Sunday, November 27, 2011

New Stamps!

 In the last few weeks I am blessed to have received some new stamps from my Hero Arts win and I bought a few sets myself. For once, I feel like my stamps are not being inked up fast enough! Gone are the days when I had NO or few stamps! One of them I bought from Simon Says Stamps is Happy Holidays. I had made a few cards from this set (see here, here and here ). Today I am sharing the latest one!
Happy Holiday
This card is pretty simple and easy to make. There are just a few special things about it:
I stamped the trees in rocking motion (first in Bundled Sage, then in Peel Paint around the tree image)  in order to achieve the different shades of green. Then I added the dimensions with pop dots. The sentiment was embossed. I love how this Nordic stitched looks! Want more inspiration? Check  Nordic Stitching in Pinterest. And.... speaking of Nordic, my family and I are planning on going on a Baltic cruise in this coming summer (as part of my 50th birthday present!!)! I will be in Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Finland, Estonia, Sweden & Russia!! How AWESOME is that!? I get excited just thinking about it :)
This stamp set is perfect for a non-sewer like me. I added one of my favorite things-faux stitching to give a more polished look!  Lastly, I added the white Pearlescent Dimensional Liquid to the trees. Lovely stuff, isn't it?
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 For my Crafty girl friend card giveaway (see here), the random winner is

#23 Maureen Morton said...
Thanks for reminding me of this great technique, Virginia. Love the happy colors! An iphone app?! Seriously, you DO get around, girlfriend! Thanks!
Please e-mail me your postal address, Maureen, so I can pop the card and some SRM Stickers in the mail for you!

Thank you, friends, for being such dedicated readers/followers to my blog! Every day I feel so encouraged by your positive feedback....you make me want to be a better blogger/stamper! HUGS to you all! 

37 comments:

Donna C. said...

Oh, Please! I have to know where you got the stitched letter stamps. I love Nordic and have been looking for letters like this. My email is rubyslippers@neofast.net and I will be forever grateful if you provide the information. I just LOVE your cards.

Donna C. said...

Oh, now I see! I missed the link the first time.

Dawn said...

Fabulous Virginia. Love the Nordic stamp. And what a trip that will be. Lucky lucky you!

Joy said...

Fantastic card...love it Virginia, your stitching is perfect...have fun on your trip..hugs

Chunyuan said...

awesome card. Love that Nordic holiday stamp. I have been debating about that set and this is not helping.

Linda said...

so gorgeous! i'd like to try making that stamp look like it's cross-stitched on canvas or something--you've inspired me Virginia!

have an amazing holiday (i'm very jealous but very happy for yoU!)

xx

Barb said...

another cas beauty! i'm a non-sewer too and but love the look of it on cards. these stitched sentiments the best. the faux stitching looked real to me! great design!

Anette said...

Gorgeous card, Virginia! I don't see Norway on your list, though! You'll have to let me know when (and where!) you'll be in Sweden and Denmark - but with my luck I'll be in the US at that time...

Karen B. said...

Really really awesome faux stitching!

Lynn said...

Can you pack me in your bag for the cruise?! That sounds amazing! Now...your card is gorgeous! I love how you added dimension to your trees. I have some new Hero stamps on their way to me...can't wait to get inky!

cnelson said...

LOVE it!!!

Annette said...

so cute...love getting new stamps...great stitching and really love how the tree curls...love that affect..

MarcyK924 said...

I can't believe you don't sew! LOVE this card because it really looks stitched! SO excited for you for that AMAZING trip, V!! What a birthday present! Hugs, Marcy xoxo

Maureen Morton said...

Are you kidding me? I am the lucky winner? Here I was ready to comment on this sweet, home-spun card and I kept reading.........wow! Santa came early. Thanks for this and for all your sweet inspiration, Virginia!

Rachel W K said...

this is a very cool stamp set, i have been oogling it for a while! I love what you made, and the tip for the trees is a great idea... i'll have to try it :)

Karin (PeppermintPatty) said...

WONDERFUL card - LOVE your design and rustic, nordic feel to it! Perfect stitching and GREAT embossing!

BabyBokChoy said...

yay for new stamps :) awesome card!

BabyBokChoy said...

yay for new stamps :) awesome card!

Lindsay said...

LOVE new stamps! So so fun, as is this card Virginia! Full of holiday cheer!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY, Virginia--you are amazing me! I LOVE these new stamps and the stitched look! LOVE LOVE LOVE everything you do:)

Simone said...

Such a gorgeous card Virginia! I love the faux cross stitched look on this! So fun and perfect for holiday cards :)

Linda R. said...

Looks like your having fun with your new stamps.. What a cute card!!

Creations by Shirl said...

Such a pretty card Virginia~
Love how you did the tree!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia you are creative genius with stamps and inks. Fabulous design!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Great card! Love this stamp set and love how you made the tree 3-d. Your trip sounds wonderful! So excited for you, my friend!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Love the beautiful colors against the kraft. A birthday cruise sounds like sooo much fun!

Chunyuan said...

Just want to drop a note that love all your cards using single sheet of SRM stickers over the Simon Says Stamp blog.

Tiffany said...

You've got me interested in that Nordic set now, hmmmm....thanks for all your inspiration, really pretty card!

Donna Bowman said...

I love that stamp set!! Very pretty CAS Christmas card Virginia!!

Alice Wertz said...

simply fabulous! love love the design, V!! super card. so sorry for not visiting for so long. finally catching up. =)

Clare said...

Love it Virginia! You've been rocking the kraft cardstock as of late! And I totally thought the stitching was real before I finished reading the post!
That cruise sounds SUPER fun! I've never been outside the US before, so I am VERY jealous! ;)

Lindsey said...

Great new stamps, but it's what you did with them that really makes them shine! Your birthday cruise sounds like it will be fabulous!

Chris and Paige Evans said...

You are the queen on stamping!

CanadianScraps43 said...

This card is so beautiful. So love the country feel that these stamps bring and totally love the CAS style of this card. Don't you just love stamps that make a card come to life. Hero Art stamps really do that don't they! So love the traditional colours Virginia. Big congrats to Maureen on her win.

Eve said...

luv the Kraft background for this card :-) The stamp image & stitches around the card matches! :-)

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

that tree is 'rockin' fabulous. love the two tones of green.

Brenda said...

I love that Nordic stamped sentiment and your tree is super gorgeous!