Tuesday, February 7, 2012

OLW #77

It's been a while since I played One Layer Wednesday. I made a last minute card to enter the challenge just for the fun of it. Happy Birdie  is the theme. Now I am still in love with this Merriest Christmas Wish stamp and I can't just tuck it away yet.
Here are some photos to show you how I made the card. First I did some masking. You can't beat that FREE Tylenol sticky pad (sourced from Dr. John's office)!
 The new inks from Hero Arts are FABULOUS! If you need some new ones, I highly recommend them!
 The first two tries weren't so good. The edges and inking were not perfect.
 Finally I got a better result on the 3rd try. As for these two not-so-good images, I will punch out a circle or a large square and re-purpose them. So they are definitely NOT a waste!
DSC_0008
Thanks so much for your comments on my umbrella card yesterday. I was overwhelmed by the positive responses and sweet comments. What can I say? You make me want to be a better stamper :)

edited: After I posted this, I realized the sentiment should be for "birthday" for the OLW Challenge!! Ah well...I was too eager to share and forgot that little detail! 

23 comments:

Sheetal Ahlawat said...

Lovely card Virginia. Now I am off to see the 'umbrella' :)

Cindy C. said...

Great one-layer card Virginia!

diana said...

Great card! TFS ;-)

Kathy (krolski) said...

Such a pretty one layer card! I love those new ink colors, gorgeous Virginia!

Annette said...

awesome...thanks for sharing...

Isha said...

Stunning!!!! Which colors are those Virginia??? Love your card.

Jenny said...

I love this stamp and seeing it in two colours only makes it better, what an awesome idea... Love it :0)
Jenny x

Rachel W K said...

you know how much i love what you do with this stamp! even the "bad" ones look great to me!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I like your masking notes, Virginia. ;) I knew right away where they probably came from! LOL

YOur winter card is just the sweetest!

Lin said...

Love how vibrant these colors are, V! Just like a real cardinal in the winter!

Mim said...

Love this!

Donna Bowman said...

I love your creativity with this stamp Virginia - beautiful!!

Barb said...

great card! i love the combined color story. like hearing how you're going to repurpose the first 2 attempts.

papertrails leaver said...

these are truly wonderful! Kudos to you for the fab stamping and color combo!

Lindsey said...

Waste? Crafters like us, we don't waste anything!!! :D But your third card is definitely the charm -- and perfect with the two colours of ink. Just beautiful!

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! I LOVE your card! I'm going to buy that stamp one day, SOON! :) You showcase it very nicely! One layer cards are so DIFFICULT for me to create....you have inspired me and I also like your little, "tutorial". I need that. :) Love, Karen xo

Lisa Arana said...

beautiful stamping. love!

Mynnette said...

LOVE the dual colors--awesome!!! Really beautiful creation!!! :)

Linda R said...

Such a sweet card.. Love that stamp!

Hugs, Linda

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

I love the simplicity of this card and your color choices... and being a mom of two little ones while babysitting two more little ones all I can say is thank god for Tylenol! hehehe!
Lisa

BabyBokChoy said...

this is really really adorable!

Marlena M. said...

I love the way you masked this, Virginia! You can say hello for someone's birthday-I say it's a go. ;)

Cathy Fongjoyo said...

CAS and BEAUTIFUL!!! omg.. this is the best !