How is 2012 for you so far? As we are in the midst of winter now, I thought it will be appropriate to share a wintery card. This card was originally created for Paper Crafts Submission call (Winter Blue) and was a "reject"! So here I am, recycling it, sharing with you today. I am entering this for Simon Says Stamps (anything Goes Challenge). There are still two days left to enter (hint, hint)!!
Recollections (white and kraft card stock), Navy Blue ( Bazzill, Bahamas), Hero Arts (Tree of The Season, Raindrop Background), Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Weathered Wood, Faded Jeans), Hero Hue ribbons, Recollections Gems, SRM Press (Wishing You Well)
1. Trim white card stock to 5 ½ x 4, one white square (2”x2”) and one navy blue square (2”x2”)
2. Swipe the winter stamp over Weathered Wood ink for the top part, then the Faded Jeans for the bottom part. Then stamp on to white card stock. Trim the image.
3. Stamp the Raindrop background onto the top half of the white card stock with Faded Jeans
4. Adhere the stamped tree to White square and layered it over the Navy Blue square.
5. Place and glue the ribbons in between the white and dotted background. Add Sticker sentiment over the ribbons.
6. Place the string of small gems along the ribbon. Add Stickles to the image and around the squares.
I love the white space in this card. Do you? I am trying to keep up with my 30 min. a day of exercise....and..so far so good! Only 364 days to go (LOL)! I run and bike in my little home gym and may try to mix in a little aerobics! I will keep you posted ;)