Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cards with Bird, Butterflies and Flowers

Thanks to  CREATE Blog challenge, I made a card with BIRDS! Can't. stop.making .cards. with Newsprint. Bird! Trust me, there are more to come!
The challenge called for 3 flowers, 2 butterflies and 1 bird. I purposely made this card fairly flat for easy mailing. The oval brown diecut was recycled from the tax envelope. I used the same paper to make the butterflies with the Martha Stewart Butterfly punch. I stamped the bird onto Hero Art's Eggshell card stock and adhere directly on top.
Just Saying Hello
 Lastly, here is my Scramble challenge card over last weekend. The theme was to use pattern paper.
God Bless You
Please click on the photo and you can read all the descriptions about this card over Flicker. If you like seeing more Hero Arts cards, then you MUST stop by this Thursday....it's going to be SUPER FUN!

16 comments:

Lindsay said...

I say, why stop a good thing?! And that bird stamp is certainly a good thing! LOVE your cards Virginia, they are so happy and fun!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia the ink is flying off your fingers in ultra high mojo! Your designs are fabulous!

Brenda said...

I always love the colours you choose Virginia! They wake me up and make me believe that each day is a sunny day! Love how you used the newsprint bird!

Barb said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying the Newsprint Bird - your cards with it have been so fun! Wonderful the way you've framed it on this one! Love your scramble card too, my friend! Hugs! :)

Creations by Shirl said...

love that newsprint birdie card...just so so cute and so is your other card....
Have an awesome day~

Deirdre said...

Beautiful Virginia.

cnelson said...

These are so pretty!

Annette said...

these are so pretty...Love that beautiful bird stamp and fun butterflies...and how cute is that fun border around the butterfly...so pretty..

Lindsey said...

Recycling a tax envelope... too funny! But you used it to great effect, Virginia! I really like all the new HA newsprint images, too. Great cards today!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! Both of these cards are amazing--but that butterfly card is my FAV! Great colors and the details on that butterfly are OUT OF THIS WORLD:) LOOOOOOVE!

Linda R. said...

I can see why you love that bird stamp. I love it also.. And I also think your butterfly is beautiful my friend....

Hugs, Linda

Joy said...

Great takes on the Challenges Virginia, really love the butterfly one, beautiful! Hugs!

Dawn said...

what a great card Virginia. Love the bird. Can't wait to see more of it.

Simone said...

These are both beautiful Virginia! LOVE that cute bird.

Kathy Martin said...

Lovely cards! That butterfly is gorgeous! :)

cardsbymo said...

The bejeweled butterfly is so pretty!