Friday, November 18, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge # 29

Friday is here! Let's get our CAS-ual Friday Challenge started!

 
Please note that this is a TWO-week challenge. Since American Thanksgiving is almost here, we'd like to give you more time to spend time with family and friends. We hope that you can still find time to take part in this fun challenge.
Our sponsor: Trade Fish Designs
This lovely sketch was provided by one of our talented DT Karen B. I just love the simplicity of the sketch. 
Congrats!


I used the Lawn Fawn Stamps (Ornate Ornament ) for this non-holiday card! I applied distress inks onto the back of the stamps to get the shape, and then I stamped the image over the shapes. Add some lace and glitter, voila! Those perfect Pearl accents are simply fun to play with. Hope this will get your creative juices flowing ...Please link up your card/project by November 30, Wednesday midnight Eastern Time at CAS-ual Fridays. Meanwhile, if you like to help me celebrate my upcoming 50th birthdayhere is the info that you can find out how to join the party! 
I can't wait to see what you create!

32 comments:

Simone said...

This is soo pretty Virginia! I love those gorgeous sparkly ornaments! Also congrats on the CARDS blog my sweet friend! :)

Dawn said...

wonderful Virginia. Such a neat idea to use the ornaments on a non-Christmas card like this.

Annette said...

love your eye for color... you always have the cutest color combos... Love these ornaments...great card.

Karen B. said...

I've got a card cooking for your birthday, just haven't found the time to put it together! This is a lovely holiday card, your colors are so pretty.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia the ornaments make such a great congrats design. Love all the shine and sparkle you added!

Barb said...

Love your big, beautiful ornaments, Virginia! The colors are so pretty! I'm hoping to play along - love the extra week this time! Hugs!

Marlena M. said...

This is such a fun card with cool colors, Virginia! ;)

cnelson said...

Sooooo LOVELY!!!

Jenny said...

So,so,pretty Virginia, cute strip of lace too :)
Jenny x

Brenda said...

Beautiful Virginia! Love the colours! Can't wait to play with this sketch!

CinnamonSally said...

Really pretty card Virghinia, can't wait to play!!

Lisa said...

Wonderful Virginia, great colors and shimmer!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Love those fabulous colors and the lace trim. Have a happy weekend! :)

Rachel W K said...

beautiful!! I love all the shimmer! I've got to get my creative juices flowing for your birthday card!!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Beautiful card Virginia and great idea!

Linda R. said...

Such a pretty Christmas, I just Love the sparkles..

Hugs, Linda

AnitaRex said...

Oh Virginia this is such a sweet holiday card! You used one of my favorite techniques for the stamping! :> Also love how you used the perfect pearls too!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH---those ornaments are GORGEOUS! LOVE the glitter and the lace at the bottom of the card:) YOU ROCK! I love love love visiting your blog:)

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful, love the sparkle!
Hugs
Laura

Tiffany said...

Beautiful colors and shine on your ornaments, so pretty, Virginia! I hope you are having a lovely weekend!

BabyBokChoy said...

I love those shiny ornaments, absolutely wonderful!

Lindsay said...

So pretty Virginia! I just love those ornaments!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is so much fun... I love the bright colors and of course the glitter! I can't wait to try my hand at this sketch thank you for the inspiration!
Lisa

Lindsey said...

So very pretty, Virginia. Love the glitter and the perfect pearls.

Karen Aicken said...

What a fun card for the sketch - TFS
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

Trinh said...

So pretty and great idea to use the ornaments for a non-holiday card!

Anne Tussing said...

So pretty with the colors and lace that you chose! Happy Birthday!

Cindy C. said...

Fun take on the sketch Virginia!

carol (krillsister) said...

Gorgeous card. I love the colors of the hot air balloons. Love the lace & the bling too.

Glenda J said...

So beautiful! Fabulous ornaments...

Mynnette said...

What a beautiful card---and the sentiment makes it so versatile!!! BEAUTIFUL job! :)

Victoria said...

Gorgeous colour combination. I love it! Thank you for your comments on my blog :)