Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Punches Challenge--and a Winner!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for leaving me wonderful, heartfelt and sweet comments during the Hero Arts Hostess Blog Hop . I really appreciate that you took the time and give me your feedback. I am also surprised that everyone has such different favorites with my 4 card designs. In a way, I am even more delighted as there are no BAD cards since the vote counts are not that far off! I re-read all the comments and here is the most favored card:
No. 1: Spring Dream--86 votes
No. 2: True Friend (Blue/Pink Bird)--61 votes
"no strong opinion/love them all": 95 votes

So there you have it! Without further ado, I now announce the winner of this cling stamp giveaway.
 The random.org chose....(drum roll please!!)
 Sorry for not being able to show the Random.org. widget here.
(out of 347 comments) the winning no. is 224
pcm said...
oh virginia, i'm having a hard time picking between #2 and #4....
Congrats! Please e-mail me your postal address, and this stamp will be on its way to your happy craft desk!

Lastly, I will share a card that I made with circle stamp and a circle punch.
thnaks so much
I will enter this for the The Punches Challenge over the Moxie Fab World.  I used the back of some circle stamps that I have and made these patterns. The little punched out circles really enhance the design. I also embossed the small circles at the bottom and added some gems.  The sentiment is from SRM stickers. Thanks so much for stopping by!  

32 comments:

pcm said...

EEE! So excited that you picked me! Thanks!

Anni said...

Wow, what a great card! Wonderful!

Lynn said...

Your punch card is so cool. I love the embossing you did to highlight the circles!

Colleen Dietrich said...

You always think outside the box, Virginia! I love these happy circles.

joy said...

Congrats to pcm!!!

Love your innovative circle card using stamps and a punch! A very happy card - I don't use these colors very often, but you make them glow!

Barb said...

love it!!! phenomenal design! congrats to the winner...you're right although i wonder...how could ANY of your cards have been 'bad'? :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH! I love this card too! I LOVE those circles with the half circles on top of them--and the gems...LOVE LOVE LOVE! Again--blown away!

suszu said...

Sucha bright and happy card, the circles look awesome

Cindy C. said...

Stunning card! Love all the elements! Especially the embossed pattern on the bottom.

Clare said...

So fun, Virginia! Love the fun and cheery colors, and the embossed border is so neat! I LOVE using my circle punch - it's one of my favorite tools! :)

Karen B. said...

Love the modern look of your card.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love the circle design! So fresh looking! Congrats to the winner!

Barb said...

Love this fun and graphic card, V! Good luck in the challenge! And I think the winner of the stamp set is Pai, from the Flickr group! Congrats to her! :)

MarcyK924 said...

Ooo - I LOVE this fun card! So cool and graphic! Also, thanks for sharing the voting results! I think I was in the winning group! :)

Congrats to Pai for winning the stamp! So awesome of you, V!! XOXO

Tiffany said...

Very fun card! I always love circular elements on a card! Love the bright yellow! It warms me up as it is so cold here now!! Congrats to the winner!

Arlene said...

Great color combo - love it! It says, I'm thinking SPRING - all giggly like. :)

Tammy said...

Very graphic and modern! So great!

Tammy said...

Very graphic and modern! So great!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Love the use of a circle punch! I just went on a hop recently about cool tools and it was all about punches, I must get my circle punch busy again!
Lisa

Katy said...

Awesome card!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this awesome card dearie!!!

Dawn said...

Delightful card Virginia. Your colour choice is wonderful. Love the little embossed edge as well

chrystinanoel.com said...

I love the circles combined with the straight edge!!

Simone said...

Such a gorgeous card! LOVE what you did with the circles. Such a fun and unique idea :)

cardcreationsnz said...

Lovely card. A very clever way with the circles.

Lindsay said...

Oh what a fantastic card Virginia! I just adore yellow and I love this layout too! Fun!

sheila said...

such a fun and cute card! I love the citrusy pop!

Vicky said...

What a design!!! I really stragle with C&S cards but you rock them girl! Love everything about this, the circles, the bright colors, the gems, the whole design! Thanks for inspiring me each and every time I visit your blog!

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

Love! This is a fabulous design... I might just HAVE to case it.

Angi said...

You are sooo creative Virginia. Love the color. :)

Emily Leiphart said...

FABulous card, Virginia! I love the sunny colours on white and your original use of punches.

Maria and Simeon said...

WOW!!!! This is awesome. I love these sunny yellow and pale green circles! And the jems are really cute. LOve it!
Hugs
- Maria