Monday, January 30, 2012

LESSology Guest Design (Challenge #10)

It is my absolutely pleasure to share my guest design work with you today. Back at the end of December, I was so excited when Yvonne over LESSology invited me to guest design for the Jan. Theme Floral Delight. Well, that time is here!

If you don't know much LESSology, you will love it once you know what this challenge blog is all about. This ingenious logo says it all. I love love these two girls and their work! 
That's right, it's about upcycling and altered art! As you may know, I love upcycling and this gives me the extra push to expand my horizon! The Challenge #10 Floral Delight sounds like FUN, huh? Fabric blooms? Paper flowers?  You can make any floral cards/projects with your spectacular floral creations! Here is my take...
sending you love
Can you guess what's the material that I used for the flower?
close-up
I used Godiva Chocolate Candy wrap for this card. The stem and leaves were stamped and the bottom part of the card was dry embossed. Since the candy wrap is very strong and pliable, it was easy to turn it into a flower. I merely cut the top part into strips! Love the effect that it gives!  Next is a photo of the supplies that I used.
supplies
Instructions:
1. Emboss flower over a piece of card board in Martha Stewart Red Embossing Powder and then cut out carefully. (note: choose a simple shape flower for easy cutting)
2. Light stamped background in Distress Ink (Scattered Straw) and then apply flower to card stock with thin strip of double-sided tape
3. Punch out small flower and roll the ric rac for the flower center.
4. Apply Glossy Accent to secure the flower.
5. Apply SRM Sticker over Hero Arts Grenadine layering paper and make a banner
6. Apply white and yellow Dimensional Glue to the flowers for interest
thank you
Here is the close up
So what do you think? Join the fun with me over LESSology! I bet you will come up with ideas that will amaze you!

Lastly, I thought these two cards are perfect for the Moxie Fab World's Around The House Challenge. Sure, why not!?

25 comments:

yyam said...

So glad to have you guesting with us for this challenge Virginia!

These are just fabulous projects. That cardboard bloom is gorgeous and I've been saving those candy wrappers...lol

PiecesByEmily said...

oh my i LOVE your flower card with Godiva wrapper. So delicious :). Beautiful cards, Virginia!!

Barb said...

Well, you came up with two ideas that amaze ME! I know I use this word all the time with you, but these cards are so clever, V! Fabulous creativity, my friend! Love them both! :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

You are EVERYWHERE, Virginia! You rock! I LOVE this challenge--and I LOVE your creations that you've made!! LOVE that first card--that flower is simply beautiful!

Tammy said...

Two great floral cards. Congrats on all your design work lately!!

Brenda said...

These are fantastic Virginia! Love your up cycling!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Absolutely wonderful creative uses for goodies around the house. I never knew cardboard could look so good!

cnelson said...

Pure loveliness! ! FAB upcycling!!

Lindsay said...

These are fabulous Virginia! I LOVE them both!

Tiffany said...

Love the yummy chocolate wrap, Virginia! Congrats on your design spot with this challenge site! Enjoy!

Angi said...

Your cards are FABULOUS Virginia. I love how you used the Godiva chocolate wrapper. That is so clever & crafty. We are sooo honored to have you share your talents with us at Lessology. :)

sheila said...

two really super cards Virginia.....you are always so creative!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - had no idea that first flower was Godiva wrapper! Great job upcycling, Virginia!!

chrystinanoel.com said...

I love each of these cards so much! I totally guessed candy wrapper, but never would have thought to use it. And I absolutely love the use of the cardboard. I've got a lot of pieces laying around that I should start using. Have a great day!!

Karen B. said...

Congratulations on your GDT! These flowers are downright gorgeous!

Karen L said...

WOW!! I just had to comment on this post because I am so amazed at how awesome your flowers are...and LOVE that tip about using the stamp leftovers to make another stamp image.
Speaking of candy wrappers, I have a whole baggie full of them because they seem just too pretty to throw away. Now I'm inspired to make flowers out of those glimmery pieces!

Rachel W K said...

so amazing! love the godiva chocolate flower! my guess was tin foil but then realized 'who the heck makes gold tin foil'. Amazing upcycled cards!

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Lindsey said...

More deserved recognition! Both these cards are fabulous, Virginia. (I may have to draw the line at saving wrappers though -- I already save so much stuff! :D)

Annette said...

wow these are so amazing...congrats on being the guest designer...this is awesome..

Piali said...

Congrats Virginia!! Love them both.... Godiva wrapper???..thats clever!!

alexandra s.m. said...

BRAVO Virginia!
You are so inspiring!!
I love these cards of yours and want to play too!
Thank You so much Sweetie!!

Simone said...

These are absolutely gorgeous Virginia! Love how you used the Godiva wrapper! Sooo creative!

Eve said...

what a fun card you created, with the chocolate wrapper! :-) Very Nice! :-)I also luv the second card with lots of liquid pearls! Very Pretty! :-)

Cindy C. said...

Virginia you've left me in awe with these two extremely lovely cards!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are GORGEOUS!!! Beautiful flowers!! Thanks so much for being our guest this month!! :):):):):):):):):):):)