Monday, October 24, 2011

Textures....More Textures!

When I rekindled my love of card-making 3 years ago, I was in desperate need of crafting/stamping supplies. One of those first few tools/gadgets that I love to buy was the Cuttlebug Embossing folders. As you know, they come in so many shapes, pattern and styles. Now I have accumulated quite a few (too many, if you ask my family) since then, I find myself do not use enough of them. Have you experienced that? 

The Moxie Fab World's Textured to Perfection Challenge prompted me to look at textures all over again and of course, my very much neglected embossing folders came to the rescue! This LOVELY set Craft Room from Clear and Simple is SO fun to play with. I hope you are not tired of seeing me playing with it. 
your craftroom or mine?
The "painted wall paper" was created by using one small strip of CB folder. I ran it several times and then distressed the surface with distress inks. I created the "wood floor" with the wood grain folder and distressed it with Antique Linen. I also splashed some "paint" on the wall to create the "mess". This sure is a fun card to make! Without the textures, this card would have been so bland and down right boring!
your craftroom or mine? (close up)
 As you can also tell, I applied some Glossy Accent onto the paint brushes. Love that shine! I plan to send this to a crafting friend! Hope you get creative with your embossing folders! You may want to re-visit them soon!

BIG BIG thanks to you for voting for me (see finalist). I had a BLAST with the voting on Market Street Stamps Block Party. About the voting, I sincerely thank my dear friend Lin who started this thread for me over Hero Arts Flickr Group which is the BEST stamping group --EVER! I sure feel the LOVE!! And oh...I even bugged my daughter to share the voting on her Facebook page and even troubled my sister-in-law to spread the words! Winning or not over Market Street Stamps, I sure feel like a WINNER.... thanks to your support and love!
edited***Breaking news--it's official!  I am the 1st Runner up (see here ). YAY!

37 comments:

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE!!!! Sooooooo cute V...!! xoxoxo!

donna mikasa said...

This is GENIUS, Virginia! Love the drippy paint and all the yummy texture! Love!!!

Yenni Natalia said...

Love the drippy paint!!! the colour just so bright and the sentiment totally match!

Linda said...

Virginia this is just perfection! I really love it!!

congratso n making the finalists by the way, you definitely deserve to win (yes I voted for you of course!) xxHUGSxx

Barb said...

Okay, I am 100% sure that NO ONE ELSE would have EVER come up with a card like this! You are amazing, Virginia! This is so darn creative and I just LOVE the way it turned out! Oh, the lucky, crafty friend who receives this! Hugs to you! :)

Nona said...

Wow, this is amazing, Virginia! The "painted wall paper" was brilliantly done. And I love the artsy feel of your card. Your crafting friend is one lucky ducky :)

Dawn said...

stunning card Virginia. Texture really says it all. I can't believe how amazing it is.

Lynn said...

So unique and uniquely perfect at the same time! Love it!

Julie said...

Love, love, love all the texture! This is such a great card!

cnelson said...

So FABULOUS! LOVE the dripping paint!

BabyBokChoy said...

Holy buckets, yeah, no doubt about this one, in the realm of masters!!

Lin said...

Love this, V! The dripping paint is perfect, and I do so wish we could get together to play.....one of these days!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

LOVE! The paint dripping from the corner is the perfect touch, Virginia. What a fab card. :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia the colors on your card are magnificent! I will be right over to YOUR craft room!

Annette said...

awesome card..love all those textures... good luck

Trinh said...

You knocked it out of the park with this one, Virginia! I looove the drippy paint.

sheila said...

man Virginia! this is beyond creative! what a fabfabFAB card!

Jocelyn Olson said...

That is so cool how you used the embossing folders--super creative, Virginia! I LOVE your card!! And yes, I have several CB folders and also don't use them very often. Your card is inspiring, though!

Linda R. said...

What a fabulous card.. Those paint drippings look awesome...

Hugs, Linda

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous card Virginia, I love your style you always come up with something a little different.

Also Congrats on your runner up spot at Market Street, great card.

Sue McRae said...

Very cool and fun card! Congrats on your win at Market Street!

MommaSue said...

Love the card...too cute! And congrats!

Karen B. said...

Super duper congrats to you Virginia! Fabulous card too, I knew right away that it would be perfect for the Texture challenge so glad that you entered it! Thanks too for the birthday card and gift that arrived in the mail today, how very sweet of you!

Rachel W K said...

this is by far one of my favorite cards of yours! the colors are beautiful and i love how you used the embossing folders! I loooove my folders, I haven't gotten tired of them yet but I do think I could use them a little more :) Congrats on the contest, I voted for you every day and made my hubs vote for you at his work computer so we could get more in :)

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

Wowie! This is so amazing. Talk about texture and color. I love the look of the dripping paint and the shiney wet paint brushes.

Lindsey said...

This is such a creative and cool-looking card! Congrats on your 1st runner-up finish at Market Street Stamps, too.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

LOVE this card! The texture is awesome... and congrats on winning!!!
Lisa

Stamping Cafe said...

WOW... amazing card, Virginia!! Love all the texture, totally awesome! You are super talented Virginia, you ROCK! Have a happy week! Hugs!!

Maureen Morton said...

This card is so amazing! You have inspired me to get out my folders. You seriously rock, Virginia! Congrats on the (most recent) recognition.

Cindy C. said...

Congrats Virginia!

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

This card is sooo cool!! I just love it!

MarcyK924 said...

Another one going on my top favs! This is SO creative - I LOVE it!!

Clare said...

Wow Virgina, this is such an AWEsome card!! Seriously, I love all the textures you have going on, and that 'paint' coming down the wall is SO neat!!
Congrats on being the runner up (still trying to figure out how you weren't the grand prize winner though...? lol ;))! :)

Alice Wertz said...

this is fabulous, Virginia! love love how you used those embossing folders and the colors are beautiful. super card!

ScrappyV said...

One word: genius.

Cathy Fong said...

the most fabulous card i seen!! very clever idea! love those colours

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks again for linking up to the Textured to Perfection challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)