Saturday, January 7, 2012

Purse Card with Twines (and Scraps)!

Have you ever come up with a silly small idea and then it turn into a not-so-bad idea? Well, that sort of happened to me the other day. I was gathering my diecut scraps with the Circled Scalloped Borders. There were SO many of them and it seem to be a waste to toss them away. So I thought :"what can I do with them?" DING! So it all started with this circle....
Then it slowly evolved into this....
I simply layered the scalloped borders and ran them through with the circle Spellbinders! 
life is good
The border at the bottom and tag are from Basic Grey's indie bloom Collection. They are strips of stickers and I also used SRM Sticker for the sentiment! The stamp is from Hero Art's Sweet Thread Thank You . The bold and striking pattern seems to be perfect for this design. I also glued the twines for the handle and I added the twines (from The Twinery) for the label!  I am entering this card for Ribbon Carousel Challenge #34  (Anything Goes). You should check out that challenge if you haven't! The DT rocks!

Isn't crafting FUN? I love that when a small idea turning into a FUN idea!

In case you are wondering if I am still doing my share of 30 min. of exercise a day routine as my 2012 resolution....well, guess what!!? I had lost 3 lbs!! Not bad for a week's work! Yay, go me!
 
Dr. John: "At this rate, you can beat the BIGGEST Loser on TV!"
Virginia: "ha-ha-haha (sarcastically)---not funny!" 

25 comments:

diana said...

Fun card! And thanks for the chuckle - from "What is Dr John thinking?". ;-)

Piali said...

Beautiful card!!! Congrats on loosing 3lbs...I've few lbs extra on me, I better get started!

Annette said...

what a fun shaped card...Very creative Virginia...

Dawn said...

great idea Virginia. Very clever card. Laughed at Dr John's comments... but well done you!

Cris said...

What a fun card! And what a great way to use your scraps! Love it!

cheiron said...

What a cute card! Congrats on your 3 lb loss too!

Lin said...

Love how this card came about! And good for you for keeping up with your exercise program!

Christina said...

Wow--how cool! This is such a clever design. And way to go with your exercise resolution! I should definitely do the same!

Lindsay said...

Sooo fun Virginia! I LOVE those scallops!

MarcyK924 said...

Awesome evolution of this card! You need to go into fashion design! Kudos on your 3 pounds, V!! You are such a motivator. I may dust off my sneakers today???

Can Dr. John get any more adorable?!
You guys are a HOOT!! I love a good giggle for the day! Hugs to both of you!! XOXO

Creations by Shirl said...

What a clever purse card and go get'um with losing those extra pounds too!

Rachel W K said...

fabulous card, i love what you created with the scraps!

cnelson said...

Absolutely FABULOUS! ! You are so talented and clever!

Lindsey said...

And that, sigh, is why we never throw anything out! :P Worth it, though, when scraps turn into a great project like this. Fun purse card!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Your purse card is so cute and clever! Yay, 3 lbs! Dr. John, not so funny. lol! :)

BabyBokChoy said...

Your card is ADORABLE and congrats on 3 bls, boy, that means in just a few weeks, you'll be down to 84 lbs!!!!!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Way to go Virginia!
Love that basket ;-)

sheila said...

your purse card is adorable. really clever Virginia and congrats too on the weight loss. So far you are having a great 2012!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOL--Dr. John is sooooooo funny (well, not really. Men should never say things about our weight....but I can see him saying this so that is why I laughed!).

LOOOOOOVE your purse card--so pretty! LOVE that yellow and the pink border--FAB!

Emily Leiphart said...

First of all, I don't believe you need to lose any weight but way to go and that is too funny what Dr. John said. :P Your purse card is stunning!! I love everything about it.

Linda R. said...

That is so creative.. You clever girl you!! I love it!!

Hugs, Linda

Glenda J said...

So clever and creative! Great work. Thanks for playing along with the Ribbon Carousel Challenge!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Fabulous card and goal Virginia!

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

Brilliant. You are so amazing!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Neat purse! wow.
And congrats on losing 3 pounds! I too have begun to exercise...something different for me. I need to do this. Good luck with your fitness plan, Virginia!