Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pay It Forward Challenge

Among all the cards that I make, I think I make the most of hello cards. It is the easiest kind of cards to make. Since this type of cards can be totally random, it does not has to be complicated or fancy. When you send one to your old friend,  he/she will know exactly where to pick up the pieces since last time you are in contact. Your new friend is certainly not expecting anything ( just yet) and will be thrilled to pieces to get a hello card.

I had made this card a while ago for Paper Crafts submission, it was not picked, sadly. It , however, remains to be one of my all time favorite cards. Today I decided to "recycle" it and enter it for the challenge over Moxie Fab's World for the "Pay It forward"Challenge.
My first publication is right here in this magazine (you did it on P.70).
hello (2)
Cardstock: white (Recollections), Blue (Martha Stewart, 8”x8” ,Pastel Paper pad); Pattern Paper: Basic Grey (Out Of Print) 6’x6” pad; Cleat Stamp: sentiment from Type (Hero Arts); Ink: Versamark (Watermark Stamp Pad), Pastel Embossing Powder (Lady Bug) from Martha Stewart by EK Success ; Tools: Fiskars Micro Scissors;  Accent: Gems (Hero Arts), SRM Press (Life is Good)

1.       1. Make card from cardstock
2.       2. Stamp hello sentiment with Versamark ink, emboss
3.       3. Cut out flowers form Out of Print collection, Adhere to card stock
4.       4. Apply Sticker sentiment (“how’s life?”), add gems

Did you check out my birthday celebration post (see here or the top of the post)? I hope you can join the fun and help me celebrate this special milestone.  It will mean so much to me. Thanks so much for stopping by!

23 comments:

Isha said...

Lovely card Virginia and Congrats again on the publication friend.

Simone said...

Such a pretty card Virginia! Love those cute flowers! Congratulations on the pub - so well deserved! :)

Dawn said...

Just gorgeous Virginia. I can't understand why it was picked... it's stunningly beautiful

Lynn said...

Oh my...am in love with those flowers and the gems...such a great choice of paper/colors!

cnelson said...

So FAB! LOVE it!

Redanne said...

I have only just found you, via Vicky's blog. This card is stunning in its simplicity, gorgeous colours and layout. Just beautiful, will be following you now! Have a wonderful birthday -Regards, Anne R

Elizabeth Allan said...

Congratulations Virginia! You're right - hello cards are the perfect way to send love.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Your card is great! Super cute! I would have published it. :)

Tiffany said...

What a very sweet 'hello' card, V! You use those stickers so well! I agree, "hello" cards are so easy to make with almost any image or type of papers!

Linda R. said...

Sooooo cute. I love it!

Hugs, Linda

Jocelyn Olson said...

I love your card, too, Virginia! (You should have resubmitted it!)The BG paper flowers are so fun...I love how they look!

BabyBokChoy said...

Love how bright this is! awesomeness!

Kathy Martin said...

Fantastic card! Love those Basic Grey flowers!!!! :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is gorgeous, I def. see why you like it so much! Wonderful, thank you again!
Lisa

Lindsey said...

What a pretty card, Virginia. It must be IMPOSSIBLE to pick cards at PC mag if a card like this can be turned down. Love the layout and the colours.

Brenda said...

I love Hello cards too, they are so versatile! Love this one Virginia! All that white space is so yum!

Annette said...

love those flowers and the RED hello is so awesome...

Kelly Booth said...

Congrats on your Pub V....So very happy and proud of you!! Love this card too....

Clare said...

Oooo, I like this Virginia!! Such a funkadelic card (sorry, couldn't resist using the word - my sister uses it all the time ;)). Those flowers are so pretty, and I love the bold colors!

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

Wow, this is really awesome. Funny how they pick what goes in the mag. I would totally put this in!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH! This looks so difficult--esp. those flowers! But you made it in 4 easy steps! LOOOOOVE it! You are MOXIE FAB:)

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks for linking this up to the Pay It Forward Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Chunyuan said...

beautiful card. Congrats on the first pub. You are on a roll!