Monday, January 2, 2012

Caring Thoughts

How is 2012 for you so far? As we are in the midst of winter now, I thought it will be appropriate to share a wintery card. This card was originally created for Paper Crafts Submission call (Winter Blue) and was a "reject"! So here I am, recycling it, sharing with you today. I am entering this for  Simon Says Stamps (anything Goes Challenge). There are still two days left to enter (hint, hint)!!
Caring thoughts
 Recollections (white and kraft  card stock), Navy Blue ( Bazzill, Bahamas), Hero Arts (Tree of The Season, Raindrop Background), Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Weathered Wood, Faded Jeans), Hero Hue ribbons, Recollections Gems, SRM Press (Wishing You Well)


1. Trim white card stock to 5 ½ x 4, one white square (2”x2”) and one navy blue square (2”x2”)

2. Swipe the winter stamp over Weathered Wood ink for the top part, then the Faded Jeans for the bottom part.  Then stamp on to white card stock. Trim the image.

3. Stamp the Raindrop background onto the top half of the white card stock with Faded Jeans

4. Adhere the stamped tree to White square and layered it over the Navy Blue square.

5. Place and glue the ribbons in between the white and dotted background. Add Sticker sentiment over the ribbons.

6. Place the string of small gems along the ribbon. Add Stickles to the image and around the squares.


I love the white space in this card. Do you? I am trying to keep up with my 30 min. a day of exercise....and..so far so good! Only 364 days to go (LOL)! I run and bike in my little home gym and may try to mix in a little aerobics! I will keep you posted ;)

24 comments:

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love the white space! Great card! Happy 2012, my friend!!

Barb said...

I not only love the white space, I love everything about it! Beautiful, wintery card, V! Good luck with the exercise - YOU CAN DO IT!! :)

sheila said...

Oh Virginia, This card is stunning....stunning in a quiet, frosty way. I can see a scene like this, in colors like this occur outside of my window in the wintertime. Lovely use of white space. And, good for you with excercising! One day at a time right?
p.s. I am so glad that the birthday card finally arrived. When I took it to the post office in my town the address had already been filled out and thepostmaster said that all letters were to have been capitalized otherwise Canada doesn't always deliver? Does that sound correct to you?

Tina said...

Can`t believe this card is a reject... such things makes my spirit ,to make cards for the submission calls really, get down!

Annette said...

very pretty...love the blue with the Kraft base. I really love how you used the SRM stickers on the ribbon...very pretty...

BabyBokChoy said...

The colors are fantastic! wonderful card!

CinnamonSally said...

Stunning card Viginia, can't believe that papercarfts rejected it!!

Rachel W K said...

love that stamp! this is a great card. congrats on the exercise goal so far!!

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

donna mikasa said...

So pretty, Virginia! Love the serene blues! Think of me when you're pedaling on your bike--I'm right there with you! Here's to a healthy and creative new year!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

So very pretty and you're right the white space is perfect for this card, sometimes I find that people get so consumed with filling things up, that they forget that simple can be just as pretty! Thanks!
Lisa

Angi said...

Love the winter white and blue. Happy New Year!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Donna Bowman said...

So pretty Virginia! I really love the white tree and how you did the background on it.

Lindsay said...

This is lovely Donna! All of that blue. So fabulous!

Dawn said...

Keep up the exercise Virginia.... well done. I think this card is stunning. How could they "reject" this!!!!

Karen B. said...

So very beautiful, what a wonderful use of the blue.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE the blue hues that you have on this card--I LOVE the gem line too! I can't believe they rejected this! LOVE it:)

Alice Wertz said...

this is so pretty, V!! i do love the white space in it. fab work as always, my friend! Happy New Year to you and yours!! big hugs! =)

Lindsey said...

This is such a beautiful, wintry, peaceful card, Virginia!
Happy New Year!

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Virginia, the white space looks really striking with the blue.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our anything goes challenge.
Happy New Year
hugs Mandy xx

Cathy Fong said...

Beautiful card :) love the blue hues

Marlena M. said...

Oh, this is NOT A REJECT....it's perfect! I love the blue hues. ;)

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

such a pretty blue card and i do love all the white space. just too perfect.

Elizabeth Allan said...

This is stunning in wintery blues Virginia. Wonderful contrast with the white cardstock!