Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine's Day Card!

Just sharing a Valentine's Day card that I made for the CREATE Blog. 
Even though I made a lot of love-related cards lately, there is not one specifically for Valentine's Day.
DSC_0010
Last week I received some new Hero Arts stamps and yummy Basic Grey paper !! It was HEAVEN! One of the new goodies is the pattern paper called Little Black Dress from Basic Grey. Let me tell ya, this collection is sleek and gorgeous....and yes, it's like a little secret weapon! The rich deep dark colors from the paper really sets the tone for this card. So it happens that I can enter this to the Basic Grey Flickr Friends: Hearts gallery. The heart stamp I used is from Friend, You're the Best. One stamp pretty much does it all (background and main images)

Stamping on pattern paper is one of my favorite things to do. The SRM Stickers come in really handy for the design. I just added that on the side of the stamped image. And the little word "chosen" on the heart? It was an after thought. I had a little bit of sentiment sticker left, so I thought:" why not? " and applied it to the heart.

With all the new stamps, I made a few very last minute submissions to the latest Stamp It (by Paper Crafts). Yesterday over Paper Crafts Facebook, I saw one of my very cards on their table (squeal!!)--meaning there is a small chance to be picked!!!  I thought that I may be delusional, so I got my son David to take a peek for me AND he thinks it's MY card! I now am eager to find out if it made the cut!!!

CAS-ual Fridays' new challenge is up next! I think you will love it to pieces ;)

32 comments:

AnitaRex said...

Hi Virginia! Love this romantic Valentines card! :> Love the stamping and that paper! :>

Annette said...

dang this is so awesome...I love it..this is one of my favorites...it has a great flow...did i say I LOVE IT..

Vera Rhuhay said...

Awwww...so romantic,Virginia! Love...Love this!

sheila said...

THis is really so professional looking Virginia. I love the whole design....and hope your other crd gets picked up!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

This is just gorgeous. CAS, chic and classy. Love that writing going up the side.

Simone said...

So stunning Virginia! Love everything about this gorgeous card! Good luck with the PC call!

Piali said...

Gorgeous card!!!
I'm sure you'll get few cards picked for this PC issue...your stamping is Awesome!!

Lynn said...

This is gorgeous! I love the layering and the different stamps. Absolutely stunning. Crossing my fingers for you on your submissions!

Altax said...

This looks awesome. I love this card. :)

Valentines Day Crafts

Karen B. said...

A beautiful Valentine indeed! So cool to see one of your cards on the table too!

Christina said...

Fantastic stamping, Virginia! I'm smitten over that pearly white button tied with red floss. Keeping my fingers crossed that you get a happy PC email this week!

cnelson said...

This is gorgeous! Could not love it more! Your stamping is ALWAYS fantabulous!

Susan said...

{{SIGH}} Love this.

Kathy (krolski) said...

I love the layered hearts! Beautiful card! YAY! I hope your card/cards make the cut and get published!

Romaine said...

Virginia, that "chosen" sticker? Perfect touch! If you can believe it, it was one of the first things that struck my eye! I love all the little details on this card- you are such a master of background stamping! Can you tell that I am smitten by this card? :0)

Brenda said...

Love how the black really makes the card Virginia! As well as your small glossy hearts!

Linda R said...

This is such a lovely card. I love the stamped image on this card.

Hugs, Linda

BabyBokChoy said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

woo hoo, best of luck I hope you made it!!! And I love this card, as always you have created something new and beautiful! Love the use of the stickers too!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

congrats for being on the Create blog today! Love, Love this card.

Clare said...

So pretty and romantic - you do wonders with Basic Grey pads! For some reason, they're one of the only paper companies I can't seem to create cards with, though their papers are pretty...? Anyways, it's obvious YOU had no trouble with them!! :)

Trinh said...

Love this soft & pretty valentine, Virginia! Keeping my fingers crossed for happy mail tomorrow!

Dawn said...

good luck with the Submission Virginia. Love this heart card.

Agata said...

Such a cute card! Even more than cute, it's truly well designed, I love it! Let's have some more patience to see if our cards have made the cut! :)

Cathy Fongjoyo said...

beautiful valentine's card!! gorgeous, Virginia!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Beautifully designed Virginia. Love the heart stamped on the card base with the offset heart elevated on top.

Lillian Child said...

This is absolutely LOVELY!!!

Levana Sunandar said...

Virginia this is super awesome vintage style.. absolutely love it.

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous colours and design!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER pretty card, Virginia! I LOVE the double hearts!!! BEAUTIFUL color palette too! YOU ROCK!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love this....

Lisa Arana said...

gorgeous and oh so yummy. Love it.