Monday, October 17, 2011

Non-Holiday Stamps for Holiday Cards (take 2...3...)

Are you tired of seeing me posting holiday cards with non-holiday stamps? I can understand if you do! I just can't help tweaking my stamps--again! It's almost like... you want your child (in this case, stamp) to achieve all the full potential that life has to offer, you know.  OK, maybe it's not a great analogy, but you get the idea :)

Today I am sharing one layer cards by using this cute stamp Musical Walk. By using the Kissing technique with Music Background, the combined images are simple yet effective. 
MERRY CHRISTMAS
 This card requires only a few steps of stamping once I had the design planned out. I made a couple more as a set. Here I used my favorite go-to ink-TH Distress inks (Fire Brick and Peeled Paint)
close-up 
This shall be my Christmas cards for this year. There are NO heavy layers and elaborate embellishments, so they are perfect for mailing!

I am entering this to the One-Layer Wednesday # 68. The challenge is to use at least one triangle on a card. You may use a real triangle (stamped, sponged) or images that are have an overall triangular profile or embellishments arranged in triangles. For my card, I used three sets stamps (Musical Walk, Music Notes and the sentiment-MERRY CHRISTMAS) and three colors of inks. I also have three blings and if you look at the entire composition, you can see the triangle, too!

This Musical Walk image is special to me because I have a daughter and a son who are 5 years apart. Despite their age difference, they are as close as can be. This stamp image has certainly reminded me of that precious relationship they have. I am taking this chance to share their common love of Disney ( and anything with Star War, Star Trek) through these photos.

Animal Kingdom (Orlando Florida) in 1998
Epcot (Orlando Florida) in 2011
Thanks for stopping by!!

28 comments:

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia I love the idea of using stamps in as many ways as possible. Thanks for showing us there are no limits!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love that card Virginia and these two shots are amazing!
How time passes..blows me away ;-)

Annette said...

aww that is so sweet... I can see how you would relate that stamp to your kids...

These Christmas cards are so awesome...I need to start mine soon..

Rachel W K said...

such cute pictures!! I want so so badly to go to Disneyworld, I have only been to Disneyland (but many many many times) and it is definitely my happiest place on earth :)
The ink you used looks really cool, I love the effect you got with it! Those are great holiday cards for this year!

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Anni said...

Oh, Virginia, I love your Christmas card with non-traditional christmas stamps! Ican´t get enough of it!
This card is so beautiful and creative - again!
Liebe Grüße, Anika

Barb said...

Love this sweet stamp, kissed with the musical notes! What a great set for Christmas - quick and easy for mass production too! Great post, V - love the photos of David and Stephanie! :)

Dwita said...

Your card with that stamp really suits with the siblings. Adorable card, adorable children.

BabyBokChoy said...

What a trip down the memory lane with these photos eh? Adorable card and again, re: your amazing children, you must be so proud!

pcm said...

those cards are nice but I LOVE the two pics you posted :) so sweet!

Anne said...

Virginia you have done it again- another gorgeous CAS designed card! Love the kissing technique and musical notes here and love the photos of your children- they are so cute and boy they grow up so fast don't they!

Anette said...

Such a sweet design, Virginia!

Lindsey said...

No, keep it up -- I love the inspiration I get from looking at your non-holiday-stamp Christmas cards! This one is, I think, my favourite so far. Now off to "kiss" some stamps with my music background! :)

Lindsay said...

What a fab set of cards Virginia! I love that you maximize those stamps!

Alice Wertz said...

always love seeing your family photos. you have such a sweet family, girl! =) love your CAS set, too. love that you used that stamp for holiday cards. so fun and perfect! love them. hope you have a wonderful week, my friend! =)

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, I love your card--love how you used this the musical walk stamp for your christmas card. Love the pictures of your children-they do grow up fast.

donna mikasa said...

You are a genius, Virginia! I can see the triangular element in your design and the image so reminds me of David and Steph and how close they are. Wonderful cards!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE this stamp with the music and colors--perfect for the holidays and it wasn't even a holiday stamp! LOVE LOVE LOVE:) LOVE the photos of the kids--WOW! They grow up fast:)

Nona said...

Oh, I love this Virginia! You are seriously a CAS genius. I haven't yet tried the kissing technique, but you've inspired by to try it out, hopefully later tonight.

Your children are so adorable and look so happy. That's so nice to hear they are close.

HAve a great day! :)

paperella said...

Virginia, what a brilliant design! And your children are beautiful! It's amazing how fast they grow, isn't it? We're thinking about "writing to the stork" soon to ask for a little brother for my son, which means that if everything goes ok, they'll probably be 5 years apart too. I'll sure need your advice, lol! :D

Sanne said...

Hi Virginia - it has been a while..... I´m "fighting" to find my mojo again after a loooooong summer break and I haven´t been blogging for quite some time now. Lots and lots of great projects at your blog since my last visit. Nice to be back ;) HUGS, Sanne

PiecesByEmily said...

What a great choice of stamps for this technique. Love it.

Arlene said...

NO, Virginia, I am NOT tired of non-Christmas stamps for Christmas cards... hehehe

Love this set of cards!

Dawn said...

What a lovely set of cards Virginia. The colours are lovely and the kissing of the music stamp is awesome. Love the photos of your children.

Dotty Jo said...

That makes a perfect Christmas stamp Virginia, you are so clever! Love the pics of your children - look how they've grown, Jo x

Brenda said...

I think this is the perfect stamp for Christmas! Thanks for sharing those beautiful photos Virginia!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Whoa! Awesome idea to use that stamp for a holiday card. With the red and green, it works perfectly!! The pics of your kids are so sweet. :)

Lin said...

LOVE this card, V, and the meaning you have attached to that sweet stamp! Love seeing these pics of your kids, too - they may have changed but they still have beautiful smiles!

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

awesome card for mass production and shipping. LOVE it.