Saturday, November 5, 2011

Inspiration Photo

I was intrigued from this Pinterest photo from Lucy over Hero Arts blog (see Snowflake Inspiration).
 I have been playing with this new set of stamps called Happy Holidays
and so this provided me a chance to try it out! Here is what I came up with...
Peace on Earth
I started with one house stamp and then gradually built up the design. Here I used Broken China and Spun Sugar for the house colors.

* A few notes about the stamping of the houses (edited)
1. Ink in Distress inks, spritz of water (lightly) on the back of the clear house stamp (so you get the shapes of the houses)
2. Heat emboss the house stamp with white detailed powder
3. Sponge same distress inks over the houses to make the colors more defined
4. Cut out, and pop dot the houses

A lot of clear Stickles were added for the snowy effect. The sentiment is from SRM Stickers. I am in the mood for more Christmas cards! On Monday, I am doing a little Lawn Fawn challenge with my friend Vicky! Hope you can stop by!

21 comments:

Donna Bowman said...

Very pretty and peaceful Christmas card Virginia!

Barb said...

This so pretty Virginia! I love these soft colors, the subtle glitter and that beautiful medallion...a beautiful treat! Looks like a winner to me :)

CinnamonSally said...

Such a pretty card Virginia and fabulous colours for Christmas!!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous card Virginia! Love those little houses and the way you popped them up!

Karen B. said...

Very beautiful!

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

very pretty.

Sue McRae said...

So pretty and soft Virginia. Love this colour combo for the holidays with a touch of sparkle.

Annette said...

aww I love it.. you can send me this card...lol

Virginia L. said...

Sure, Annette, just give me your address. I will pop this in the mail for you :)

Lindsey said...

Such a beautiful card, Virginia! I love the colours -- unusual for Christmas, but I love it! May have to try it!

sheila said...

this is so soft and "feminine" looking...I love your sentiment tag....that really does look like a cookie!

Elizabeth said...

Wow do I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

Romaine said...

Virginia, sooooo pretty! I love it!

BabyBokChoy said...

absolutely amazing interpretation and realization!!!!!

Cathy Fong said...

pretty soft sweet colors. i really adore ur card :)

Dawn said...

oh my Virginia ... this is so pretty..love those soft colours you made the houses in.

AnitaRex said...

Lovely!!!! Great take on the photo and I like how you did the trees! :> Sending hugs my friend!

Linda R. said...

Your card is so pretty.. It has an elegant feel to it.. I love it.
Hope you are enjoying your weekend..

Hugs, Linda

Anette said...

Such a pretty row of snowy houses!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

THis is beautiful! And I love the color combo, this is so soft and warm! Thank you!

Sanne said...

Totally love this Virginia - so beautiful!