Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Scraplifting A Layout

It's been a while since I made a layout. I was prompted by Basic Grey's Blog's "Scraplift This !". See the layout here . I took the sketch and tag idea and ran with it...

These are my daughter's photos taken from last year's trip to Disney World. While we were at the gift shop, she put on the grad hat. At the time, she was going to graduate with a B. Sc. degree from university in 2 months. Stephanie has been a Disney fan all her life, so what's more appropriate to wear a Disney grad hat? She is now in graduate school for her Masters' degree.

Here I used Basic Grey's Indie Bloom paper. I also created a pocket with the Big Ticket to hold the tags. 
DSC_0004
Thanks to my lovely blog friend Alexandra, I was lucky to receive some fabulous office tag from her (thanks, Alexandra!). I stamped the tags and two corners with my brand new stamp Zig Zag.
 While I was posting this, I noticed that the Hero Arts Blog happen to showcase a how-to in making the embellishment flowers (see video ). This set is one of my many new toys! Oh happy days are here!
Originally I was going to add buttons for the flowers, but then I used the twines instead. That way it gives a more cohesive look with the tags.
I used SRM Stickers Everyday Girl for this layout . The stickers really makes the page come together easily! It felt so good to be back at scrapbooking! I shall try to scrapbook more! We are having freezing rain in my part of the world. Perfect day for crafting! YAY for new stamps! 

24 comments:

Cathy A said...

What a fabulous page Virginia, Stephanie certainly seemed to of enjoyed Disney, so great you could capture this. Love your stamp and cut flowers too!

Annette said...

Virginia this page is amazing...and so fun...glad you all had a great time..

Emily Leiphart said...

This is fabulous, Virginia! I LOVE that set and need to get it at my next online checkout. LOL

Elizabeth Allan said...

Your layouts are so fresh and fun Virginia. Your scrapbook must be growing by leaps and bounds!

Chunyuan said...

beautiful CAS layout. Love the embellishments.

Brenda said...

That is a beautiful layout Virginia! I love those smaller little office tags you used! Your daughter looks so funny in a good way!

Kathy (krolski) said...

I have this set and love it too! Your LO rocks!! Stephanie looks too cute and I love how you stamped the tags!

Nancy said...

I love this layout, Virginia! Your daughter looks so joyful and the way you put together the page enhances the joy!

cheiron said...

What a fun layout Virginia-and great photos too!

Donna Bowman said...

Beautiful layout Virginia!! Great pics!!

Lindsey said...

Fabulous layout, Virginia! There's so much to look at, yet lots of clean white space, too. Sweet flower embellishments, too!

Barb said...

Hi V! I love your mix of colors, patterns and stamps! Such a fun and happy page - those pics of Stephanie are sooo CUTE!! :)

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love the page my Friend and thank you for the shout-out! You're so special ;-)

xxx

BabyBokChoy said...

What an adorable page, this is just wonderful! :) Your DD is just WAY WAY too adorable and beautiful, what a goodlooking woman she is!!

chrystinanoel.com said...

My Disney story of the day - I have a friend who woke up this morning (February 29) and decided he wanted to spend the day in Disney World for "one more day of Disney" and so he booked his flight and he's currently in Magic Kingdom. I wish my life worked like this.

Kelly Griglione said...

NEED. that. Zig Zag. Very cool! Nice balance to the page.

Linda R said...

What a great Page, I just love those dies. That photo is so cute!!

Hugs, Linda

Melanie said...

Virginia, this page is amazing! I love love love the lightness of the design yet you have such great details. Those stamp/die cuts are too cool. Love it :)

cnelson said...

What a FUN, FABULOUS, and HAPPY lo! LOVE it!!!

Tiffany said...

You've really made her photos come to life and the fun and exhuberance of the 'Disney' spirit! Love the layered flowers and your use of the zig zag stamp!

Dawn said...

super cute LO Virginia. Love your flowers. Might have to invest in this die/stamp set

Lisa Arana said...

Fabulous job Virginia!

Alice Wertz said...

your girl looks so cute in that hat! such a darling layout, Virginia!