Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Happy Birthday, Karen B.!

Welcome to a virtual birthday blog hop for my friend Karen! The theme is post something we're "bringing" to the birthday party, whether it's a card, a party favor, a cupcake, a decoration, etc.

Here is a bit about the birthday girl (if you don't know her already--a featured Moxie Fabber herself). I have been enjoying working with my CAS-ual Fridays girls Karen Baker's ( The Bald Dragonfly) !! Karen is one talented card-maker and blogger. She has such a fresh take on all of her designs and has an unique way of starting her posts with a short but poignant paragraph.  Some sweet, some thought-provoking,...and they are never boring!

Now let's get the party started! You probably just come from Yvonne's Do more with Less
If not, you can start just right at  Homemade Cards by Erin--our talented blogger who is the BIG party organizer. Thank you, Erin, you did an amazing job!!
For the party, I am bringing this yummy cupcake with a hint of Chocolate Chip!
happy birthday
 I used the cupcake image from SRM Sticker. I used the wooden stamp from Hero arts for chocolate chip background. Add the Stickles, twines and pearl! YUM!!

Just you think I am making a boring card for Karen...and not bring anything FUN? WRONG!!Here is my contribution of the party....
A BRA purse as a show and tell gag item. It's actual purpose was to store bras for traveling.
bra case
Karen,this will be really handy when you need to have a little get-away with your hubby. I bet your boys can never tell what it is or what's inside!!!!!!!! (LOL)!!

Please note: I am keeping this purse (it was a gift to me from a dear girlfriend), but Karen is welcome to "borrow" when the occasion arises!

On a serious note to all bloggers and friends out there, please give yourself a breast check-up. Since October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we have to be vigilant about the monthly breasts self examination. Do not hesitate to call your family doctor for the check up, if you are concerned. If you need an extra hand to check for lumps, I bet your hubby/partner/fiancee/BF will not mind helping at all! Let's all stay healthy!! I am taking Karen's party to do something constructive. I know Karen would approve!!

Here is the guest list at the party

Now the next hop will be Paper Crafts by Laurel. Please don't forget to stop by at Karen's blog here to wish her a happy birthday!  Enjoy your sweet day, Karen! 

39 comments:

Lynn said...

Hah...that purse is hilarious! Love Karen's card to...very sweet!

Cathy Fong said...

Wow!! what a great gift!! ^_^

lynn said...

what a fabulous purse! and your cards are always so sweet, virginia:)

Dana said...

You have a standing invitation to every one of my parties Virginia! Not only is that an adorable card, but that bra purse cracks me up! Too funny.

Laura B. said...

oh my gosh, too cute!!! love the bra bag!! and your card is pretty cute, too!

Christina said...

I think that purse is going to be the talk of the party! Too funny!
Your card is perfectly "sweet". I love the recipe stamped on the background and the twine!

Barb said...

So fun that you're doing this for Karen and that purse is a riot! Made me giggle!

Jo said...

Great job on the card. I don't think it's boring at all. I love the background stamp you used. Also, that bra purse is -awesome-.

Annette said...

WOW Virginia... you are too funny and where in the world did you find such a purse?? That is so great.. You are a fun birthday gift buyer... LOve your card..that background stamp is simply adorable..

Lindsay said...

LOL! I want that purse Virginia! Seriously hilarious! Love love the card, so fabulous!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

You are a hoot, you've got a standing invite to any future parties I organize, real or virtual. What a great way to use the SRM sticker... and the purse, well it's fabulous. Thank you for joining the birthday party fun!

cnelson said...

The purse is off the charts...haha! LOVE your DARLING card!

Cristina said...

Hahaha! That bag is awesome! And your card is so cute! Love the hanging cupcake.

Tinkerbeth said...

Fabulous!! What a fun way to get the word out! Great card, too!

Laurel said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! This is awesome, and hilarious! And your card is fantastic!

Michele Gross said...

LOL! That is fabulous!!!! What a super cool item :)
I'm glad you reminded about getting checked. I had 'em squeezed just last month :)

Kelley Eubanks said...

Oh my... too funny! I love it! Your card is great too! :)

Jocelyn Olson said...

Ha ha!! The bag is too funny!! That is so nice of you to do a blog hop for Karen. Your card is super sweet--especially the cupcake. Love it!

jen said...

That purse is sure to be the talk of the party!!!! ha!! Love the card too!!! :D

Vicky said...

How cute is that birthday card!!! And I love that bra purse!!!

Chunyuan said...

sweet card. and what a fun present for Karen. I bet she would love the idea.

Rachel W K said...

oh wow virginia, I have never seen something quite like that purse before! How fun to have that in your luggage bag while an airport security man searches through it! that background stamp is perfect, by the way, I've never seen it before!

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

Super cute card, I love this V! Very fun and colorful, so perfect for a birthday!

Aimes said...

Tee hee! I'm lovin' that purse :D
Of course I'm also lovin' your card with that super sweet cupcake - looks delicious!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Jenny said...

Super yummy card and what a fun purse too :)
Jenny x

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE the card V...Yummy...I Remember that purse...so Funny!! Hugs....

Nona said...

What a yummy and fun card, Virginia. And the bra purse is hilarious!

Thank you for the heads up on my tweet. I really appreciate it :) Have a wonderful day!

Karen B. said...

First, your card is awesome. What you do with those SRM Stickers always blows me away. Second, I can't thank you enough for the kind, thoughtful words. It might have made me a little teary eyed all over again. I can't believe I've had the chance to "meet" someone as grand as you are with your creativity and kind nature. Then lastly, all the tears I might have shed were soon forgotten after reading about the hilarious virtual birthday gift! And, the reminder about why this month is important! You are amazing! Thank you!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This card is awesome... and the purse... well that is just the icing on the cupcake! I love it!!! I laughed out loud causing some weird glances from my hubby in the living room! Thanks again for the smile!
Lisa

yyam said...

What a yummy card! Love the cupcake!

And how cool is that bra purse? I need one too! :)

Dawn said...

love the cupcake card and your bra bag is so funny. Love it.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What an amazing card--LOVE the simplicity and the POW with the glittered cupcake! FAB! I also love that bra purse! Who would have thought!! Happy birthday, Karen! LOOOOOOVE!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Your card is super cute, but the bra storage bag/purse made me LOL! I am still chuckling over that one. Can you imagine the looks you would get carrying THAT bag on a plane for a trip? ;)

Lisa Petrella said...

Your cupcake card is SO SUPER SWEET!!! Those SRM stickers are AMAZING and I LOVE the background recipe stamp!!!! ADORABLE! And that bra purse is totally funny!!! What will they think of next??? HA!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Cute and sweet card, and hilarious bra bag!

Lindsey said...

First off, great and important message, Virginia. Second, what a sweet birthday card for Karen! And finally, that bra bag is TOO funny!!! :P Thanks for sharing all these things!

~amy~ said...

cupcakes...you can never go wrong with cupcakes!

Bra purse...that's hilarious.

Alice Wertz said...

love that purse! love your sweet card!

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

Ahhahahahahaha! That bra purse is super fantastic! It is actually really darn cute.

LOVE the cupcake card. You always amaze me with your creativity. Simply wonderful.