Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Published Sketch Card by Paper Crafts

I never think sketch is my forte. But what do you know!? My submission for the sketch to Jan/Feb 2012 issue in Paper Crafts made the cut! This is my 2nd pub and it felt ....absolutely fabulous! Some cards you worked so hard for it--in terms of design, colors, composition, but this one? It was my last minute submission to the call. I made it the day of deadline and...just went with it. You can find this card on P. 27 and I share the the sketch with my page buddy Jocelyn Olson
and here is Jocelyn's digital version of the same sketch
 get well soon
Card stock: Bazzill Basic Paper
Pattern paper: Basic Grey (Out of Print)
Stamps: Hero Arts (Antique Engravings), Envelope Pattern
Inks: Adirondack (Espresso) by Ranger, Hero Arts Shadow Ink (Soft Sand)
SRM Stickers (Thinking of you), gemstones (Hero Arts), 3D –Dots (1/8”) by EK success

1. Make card from card stock
2. Stamp Envelop Pattern in shadow ink onto white card stock
3. Stamp butterfly on Basic Grey paper and cut out 2 butterflies
4. Cut strips of paper from Basic Grey and adhere
5. Pop dot the butterflies, add gems stones and sentiment


 Thank you all once again for the birthday wishes. It truly was most memorable thanks to your support and love. The 2nd prize winner Donna M. from my party favor giveaway graciously offered to give away HER prize (how sweet is Donna!)! So the random. org picked #41 Kerry

Congrats, Kerry! Please e-mail me your postal address, so I can send the goodies out to you! Thanks so much for stopping by.

edited note: this issue is going on sale on Dec. 13 (details here )! I have two pages in this issue (the other one is live, love and laugh ) and there is even a photo of me (squeal! Someone, pinch me please!)

33 comments:

CanadianScraps43 said...

Beautiful card Virginia. Love this card so much very elegant. Love the CAS style. Congrats on your being published again. Hugs.

BabyBokChoy said...

well designed indeed and huge congrats again!!!!

MarcyK924 said...

This is one gorgeous card! So deserving of being published! This would certainly cheer ME up!

jintyoo7 said...

Not surprised this was picked for publication, Virgina - love the butterflies and matching stripes :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

I LOVE this card! The colors are to die for on that butterfly!
Lisa

Chunyuan said...

congrats on the second publication. Very beautiful card.

Lynn said...

This is so gorgeous! I love the touch of gems that you added!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this card and congrats girlie on the pub....well deserved!!!!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

love your card! Congrats! I will be looking for it!

Arlene said...

I love those butterflies. Great take on that sketch too.

Kathy Martin said...

How funny...I was just sitting down to this magazine and noticed this awesome card! You go girl! Very well deserved! :)

Nona said...

Love your card and the paper-pieced butterflies, Virginia! I really need to buy me a copy of this mag. A huge congrats on your newest publication! :)

Trinh said...

Woo hoo, Virginia! Your card is gorgeous - love the use of patterned paper for the butterflies.

Simone said...

Yay! Huge congrats on your second pub Virginia! That is such great news! Your card is stunning :)

Barb said...

I love this card - those butterflies are so gorgeous and it was such fun seeing it Paper Crafts! Congrats again, Virginia! Hugs! :)

Hussena said...

This is so Gorgeous..Those Butterflies are Breathtaking..Love your card ..Congrats on being Published:)

Dawn said...

congrats Virginia. It certainly is a beautiful card... well worth being published.

onecraftymama said...

What a fabulous way to showcase these pretty (but soooo busy) patterned papers, Virginia! Love it :)

Donna Bowman said...

Beautiful card Viriginia -love the butterflies! Congrats on the pub!!

cnelson said...

Congrats on the pub Virginia!! Well done!!!

Dotty Jo said...

How lovely - great work yet again Virginia, Jo x

Elizabeth Allan said...

Congratulations Virginia! So happy to hear this gorgeous beauty is being published!

Anne said...

Another gorgeous creation again Virginia- big congrats on getting published- you so deserve it with your talent!

Janetcraft said...

your works are awesome..congrats for having published...do share for many many more and more...

Rachel W K said...

well excuse my language here, V, but this is just damn gorgeous! not at all surprise it's published! congrats on the second one, i know they'll keep on comin ;)

Tiffany said...

Beautiful! You really made the butterflies come to life!

alexandra s.m. said...

I love this card Virginia!
CONGRATS to you Girlfriend!!

xox

Clare said...

LOVE LOVE your pubbed card, Virginia!! The colors and the design are FANtastic and I love the tape!!
BIG congrats on the pub again!! :)

Lindsey said...

Love both these cards! Congrats, Virginia -- so well-deserved.

Linda R. said...

Congrats to you!!! That is so cool that you were published.. I think I would faint if I were ever published.. Your card is beautiful.

Hugs, Linda

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

I loved your card in the mag!!! Fabulously done, even if it was last minute!

sheila said...

Congratulations Virginia! Your card is beautiful and those butterflies are amazing.

Alice Wertz said...

absolutely LOVE your card, V!! so very beautiful. big big congrats again!