Friday, November 4, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge # 27

Are you ready for another exciting CAS-ual Fridays? Well, we want to get you excited AND put you ON edge!  
 Our sponsor is Lil' Inker Designs
 The Challenge is to create card/project over the Edge-Have a panel or image extend beyond the edge of the card. Sounds like fun? Here is my sample.
Many Thanks (2)
I used the digit kit from Hero Arts called Poetic Petals . It is a rather large flower and I didn't re-size it. I did, however, painstakingly cut the whole flower out with the stem in tact! (what was I thinking?)  I also added the Perfect Pearl dimensional Liquid. Love the Buttercup color!
Many Thanks (3)
A little strip of Basic Grey Paper was added to complete the look. I used water color pencils to color the flower! It is a rather fast process with the water-coloring! The lovely sentiment is from SRM Stickers called Fancy Sticker Sentiment-Thanks.

I hope you get creative and put a little something on/over the edge with your card! Can't wait to see what you come up with! Please link back your project to  CAS-ual Fridays  by midnight Nov. 9, Wednesday Eastern Time! Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

Dawn said...

Fabulous Virginia. I'll have to get organised to try this challenge.

Tejal said...

So fabulous!!!!

Marlena M. said...

Wowzers, that flower is amazing. I love those pearls! ;)

Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wowzers!! This is tremendous!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great job cutting!!!!

Can't wait to play along this week!!!!!!

Maria :)

cnelson said...

So GORGEOUS!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Love your "fussy" cutting Virginia and the "over the edge" design!!

Lisa said...

Oh goodness Virginia this is SO PRETTY! Love the center of the flower :)

Lisa Petrella said...

Absolutely STUNNING card, Virginia!!! Your fussy cutting was worth the effort---looks AMAZING! And I LOVE the pearly accents in the center of the flower too!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, Your card is beautiful--the flower looks perfect cut out. You did a wonderful job. Hugs to you.

alexandra s.m. said...

Such a beauty Virginia!
Superb!!
xox

Kelly Booth said...

So Pretty V....Love this Gorgeous Flower!!

Tiffany said...

I let out a little squeal of delight when I saw this V! I LOVE the colors on those petals, super pretty!!

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

WOW, stunning effect and the liquid pearls are the perfect touch!

Mynnette said...

This is wonderful!!! The way you cut out the flower is so unique--I will have to CASE this! :)

Laura Davis said...

Lovely!
Hugs
Laura

Karen Aicken said...

Brilliant way to use that flower image. TFS
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

Ellen said...

What a pretty card! I love that flower and the Liquid Pearls.

Jenny said...

Oh how pretty Virginia, love how you've part cut around the flower...must have taken ages but was well worth the steady hand :)
jenny x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wow! That is gorgeous, Virginia. Love how the bright blossom extends over the top of the card, and how you dotted the center with Liquid Pearls.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! Just gorgeous--I LOVE the flower coming off the edge! YOU AMAZE ME!