Saturday, February 4, 2012

What is Dr. John thinking?

Quite a few of you asked me about Dr. John....whatever happened to his wise-cracking remarks and jokes!? Apparently this feature seems to be missed! Well, here it is today!
After blogging about how to use the scraps for stamping (details here),  I told him how "brilliant" my idea was since that post generated a lot of comments and feedback! He then leaned over and said:" No need for new stamps! You can make your own magic from now on"!! I had to laugh on that one! (it's NOT going to happen)!


Here is a blog post excerpt from my daughter Stephanie about our own style of humor
har har
My Mom was the class clown growing up. She entertained her classmates by imitating teachers behind their backs and she starred in various high school plays including a role as the Emperor in The Emperor’s New Clothes.
My Dad has a reputation for his witty remarks and one-liners. He is a regular guest on my Mom’s blog Yes, Virginia… where he has his own feature titled “What is Dr. John thinking?”. The ladies call him a “keeper” and I have to admit that I often quote him on facebook.
My brother also has quite the sense of humor. He can be both witty and silly - a combination of our parents humor all in one. No one makes me laugh as much as he does.
As for myself, I have a knack for talking like a hillbilly. Today I said “my bad” with said accent and it cracked my Mom up.
…now is it just me or did someone here get the short end of the stick?!


 conversations overheard in my household: 
On getting driver's license
David:I need to get my G license.
Mom:No you don't. You have legs!
Dr. John:All you really need is a thumb. 


On the advantage about stamping instead of skiing
David: My friend's Dad got a concussion while skiing...
Virginia: That is too bad! See, that's why it is BEST to stamp in the winter time. You can never injure yourself! 
Stephanie: NOT true, you can still hurt yourself...
David: Yeah, ...like paper cut! 
Stephanie: Exacto knife!!
Virginia: Well, that's the "risk" I am willing to take....
Dr. John: Paper trimmer!!!
Stephanie: Hot glue gun!.... And you can squish your hand in Cuttlebug!
David: And that blower dryer....
Virginia: Blow dryer!? Oh, you mean heat embossing tool (LOL)! It's SAFE! 
Dr. John: What if you emboss while you take a shower!!!!?? You can get electrocuted!

.........pause...laughter!!

 As you and I....and Dr. John can all agree: "Laughter is the best medicine"!!
Lastly I am sharing what I did with my "scraps".
 Yup, don't throw the extra stamped images away.... it actually looks good on the cover!

30 comments:

Lin said...

It looks GREAT on the cover! Love these posts about your family, V!

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for a great post Virginia, Jo x

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is beautiful! Love the family comments always so much fun!
Lisa

Elizabeth Cooper said...

Love that cover, and your family's comments made me giggle this morning. Thanks for that. :-)

Tenia Nelson said...

Your family is tooooo funny....lol!!! Love your project by the way!!!

Barb said...

embossing in the shower...love the witty comments from your family. and that album cover is beautiful. another stunning project :)

Romaine said...

I was just thinking how that image looked so great in the frame before realizing that it was an album- love it!
It sounds like you and your family have a lot of laughs together!

chrystinanoel.com said...

I definitely enjoyed the family comments, always a good time. Hope you're having a great weekend!

Alice Wertz said...

hee hee. love your cute family, girl! thanks for making me smile! =) and yeah, that's not a scrap, that's a master piece. love it for the album cover! thank you, thank you for the sweet message, my friend. it warm my heart. hope to chat with you soon. have a beautiful weekend! =)

Brenda & Ian said...

I am happy to hear Dr J and the family are still healthy, happy & comedic.

Arlene said...

I agree - never throw those stamped images away... Sure looks good. FUN Family.

Levana Sunandar said...

hahaha i gigling over and over reading about your family vomments. you are lucky lady have warm and great sense of humor family. sure a fun family

i am curious with the inside of your album

Kathy Martin said...

Love hearing stories about your family. You were a stinker when you were little! ;)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

TOOOO funny! I love all the conversations in your household!!! Esp. the one about getting a license! Beautiful use of scraps--I really need to use some of mine up! Maybe I should give them to you:)

Mariana Grigsby said...

All those conversations are so funny!!! ...you made me smile :D ... and that cover looks great! ;) hugs from here!

alexandra s.m. said...

PRECIOUS! Thank You! and I adore your book cover ;-)

Hugs~

Ruby Craft said...

So Funny! What a wonderful family you have. They are all keepers!

Annette said...

what a fun family...you all totally crack me up...glad you all get a kick out of each other...that is fun..

Linda R said...

I got a kick out of this post. Who knew making cards could be so dangerous..

Hugs, Linda

Anne said...

This post made me smile so much Virginia- thanks for sharing a bit of your family with us all! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

LOL, your family is hilarious, Virginia! If I were to visit, I'd probably bust a gut laughing so hard I'd be crying. ;)

Trinh said...

You & your family are so funny - thanks for the laughs! And what a great way to use your scraps!

Lindsey said...

Thanks for all the family sharing, Virginia! My crafting area would be a lot neater if I DIDN'T keep so many scraps... but they do come in handy! This scrap is perfect for your album.

Julie Hoffman said...

This post had me cracking up! I LOVE the stamping humor! Beautiful album cover too! Love this!!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

LOL! Loving your family's conversations! Making me smile! :) That stamp looks great on the cover!

Simone said...

LOL! I've missed the Dr John posts! So nice to have them back! Always good for a fun giggle :)

Angi Barrs said...

Love this fabulous post. And I love what you did with your scraps. :)

AnitaRex said...

Oh Virginia I love this post! Your daughter is a great writer! :> A nd thank you for the laughs!

MarcyK924 said...

I want you to adopt me! They say that laughing adds years to your life. You and your family, my friend, are going to have long and healthy lives! Sorry I've been MIA, but I've had health issues. I needed to see this post! HUGS XOXO

Karen from MI said...

BIG SMILE on my face, Virginia! :) LOVE your "scrap" book cover! :) Love, Karen xo