Monday, October 31, 2011

Just sharing...a bit about me.

Not feeling particularly creative today, but the good news is---I did get my new order of stamps from Simon Says Stamps last week-Hooray! 
I am sharing a card I made with Penny Black stamps. I made this a while ago, but never got around to post it. As you can tell that I love the image of Polly and twines so much ......
Thank you from the bottom of my heart
The Polly image is perfect for a fall day like today. I trimmed the twines and make it like a scarf....with the wind blowing. 

 Anyhow I Saw these fun questions from Ivy's blog (see here ) and I thought it would be fun to share a bit about me. Feel free to copy and paste and share it in your blog!
 
1. Name your favorite color?
It used to red, it's now orange
2. Name your favorite song?
My Heart Will Go On (I am a Celine Dion fan)!
3. Name your favorite dessert?
There are SO many, but I think Macaron is my current fav!
4. What ticks you off at the moment?
I am actually quite content :).... well, ok.. if I don't get time to play in the craft room, I get cranky! 
5. Your favorite pet?
 I don't have pets at the moment, but my son's love of finches got me into bird-loving
6. Black or white? 
Black
7. Your biggest fear?
 Swimming in the ocean ( I can't swim)
 8. Best feature?
I am easy-going and helpful
9. Everyday attitude?
Enjoy simple things and be thankful
10. What is perfection?
Finding the silver lining in all things and situations
11. Guilty pleasure?
A bag of good old potato chips in front of TV
12. When you're upset you...?
Give it a little cry and then start stamping
~~Courtesy of my sister-in-law Florence's masterpiece--the Macaroon. She made these delectable treats for her son's wedding favors!YUM!  
 Hope you have a great day! 

25 comments:

Karin (PeppermintPatty) said...

What a sweet card Virginia!! Love the twine on the side - so creative!!!

Kimba's Kreations said...

This card is ADORABLE!!! I love the twine that you have along the side to mimic the scarf....and I just may need to steal your "getting to know you" questions

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia thanks for sharing! You are such a kind and generous person. Love the creative fringe on your card!

Carolyn King said...

this card is darling...but of course--you made it:) love the twine along the image. Fabulous!

Thanks for the sweet comment on the Ep blog today---made me smile :)

Brenda said...

Such a sweet card Virginia and I love the twine fringe! Love to learn a bit more about you!

Annette said...

I so love Macaroons...mmmmmm

your card is so sweet...love how you did the twine and that image is so darling.

Barb said...

I love this card and the clever way you used the twine! So fun reading your answers, V. I think I could have guessed quite a few of them - :)

Vicky said...

Lovely card and great to know more about you my friend!!!

Dawn said...

great card and what fun to get to know a bit more about the wonderful Virginia Lu!

Lynn said...

Adorable card Virginia...and I love reading more about you :) Definitely black over white; and a salty snack in front of the TV is perfection :)

cnelson said...

Adorable card and fun post! LOVED getting to know a little more about you!

BabyBokChoy said...

What a fun read and the card is precious.

Isha said...

Lovely card Virginia. Its great to know more about you.
Hugs

Linda R. said...

Your card is so cute.. I just love that image.. It was so fun reading about you!!

Hugs, Linda

Rachel W K said...

fun questions and answers! I hope you get some crafting in today so you won't be in a bad mood :)

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Lindsey said...

Mmmm, macarons! Pretty and tasty! :P
What a sweet card... the twine fringe really does look wind-blown. What a neat idea!

Natalia said...

wow, it's awesome!I've never seen such a beautiful cards.

To jest po prostu cudowne- tak powiedziałabym po polsku:)
Take care, Natalia

Kathy Martin said...

OMGosh! Cute, cute, cute! Love the use of twine! :)

Donna Bowman said...

Such a cute card Virginia! She is so sweet - love the twine!

Eve said...

Luv your card, and perfect match with the twine & the girl!:) Heard the earthquake in Taiwan. Hope your family is ok.. Simply i can't stand earthquakes everywhere these days...I've been quiet cuz i'd been extremely busy, deciding about $2,000. trip in one day, and 10 days later, i'm here, back in Guam. And i saw your answer; Swimming in the ocean. Really??!! I luv it! lol Since i got sick after i got here (from stress), and the weather hasn't been beach going one, i have been to the beach, only to soak my feet in the water, but haven't really gone swimming yet. Nice to have 80F's temp. though, just a nick of time to ESCAPE from the SNOW! lol :-)

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Awwww this card is so super sweet. Very clever how you used the twine. :)

Tiffany said...

Super cute colors on your card!! And I love hearing your favorite answers, Virginia!

alexandra s.m. said...

What a great post Virginia!
I love your art and perspective on life!

xox

Jocelyn Olson said...

Mmmmm....macaroons! Great post! The card is super cute...I love that stamp!

Lisa Petrella said...

ADORABLE card!! The twine treatment goes so perfectly with the sweet little gal's scarf!!!! And I enjoyed reading your answers to the questions----so much fun to learn more about you!!!