Friday, February 17, 2012

Virginia's View Challenge #2

 This is my 2nd post of the day. For CAS-ual Fridays' Challenge, please scroll down or click here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 I am so excited to share our latest Virginia's View #2 over Lily Pad Cards. Here is the V. V. Challenge #1 result in case you missed it. It was so fun to see the amazing entries inspired by the photo!  Let's get on to Virginia View Challenge #2 (details are here) .
Is this delicious or what? Our sponsor is Sweet Stamp Shop
Lucky for us to use a stamp set from SSS. I have this Scootin By and this is what I came up with. 
Happy birthday
I love the color scheme from the inspiration photo. The dotted lines and circles from the cake and cake stand create some very interesting visual textures (without the bulk).

If you think the photo is not quite your cup of tea type of dessert...have no fear! Here is a sketch designed by the talented Deborah .
 I did a double take on the sketch AND photo inspiration with this cute raccoon from the set called Furry Friends Forever.
 furry friends forever
and a close-up. I made the triangle into a little pocket and attached the twine in between the stamped cutout of the racoons. I think this card is perfect for kids,too!
close-up (2)
Here is how you can play the Virginia's View Challenge #2 :
---->use the photo inspiration (like my scooter card)
or 
---->use the sketch
or
---->use both photo and sketch (like my raccoon card)
Hope you get to join the fun with us at Lily Pad. Thanks for scooting by! 

29 comments:

Lynn said...

What an awesome inspiration photo! I love how you created the rectangular border and the half circle borders on your first card. Super clever.

Jeanette Marchand said...

Wonderful cards, Virginia! I love the raccoon - he is so adorable!

Karen B. said...

Super cute cards, and the two colors together look ah-mazing!

cheiron said...

Both so fun! Can't wait to play along with your challenge!

Vicky said...

Virginia's View is my favorite monthly challenge!! Your cards are gorgeous. Love the pocket for the raccoon card and the dot-line-dot border on the scooter card.

Kathy (krolski) said...

The photo is fantastic! Your cards are adorable too! I love that little raccoon pocket card. So clever. :)

cnelson said...

Absolutely ADORABLE cards!! LOVE..LOVE...LOVE them!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia you are a never-ending source of creativeness! Two beauties!

Nancy said...

I love your VV inspiration, and your cards are perfect inspiration too! I especially love how you added the sketch stripes on the raccoon card with the colorful text, so clever!

Emily Leiphart said...

These are too cute! I love both of your borders on the scooter card and the pull-out raccoon is so much fun!

Debstamps said...

What fabulous details you incorporated Virginia! A terrific inspiration!

Annette said...

These cards are just too cute...I love both of them...such great designs and fun images...love it..I might just have to join this challenge..

BabyBokChoy said...

Wowser super duper cute cards!

Dawn said...

two super cute cards Virginia. very inspiring. Great photo too

Cindy C. said...

Both such fun cards!

Suzanne C said...

Adorable raccoon in the pocket and the first card is the perfect take on the inspiration photo!

Simone said...

Virginia these are such cute cards! LOVE how you interpreted the dots into your first one from the gorgeous inspiration photo and love that cute racoon! Sweet cards!

Linda R said...

both these cards are fabulous. I love to see what you create..

Hugs, Linda

Julie said...

I love how you interpreted the little dots on the cake and beads on the cake stand. Great cards! And that racoon is just so so cute!

Lindsey said...

The raccoon pops out! How cute is that? Love both these cards, and maybe I'll even get my act together and play this time! ;)

Tiffany said...

So cute! Love the little scooter! Both cards are so sweet! Hope you are enjoying the weekend!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

I love them both! This is a fun picture to base a challenge on! Thanks so much!
Lisa

Tenia Nelson said...

What awesome cards dearie!!!

Lisa Arana said...

both cards are darling. I love the polka dot detail on the first one and how sweet is that racoon? love them.

Alice Wertz said...

yummy colors and such fun cards, V!! really love the little pocket idea on your second card. too cute! fab work as always, my friend! =)

Ryann Salamon said...

What cute cards! I love that the raccoon can pop in and out of the corner. Adorable!

Angi Barrs said...

Super adorable! Love that little scooter.

Cathy A said...

Gorgeous cards I think the cake is Definately my cup of tea.....yum!

Karen from MI said...

You really do make the SWEETEST cards, Virginia!! Your personality SHINES in them. Such TALENT, too! Glad that you continue to create and don't hide the gifts that you've been given!! You make me SMILE BIG! Love, Karen xo