Sunday, December 4, 2011

Birthday Gift Card

This month's Hero Arts challenge is to create pocket card (details here ).
 I came up with a very simple design for our staff's birthday gift card holder. 
 Birthday Wishes (gift card holder)
Card stock: Hero Hues (Sunshine, Hero Arts), Bazzill Basics Paper
Pattern Paper: Basic Grey (Out of Print)
Wooden Stamp: Classic Bloom (Hero Arts)
Dye Ink: Adirondack Espresso (Ranger), Distress Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Scattered Straw)
Tool: Copic Marker (Ciao, E31), Fiskars Micro Scissors
Accents: Liquid Pearls (Dimensional Pearlescent Paint (Ranger), SRM Press (Fancy Sticker Sentiments, Birthday), 3-D Dots (1/8”) by EK Success

1 Make card from cardstock, cut Basic Grey paper into strips
2 Stamp the flower with Scattered Straw over white card stock, adhere to Hero Hue
3 Adhere Basic Grey strips over, glue both ends to cardstock (leave the middle part unglued)
4 Stamp the flower with Espresso over yellow (Basic Grey) paper, and then cut it out. Color the center with copic and add Liquid Pearl at center, let dry
5 Pop-dot the flower at centre, apply sentiment and insert gift card

I am also sharing the card that I made for the Scramble challenge over Hero Arts Flickr. Here is the inspiration photo. 
My interpretation. This card took me about 40 minutes to make.
big big hugs
Lastly, I am sharing two unusual photos of me. I was hiking near Lake Louise this past summer...the mountains were absolutely majestic! 

And yes, Virginia is going to be over the hills very soon. Just 5 more days! Please hop on the last minute party train here if you want to PARTY with me!

23 comments:

Lynn said...

I love the gift card holder! Such gorgeous colors and what an amazing take on the sketch!

Isha said...

Love your cards. Beautiful colors and pp. Like your hiking photo too:)

Barb said...

Have you shown Dr. John that you're up to 46 birthday cards? See? I told you it would get to 50 before the big day - only 4 more to go!

Love both cards today, V, and it's so fun seeing those beautiful photos again - ya look so cute! :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fabulous, fabulous... and I havne't forgotten the big celebration (just been distracted!!!). Love this gift card holder, I just made my first one yesterday, what a great crafty item to have in my stash.

Annette said...

Your card is awesome...that flower is beautiful and it comes with a gift card...wow they get two gifts...a beautiful card and a fun GC...love your photos...those mountains are amazing..

Creations by Shirl said...

Totally pretty Virginia~
Love them both.... such a pretty scenery of those mountains how fortunate to live their....Awesome my friend...

cnelson said...

Gorgeous cards!!!

Rachel W K said...

great card for the scramble! im sad i lost track of time and didnt get to play along. and those mountains are breathtaking!!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous cards Virginia and great to see your photographs the sceanery is fabulous!!

Linda R. said...

Such beautiful cards. And I love your photos.. Looks so beautiful..

Hugs, Linda

Brenda said...

Love the beautiful cards and photos today Virginia! I love Lake Louise!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow, what beautiful pictures!!! Those mountains are gorgeous, can I go too?
Lisa

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia your Lake Louise photos are gorgeous. I can see why you fell in love with the area. Very creative gift card holder. Beautiful way to give a gift and have a fabulous piece of art too!

Karen B. said...

So your big day is getting closer...yay! Wonderful cards, I just love your color combos.

Dawn said...

gorgeous cards Virginia and your hiking photos are stunning. Not long now till the BIG day.

BabyBokChoy said...

I would love to go back to Lake Louise again. You know I have the same phot from that vantage point! :)

Trinh said...

Beautiful cards & photos, Virginia! Would love to see those mountains in person one day.

alexandra s.m. said...

First of all you look absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
Hats suit you!
The second picture makes me think of your adorable baby pictures!!

Love your cards too by the way ;o)

Alice Wertz said...

such pretty card, V!! love the fab designs, too! thanks for sharing the beautiful photos. ahhh.... it's been a while since i have hiked. =) hope you are well and hope you have a lovely week, my friend! =)

Lindsey said...

Both these cards are great, Virginia! I can't believe you made the second so quickly -- it takes me that long to get an idea to the starting line! :P Thanks for sharing those over the hill pics, too. :D (That's some BIG hills!)

Lindsay said...

Fantastic creations Virginia! LOVE both of these!

Maureen Morton said...

These cards rock! Great way to feature a gift card and the "quickie" card is adorable. The pix are so stunning (the mountains, not the old lady - ha!)

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

virginia, your cards are just as amazing as you are.