Monday, November 7, 2011

Lawn Fawn Stamps Feature with Vicky!

Hello! Today is a fun day to"hang out" with my blog friend Vicky from Clips-n-Cuts.Vicky invited me to do a little challenge with two sets of Lawn Fawn Stamps Ornate Ornaments and pa-rum-pa-pum-pum. Vicky is one of the founders who started Lily Pad challenge! Her videos are always a delight to watch! I highly recommend you to follow Lily Pad Cards and Vicky's blog. You will NOT be disappointed!

Here is a look at Vicky's masterpiece. Check out the FUN video in her blog, too!
Isn't it festive and beautiful? I love the little stamps from the Ornate Ornaments and pa-rum-pa-pum-pum and I thought Vicky's interpreted it so perfectly. To make a it a little twist, I like the idea of using unconventional colors for Christmas card. Vicky and I also share the love of using Basic Grey pattern paper. So with all that in mind, I came up with my clean and simple interpretation.
Have a beary Merry Christmas
The "discovery" I have from making this card was the fun way to create the small ornaments. I punched out the small circles and then glued all the circles in place, then I stamped the tiny ornament directly over them. Super fun and easy --it took less then 30 secs! The Basic Grey paper (Out of Print) are so perfect for this design. Please stop by Vicky's blog here to see her gorgeous card! 

 I am also excited about this issue of 365 Cards by Paper Crafts (more details here ). Yes, I am one of the 16 never before published designers! It is supposed to hit the stand TODAY! And I am happy to share that I have one card picked up by Paper Crafts for the 2012 May/June issue!  More about that submission later! Thanks for stopping by! 

31 comments:

Cathy Fong said...

what a very beautiful card :) love the yellow pearls dot effect :)

Karin (PeppermintPatty) said...

WONDERFUL! + Big congrats too!!!

Maureen Morton said...

Super- dear card, Virginia. Thanks for the tip on the circle punch. And, one big congrats - I can't believe that you haven't already been published many times.....you are amazing! Can't wait to see you in print!

Donna Bowman said...

Beautiful card Virginia - I love the little punched ornaments and the hanging dots!! I've been using Out of Print a lot lately - it's a great set of paper.

Barb said...

This is so cute and sooo pretty! BG papers are perfect for paper piecing, the colors are always amazing. Love the golden chain holding each ornament too...perfect card! congrats on being published. i'm not surprised at all! :)

Linda R. said...

So darn cute.. I love popping in too see what you create..

Hugs, Linda

BabyBokChoy said...

No doubt, these are absolutely adorable!!

Annette said...

adorable card...and congrats on one of your cards being published...that is so exciting..

cnelson said...

This is so darling Virginia!

Lin said...

Congratulations all around, Virginia! Love this sweet card - adorable little Teddy! This looks like my Christmas tree - I always put some of my special Teddies under it....

Barb said...

I'm heading out today to pick up that issue - can't wait to see your name in print, my friend! So exciting - big congrats! Love this adorable card today! Those tiny ornaments are so cute! Hugs! :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

All kinds of happy here today! Congratulations on your publication Virginia and your two cards are fantastic!

Patricia said...

super adorable card Virginia I love it =)

Chunyuan said...

very cute card. Congrats on your publication!

Vicky said...

So happy to start the week with you my dear Virginia! Your card is adorable and it has actually inspired me for the card I am posting on Tuesday! Thank you so much!!!! Hugs

Μαρία said...

Beatiful card!! So great idea the way you stamped the ornaments, they look fantastic!!! (i will try this too : )

Lindsey said...

Eek! This card is almost too cute for words. I think I'll have to try your ornament discovery, because it looks amazing on this! Love every detail. :)

Isha said...

Fantastic card Virginia. Love all the details and the pattern paper.

Chris and Paige Evans said...

I love those ornaments on the "beary" Christmas card! So cute!

Rachel W K said...

wait are you telling me you're in this magazine issue?!!! How amazing!! And the idea with the circles and ornaments is great, thank you! CONGRATS

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Kathy (krolski) said...

Aww, such a sweet card Virginia. I love the ornaments and that cute bear. What a great idea to cut the circles first. Congrats on the 365 card pub! Can't wait to see this issue and find your card! :)

Nancy said...

Such a clever girl you are...finding a quick and easy way to paper-piece those itty bitty ornaments, it's brilliant! Love this card, it's too cute!

Tiffany said...

Oh, I'm totally loving all of your handing ornaments! Very sweet design!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card Virginia!
and I'm so happy and proud to hear about the publications ;-)

Yeah!!

liana suwandi said...

hi virginia... saw your name on moxie blog today, i thought I visit you and it's been a while... Congrats on your publications... what a sweet card.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a fabulous card! I loooooooooove those ornaments hanging on the liquid pearls! FAB and clever!! Congrats on your publication! I cannnnnot wait to see what you have in this mag! HOOOOOOORAY:)

Kathy said...

wooooo hooooo congrats on your pub BC!!! love your card and post too. must skype soon
hugs,Kathy

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow!!! Congrats!!! That is so exciting, I would be buying every copy I saw if it was me... hehehe! Love the cards! Thanks again!
Lisa

Kimba's Kreations said...

CONGRATS on your publication Virginia!!! Love the card too!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, your card is beary cute, Virginia! I love the ornaments! Thanks for sharing how you created them in 30 seconds!

Looking forward to seeing you in 365--I just ordered my copy! Woo hoooo!

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

Oh my goodness, how simple adorable and sweet. Love all the hanging ornaments. LOVE it!