Wednesday, December 28, 2011

True Friend

Dear all. Just taking a "break" from the aftermath of traveling during the holiday and popping in to say hi with a card. I hope you are not tired of this set that I used so often from this post (here and here).
True friend
Again, I embossed the image with ZING! (Mustard Seed) and then distressed it with Fire Brick, Barn door and Frayed Burlap (for edges). I finished the card with a ribbon (kindly made and sent to me by Donna M.). I love how the bow compliments the design. And then I added some subtle stamping, sentiment and pearls. That's it! 

What's your New Year's Eve plan? My family have a tradition of getting together with our close friends. This year is MY turn to host. I got to think of the menu for the New Year's Eve Feast--FAST! Ciao!

17 comments:

Barb said...

Sounds like a fun time for New Years, V! I'll bet the food you serve will be awesome! Love your pretty card! Hugs! :)

Dawn said...

it is a beautiful stamp Virginia and you have made a great card with it. Enjoy New Years Eve with your friends.

Nona said...

Such a beautiful card, Virginia! Love the inking you've done on the stamped panel. We do the same for NYE, but I'm not sure who is hosting this year.

Have a wonderful week :)

Tina said...

Not tired at all. The card is simply marvelous and so classy.

Isha said...

Gorgeous card Virginia. Love the yellow ep too. I am sure your Feast will be a yummy treat:)

Maureen Morton said...

Sick of it? I love how you have used this cool vintage set! This bow is so amazing, too! Thanks for introducing me to SRM - what fun! Have a great (& delicious) New Year! We will be cracking crab.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Beautiful card Virginia! Good luck on planning your menu!

BabyBokChoy said...

This is so absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Rosanne said...

Gorgeous card!

Trinh said...

Beautiful and elegant design!

Linda R. said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the Mustard seed embossing.. Looks great!!
Hope you have a happy new years..
We are just staying home and Vegging this year!!

Hugs, Linda

Barb said...

wow...this is stunning. i adore this!

Tiffany said...

Wow! These colors are so bold and majestic looking! Really love the ribbon!

Karen from MI said...

What a STUNNING card, Virginia!! Your bow is AMAZING, too!! Love the elegance and that has been achieved with your keen eye for color and design choices!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card, Virginia. Thanks for the inspiration, Virginia. :)

cnelson said...

JUST STUNNING!!! LOVE the colors!!!

Lindsay said...

GOR-GEOUS card Virginia! Love those colors!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! Virginia this is GORGEOUS! I love the mustard embossing--and I LOVE your inking! FAB! Happy NEW Year!! We are also hanging out with friends--but going to bed early since I have to sing the next day:)