Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Die Cutting Challenge

When I first stumble back into card-making in the fall of 2009, the biggest purchase was a Cuttlebug. Once I had that machine, I felt---INVINCIBLE! That is still true to this day! Although there are many more fancy die cut machines that came to the market since, the little good old "bug" is still alive and kicking and running.

Today is my chance to pay homage to that little wonderful machine. I am sharing a card that I made with diecut/stamp from Hero Arts. I am entering this card for Moxie Fab World's Die-Cutting Challenge ( my last one was the little umbrella card ) and Hero Arts Challenge (see here )
merci
With the butterfly diecut, the design can not get any more simple! I thoroughly enjoyed making this card and felt that I had achieved something "major"!! It's all because of the little machine that could!

Card stock: Bazzill Basics, white (Recollections), Grenadine Layering Paper by Hero Arts
Pattern paper: senora from indie bloom Collection from Basic Grey
Stamp: Butterfly from Antique Engraving by Hero Arts-Sizzix
Ink: Distress Ink (Vintage Photo) by Ranger
Accents: SRM Press (sentiment), pearls (Hero Arts), Liquid Pearls Dimensional Paint (Platinum Pearl, Buttercup), Stickles by Rangers, 3 D-dots (E K Success)

I am happy to report that a card of mine got picked up from the Stamp It (Paper Crafts) submissions. It was a last-minute card that I made on the last day of submission!! So...that just tells you that you never know what Paper Crafts is looking for. ANY card has a fair chance to be picked!  I am sharing this A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes (video) with you ( which I posted in Paper Crafts Facebook upon getting the good news).  This was how I felt when I received the happy acceptance e-mail from PC ( my other Prince Charming)!! 


This is a SWEET photo that my daughter Stephanie took.
Thought this might make you feel...happy!

31 comments:

Tina said...

Congrats again, Virginia! Look forward to see your card in print. I know what you mean about the little bug, I love him totally! And your card is simply gorgeous!

Chunyuan said...

congrats, Virginia.
And love your card. Your daughter's photoshot is great too! Definitely make me feel happy!

Dawn said...

I too LOVE my 'bug. Your card is delightful. Congrats on getting a card accepted. My March/April edition arrived in my letterbox today... And Stephanie's photo is awesome.

Heather Maria said...

Virginia, big congrats, I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see your card in print! Your card here is gorgeous! Love your design and the sunny colours! The recessed butterfly looks fab! Love Stephanie's yummy photo too!

cardcreationsnz said...

Love your butterfly die cut card. The colours look amazing.

Congratulations on getting a card picked from the Stamp It (Paper Crafts)submissions. I also entered one for the first time. It was a bit last minute and a new experience. At least in future I am a bit more aware of the whole process. I look forward to seeing your card in print!

Levana Sunandar said...

congrats Virgiia, i am so happy to hear that. None know what exactly PC looking for. I love your card, the yellow liquid pearl just match with your paper pattern. great choosing and great design!

cheiron said...

Fabulous card Virginia! Congrats on your PC acceptance too! I also love Stephanie' photo, the little bowl is so cute.

Lin said...

Wonderful post today, little sis! Love your card, and I so agree about the little old C'bug, mine's still chugging along too. Thanks for the video - it's been decades since I've seen that, and what a good way to start my day! We're having a rare dreary, drippy day here this morning.

Rachel W K said...

Congrats on all the accepted cards lately! You are on a roll!!

Annette said...

so pretty...Love that butterfly and the fun glitter and pearl accents...great card..

cnelson said...

What a GORGEOUS card! LOVE my cuttlebug, too, and you have inspired me to use it more. TFS!

CinnamonSally said...

Congratulations Virginia, and I love your pretty butterfly card.

MarcyK924 said...

Wonderful post! I LOVE your gorgeous card! Trying to catch up on your posts. Haven't been well. Congrats sweetie! XO

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Another amazing card--LOVE that butterfly and the details! Congrats on getting picked up!

Lindsey said...

Congrats on your email from that other Prince Charming! ;) Stephanie's pic could easily be one of your Lily Pad inspiration photos. Finally, your butterfly card is stunning! Bad, too, though -- it makes me think I need more Liquid Pearls! :P

AnitaRex said...

What a lovely card Virginia! Love how you used the die cut! :> So pretty! And cute homage to your machine. :> And big congrats on having a card picked up, so happy to be joining you this time!

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks for linking this up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Brenda said...

Congrats on having a card picked up again Virginia! Love your card of today, it uses my all time favorite butterfly!

Christina said...

So happy for you, Virginia! I can't wait to see your card in PC. This one is so fabby--I love the gold and glitter and negative space.

Linda R said...

YEA!! How exciting to be in print my friend. And I love the butterfly card you made here. So pretty.. And yes that photo does make me happy!!!
So glad I stopped by!!

Hugs, Linda

Alice Wertz said...

this is so pretty, V!! love the beautiful colors and design! and again, YAY! for another pub!!! so very happy for you, my friend! =) ahhhh.... LOVE Stephanie's photo. so beautiful! you are a family full of talents! =) hope you have a fabulous weekend, my friend! =)

Kathy (krolski) said...

Wow, this card is beautiful Virginia! I love my CB too. :) Congrats on getting another card published! You're rockin it my friend!

Karen B. said...

This technique looks awesome when paired with patterned paper! Congratulations on your acceptance email too!

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Congrats to you-how exciting!
Just wanted to pop in and thank you for your visit to check out my card.
Hugs

Elizabeth Cooper said...

Congrats on your upcoming publication, Virginia! How exciting!

And what a gorgeous, gorgeous card! I adore the simplicity of it, yet it's certainly not lacking for bling, either. Love it! :-)

Katy said...

This card is soooo pretty!! Congrats on your publication! That is so exciting! :)

Barbara said...

I love your butterfly card and I love my little "bug" too! Just received it for Christmas and use it lots! It's just perfect for me!!!!

Simone said...

Such a gorgeous card!! Congrats on the PC publication!! I'm soo excited I get to be in the same issue as a sweet friend like you! :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Woo hoo!!! That is so exciting! Love this card and all of the pearls! Way to go Mr. Cuttlebug!
Lisa

Nicky Hsu said...

Congrats, Virginia!!
I like your daughter's photo very much. She is a very good photographer and the photo makes feel happy.

Lisa Arana said...

A stunner! That butterfly still shines behind that patterned paper.