Thursday, November 10, 2011

Button Tree

Do you have too many buttons that you don't know what to do with them sometimes? Here is a video from the super talented Hero Arts artist Shari's Button Tree to get your creative juices started! Check out the awesome video if you haven't. Her button tree is absolutely exquisite!
And so it happens that the CREATE Blog  challenges us to make a card with wood. I have a lot of wooden buttons and I haven't used them much at all. (edited note: I forgot to submit this card to CREATE blog after all--my bad!!). With that in mind, I made a Christmas button tree! And yes again, another non-conventional colors for the Christmas cards.
Merry and Bright!
First I took out the buttons and planned it out a bit. Then I cut out a triangle and added two clear buttons with the backing of the pattern paper (from Bazzill's Grandma's Feather Bed). After gluing the buttons in place with Glossy Accent, I stitched up the buttons and added the pearls/gems. And there is the button tree!
Button Tree (close-up)
So what do you think? I hope you get your buttons out and play, too! LOTS of fun! If you DO play with buttons, here is a Moxie Fab World's Random Fun challenge that you don't want to miss.

Lastly, please stop by this post SRM Feature to comment for the SRM Stickers and tubes giveaway. There is still time to enter! I have a Operation Write Home post coming up. Hope you can join the fun and worthy cause!!

32 comments:

Barb said...

I love your button tree, Virginia! So clever to use the wood ones too! Beautiful card!

Annette said...

Virginia... you keep knocking these out of the ball park... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS CARD....so adorable...

MommaSue said...

I love button designs. Your card is a nice break from the traditional Christmas card colors. Great job!

Arlene said...

What a marvelous button tree!

Barb said...

this is perfect! love the new color scheme...pink is a great christmas color! you're creativity is so inspiring to me...tfs :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia the soft background of houses really sets of the button tree - which is fabulous!

BabyBokChoy said...

WHAT an adorable tREE!!!!

Tiffany said...

Love your very sweet tree, Virginia! Yes, I always have way too many buttons and I often feel bad about not using them too!

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous button tree Virginia!

Colleen Dietrich said...

THis is such a super cute design, Virginia! Love the dashes of pink on here.

Rachel W K said...

i have loved seeing all these button trees pop up around the blogosphere... i should probably make one myself! i love that you put the nice house background, its so cozy :)

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

Ooh la la! I love that button tree Virginia and also the subtle stamped houses in the background! Beautiful!

Kathy (krolski) said...

I love your button tree! Very creative and colorful!

Donna Bowman said...

That is a beautiful button tree Virginia!! I also like how you did the houses in and the sentiment - very creative!!

Charlene said...

What an adorable button tree! I love it!!

Carolyn King said...

this is so stinkin cute Virginia! LOVE the wood buttons and how you added a few clear ones and pearls/rhinestones! Awesome!

Karen B. said...

What a fun card and really really fun tree!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love your card! great design and the button tree is so cute! I may have to CASE it! thanks for the inspiration.

shirley said...

Love your fabulous button tree.
Thanks for the inspiration :)

Eve said...

Luv esp. the Wooden buttons for this tree, matching the natural color of houses on the background! :-)

Lindsey said...

Nice! The torn paper + glitter makes a lovely snowy ground for the tree.

Nancy said...

Beautiful button tree, the wood buttons are fun and different! I really love the pretty background with the houses, so beautifully subtle!

Simone said...

This is so beautiful Virginia!! Love the non-traditional colours and that gorgeous button tree!! Congrats on the HA tweet! :)

sheila said...

Fun, fun card Virginia! I love the shadow of the homes in the background too!

Linda R. said...

This is so adorable.. I just love it!!!

Hugs, Linda

Dawn said...

So pretty Virginia. Love the way you have the house in the background

Tina said...

Your button tree is so special and I love the subtle row of houses in the BG.

Cathy Fong said...

ohhh!! this is one very beautiful and special card !!! i hope you win with this card :D

cheiron said...

This is fantastic. Love this mix of buttons and pearls, what a great accent for a beautiful card!

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

Oh such a fabulous idea. I need to find me some wood buttons. LOVE yours.

AnitaRex said...

Oh I love your button tree! Especially that you used the wooden buttons!:> Love the houses in the background too!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This is AMAZING, Virginia! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your colors of pink and wood! LOVE your glittered snow--LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! One of my TOP 5 from you!!! LOVE:)