Thursday, November 17, 2011

Christmas card with Washi Tape

This week's CREATE Blog challenge is to use washi tape in the card/project. I made a card for the same challenge before (see birthday card), but this time I decided to make a Christmas card with the same washi tape. Well, I have just 4 rolls of Washi tape, so it's not a lot of choices. BUT I am thankful for these precious Japanese Washi tapes. They were brought back by my daughter Stephanie while she had a summer exchange study in Singapore in 2010. 
MERRY CHRISTMAS
I created two ribbon banners with the Washi Tape. The top strip of Washi tape has bow design and it seems perfect for this card, too! The sentiment is from Hero Arts and the cute images are from Lawn Fawn. I colored the present and bear with color pencils and blended the colors with mineral spirit.

Have you checked out the birthday party event in my blog yet? Hope you can join the celebration. I am counting down the days to my birthday...can't believe that I am turning 50!!I feel like sharing a fun photo that my kids made for me on Mother's Day in 2008.
 Aren't they sweet to make ME as the cover of the TIME magazine? As you can tell, David grew SO much in the last few years. Here is a more recent photo of my family in Feb. this year.
Good times! Thanks for allowing me to indulge in these photos!

18 comments:

Barb said...

I love it when you share photos, Virginia, and these two are so fun! I remember seeing that Time Magazine one before - what a neat thing for your kids to do for you! Love your adorable card too! Hugs! :)

Simone said...

Aww love those photos! How cool is the Time Magazine one! LOL!! That is such a nice gift from your kids :) Your card is so cute too Virginia!

Lynn said...

Way to go Mom of the year! Fabulous!! :)

And your card...love those sweet banners with the tape!

Linda R. said...

What a cute card.. I only have one roll of washi tape.. and I don't even think I have used it yet!!

I just love seeing your photos..

Hugs, Linda

cnelson said...

Darling card! LOVE those FUN photos!!!

Annette said...

love your photos...what a sweet family. Thanks for sharing..

Love your card...I love the rich colors you used...and great use of the Washi Tape.

Chris and Paige Evans said...

Suuuuuch a cute card! I love how you used the washi tape!

Rachel W K said...

great photos, congrats on making the cover of TIME!!! ;)

Julie said...

I never used washi tape before. But love the way you make the banner. Great card!

Therese Franziska said...

Hi Virginia,
like your card and your event ;-)
you will get a card for sure!!!!sending many smiles!!Franziska

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

So much fun! Love the use of the tape! Great pictures too!
Lisa

Trinh said...

I love this card, Virginia! The Washi tape banners are so creative! And thank you for sharing your family photos!

Lindsey said...

Wow, your daughter was so on-trend bringing washi tape home for you from her travels! Such a sweet card, too -- I really like how you've been doing these mixed-colour sentiments.
And thanks for sharing more family pics! Always fun to see.

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your card and just like the other girlfriends, I love it when you share photos ;-)

Thank You Virginia!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Your children are so wonderful to create their own Time magazine cover. Adorable card too!

AnitaRex said...

Love how you used the washi tape! :> Great holiday card Virginia! And love that Time magazine photo, such sweet kids! :> OH and I am working on your birthday card!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I need to get some washi tape---you inspire me:) LOVE the pics of the family!! I always enjoy looking at family photos:)

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

totally love this card!!!