Tuesday, December 20, 2011

NEW Stamp!

 I have this new 2012 Hero Arts stamp set called Friends-You Are The Best. It is likely the most detailed and ornate stamp that I have ever seen. When you stamp the image, you instantly feel like you have created a MASTERPIECE! That is, to me, is the magic of stamping! 
 Not sure if you know...that I was involved in making cards with the newly released 2012 stamps for Hero Arts store boards. My next post is all about that "secret mission" (as my family dubs it). "Did you know...." feature is up next. 

But first, I will share the card that I made with this lovely image with the two classic male and female figures dressed in haute cultur in the 16-17 Century.  They are very ornate, detailed and elaborate. I must admit that it is somewhat a challenge to work with such a fancy stamp. BUT to make the stamp fit into that time period, I found that Mustard Yellow and dark brown make the perfect compliment for that design. 
DSC_0015
So....do you like it? If you are intrigued by this stamp design, then you MUST come back for more....just saying :)

22 comments:

Barb said...

I remember in a discussion thread over on Flickr, you said you loved this stamp set - I'm so glad you bought it, V! This is beautiful! LOVE the colors!

Can't wait to see your "secret mission" post! :)

Simone said...

Virginia this is absolutely gorgeous! Love the warm colours on this stunning card! And way to go on your secret mission! Can't wait to see the post!

Donna Bowman said...

Love how you used your new stamp Virginia! The color combo is striking!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Wow, this is one gorgeous stamp and card you've created! I haven't seen this stamp set yet. I'm always intrigued. :)
Thanks for your sweet comment. I'm so glad you liked the mail!

Amish Stories said...

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone. I'm just stopping by random blogs today and checking them out. Also wishing you folk's a healthy and happy new years. Richard from an Amish community in Pennsylvania.

pcm said...

what an honor! I can't wait to hear more!

cnelson said...

This is just GORGEOUS!

Annette said...

you did an amazing job with this stamp. I love that you embossed it.. Beautiful card.

Creations by Shirl said...

What a rich looking texture to your card. great image too!

BabyBokChoy said...

Wow, what an amazingly well stamped card!!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Yes - you're right - such intricate details. Thanks for your lovely comments on my guest post. You're so kind.

Chunyuan said...

Gorgeous. Love the amazing details of that stamp. brown and yellow is a great color combo.

Romaine said...

Lovely, Virginia! The detail is fabulous. I am kinda glad that you embossed; with copics being all the rage and me not that interested in colouring....looking forward to seeing MORE!

Charlene said...

Beautiful stamp and card Virginia!!!

MarcyK924 said...

How elegant V!! So beautifully embossed and the colors are so vintagey!

Janetcraft said...

I like this stamp, feel like wanna get it..but unsure..
the way you embossed it , really thrills me to get it

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! Gorgeous, Virginia--love all the details and embossing--you rock!!! LOVE visiting here!

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful simple design and love the warm colors. can't wait to see your work for the secret mission!!! =)

alexandra s.m. said...

This is so elegant my Friend!
TFS~

Dawn said...

such an elegant card Virginia. This set is very elaborate

Elizabeth Allan said...

Love the "days long ago" feel this design has Virginia!

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

yip, one elegant masterpiece!