Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Card with Ribbon Tabs

Today's card was prompted by the CREATE Blog Challenge (ribbon tabs). I find that I don't use ribbons enough since tying ribbons is really not my forte. BUT ribbon tabs? I think I can handle that!! 
hello sunshine
 I had this stamp Farmer's Market for a while now. This rooster image made the first debut in my blog! As you can see, I used the stamp-kissing technique with the Envelope Pattern. That way it makes the image more interesting. The sentiment is from SRM Stickers. I love how the ribbon tabs add the pizazz to this card!  AND.....Did you know that I ALSO submit this card for the last Stamp It publication call? Well, it's another reject!! I still like it a lot. And thank you for the wonderful comments about my previous post about DT/submissions. I really appreciate your encouraging and heartfelt comments.

Next week I am taking a small blog break. I have been blogging feverishly since the start of the New Year. Dr. John jokingly said that I am tiring my followers out! He sure HAS a point! However, there will be CAS-ual Fridays and Lily Pad posts coming up, so please stay tuned!

21 comments:

Karin (PeppermintPatty) said...

This is FABULOUS Virginia! LOVE the envelope pattern for the rooster and those ribbon tabs are just the perfect finish!
Have a great day, hugs, Karin

Marlena M. said...

Well, HELLO SUNSHINE! What a fun card to eyeball on a dreary day here in PA. Love it, Virginia. ;)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your rooster, Virginia! And the envelope pattern adds the perfect texture! Fun ribbon tabs too!!

MarcyK924 said...

THIS was a reject??!! NO WAY!! This is aweseom!! ILOVE ribbon tabs - but I am an admitted ribbon-a-holic. The colors are perfect and I love how you used the kissing technique! Please tell Dr. John, we will NEVER get tired of your posts and besides, if it makes you happy....a happy wife, a happy life, LOL!!! Hugs XO

Tiffany said...

Wonderful assortment of colors on your ribbon tags! And good for you for taking a blog break! We all need to get a way and rejuvenate a little. Enjoy!

Valentina said...

so cute!! I love the ribbons. your card, as usual, is nice, bright,brilliant!

valentina

Venus said...

Hello Virginia!

What's the stamp-kissing technique? It's the first time I've heard of the term. You really make inspiring projects!!!
Thank you for visitng my blog.

Hugs,
Venus
http://craftersreference.blogspot.com/

Chris and Paige Evans said...

This is so stinkin' cute! I love the colors!

Cathy said...

love this! so cute!

papertrails leaver said...

Love the rooster! The tabs are so cool at the top and bottom! Congrats on the CARDS feature! :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card Virginia!!
Thank You~

Karen from MI said...

Never tiring ME out, Virginia! I LOVE what you create AND share on the home front! What a DARLING card! I still can't get over how you can design FANTASTIC cards, one after another!!! Love, Karen xo

Nina said...

I enjoy everyone of your post, Virginia! :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Great idea - love the ribbon fringe!

Emily Leiphart said...

Stunning! I love how you kissed the rooster. I want those stamps. ;)

Dawn said...

fabulous card Virginia. Looking awesome with all that wonderful ribbon

Linda R said...

I just love the way you used your ribbon.. This is such a cute card. I love it...

Hugs, Linda

Lisa Arana said...

I loved this one on the create blog. All those yummy ribbon colors and seriously love that rooster!

Alice Wertz said...

love love the yummy ribbons you used int his. very pretty card, V!!

Lisa Petrella said...

LOVE that rooster and the super fun ribbon tabs!! GORGEOUS color combo!!!!

chrystinanoel.com said...

What an awesome use of ribbon!