Thursday, October 13, 2011

Eek!

Let me be honest. Halloween is not my favorite holiday....Growing up in Taiwan, I only know this is the day that kids dress up in costumes and go door-to-door and ask for treat. After I got married and became a home owner, for the first Halloween, I dished out the candy by letting the kids "help themselves" with the treats on my tray. Later I told Dr. John and complained that the kids took so MANY and the candy had vanished so quickly! Little did I know the "rules" and what not. Then when the kids get older, things get even more complicated. I hate DREAD making Halloween costumes. This was David's Star War-inspired costume in 2008. I'm glad that he no longer needs the Halloween costumes...if so, he can figure it out on his own (LOL).
And by the way, I didn't make that robe, either. However, I do not struggle in making a Halloween card at least. Here is the card for CREATE Blog .It was SO much more fun to make a card (instead of costumes)! I applied the SRM stickers (We've Got Your Stickers-TREAT ) and added the Glossy Accent over the images of pumpkin and candy corn. That extra shine make the image so much dimensional and interesting.
And again, I used my specialty-faux stitching.  The added fine black thread for the spider really gives the card that "Eek factor"! I am linking up my card for Simon Says Stamp Challenge (see here ). I just ordered some stamps from SSS and had a bit of hard time paying on-line. Thankfully it seems to be all resolved (thank-you to Tiffany over SSS) and I am waiting for the NEW stamps' arrival. Can you see me "salivating"....yup, I salivate for new stamps. Pathetic, huh? (LOL)!
 Thanks so much for stopping by! 

24 comments:

Brenda said...

I am not a Halloween fan either, all the knocking on the door drives me crazy and I don't really like the dark side of it and some people realy go to town to make it look plain "ugly"! But, life around here kind of requires that you participate in a way, and I do have a little girl who likes dressing up, but thankfully in princess dresses! Love your card and the glossy accents is brilliant!

Kathy Martin said...

Love your card! LOVE that spider!

cnelson said...

This is ohhhhhhh soooooo CUTE!

Linda R. said...

Your card is so adorable..

Romaine said...

Not a fan of Halloween because of costume planning, either. Loved that I could get them at Costco when they were small and they used them lots in their tickle trunk. Now, they plan their own-yay! :0)

I think that I may have to SRM stickers shop as I love the projects that you and other designers have shown with them- great fast and easy and awesome!

Annette said...

that spider is so adorable...I also love how you cut the kraft paper...love it..

Rachel W K said...

my brother and I would always dress as star wars characters for halloween! My favorite was when I was a Jawa creature :) with glowing eyes. I love the little spider on your card, he is very cute (or, eeky) don't fret halloween will be over soon!

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

David looks so cute--and I LOVE that you are honest! I'm also not a fan of Halloween! But I LOVE your card! This is a great combo of papers, stamps, stickers, and that twine with your stitching is FAB/CLEVER! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

alexandra s.m. said...

I don't like Halloween either but I love your card and that picture of David cracks me up ;-)

Tfs Virginia~

Tiffany said...

Super fun Halloween card, Virginia! Love David's smile with the light saber! Hehe! I am not a fan of Halloween either, I only like it for the little kids to enjoy. The delight on their faces is really what is fun, but for me, meh! Christmas is more fun!

Dawn said...

We don't do Halloween to the same extent over here in NZ. but do get the neighbour's children coming to get treats. Love your card and it reminded me to get my entries in. Hope I'm not too late. David looks cute in his Star Wars costume.

Donna Bowman said...

Very cute Halloween card Virginia! Love the how you used the glossy accents - great effect!!!

AnitaRex said...

Hi Virginia! I totally get you with the whole Halloween thing! I don't celebrate either grew up not! I love your card especially the fake stitched spider web! :> Love SSS it comes so fast, last time 3 days can't wait to see what you ordered! Did you do the free shipping? The first time I didn't and than the next I ordered with a friend, so worth it!

Chris and Paige Evans said...

Oh my goodness this card is so cute! I love that black thread hanging off the edges!

Barb said...

Not pathetic at all - I do the same thing! :) Love this adorable card, V! So fun with the glossy accents and scary spider! I don't like Halloween much either - never have for some reason. . .Have a fab weekend! Hugs!

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

darlin' card. Love that edge punching.

Lindsey said...

You are on a roll over at the CREATE blog, Virginia! I saw this card there earlier today. I love the spider on its faux-stitching web-thread and the glossy pumpkin and candy corn!

Kimba's Kreations said...

I really LOVE your card Virginia!!! It's sooo cute!

Karen from MI said...

No wonder I LIKE you SO MUCH, Virginia!! I just commented to Molly that I HATE Halloween, too!!! Luckily Ron LOVES to hand the candy out!! I'm always so thankful to see the day END!!! :) What a DARLING CARD! You'd never guess that Halloween wasn't your favorite holiday..........you pulled out all the stops on this card!!! TICK TOCK.......it's almost here! Love, Karen

Jen W. said...

Love the Glossy Accents and how the edges look like bites out of a chocolate bar!

Joy said...

Well we don't celebrate it down here, but I can understand what your thinking is on it..love your spooky card though, too cute for words.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Arlene said...

I love the clean feel to this card. YAY!

Alice Wertz said...

who doesn't salivate for new stamps???? =) can't wait to see what you make with the new stamps. super fun halloween card, V!! love the dangling spider. fab design!

Marcea said...

What a really wonderful card for our Halloween/Goth challenge. Thankyou so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week
-x-