Thursday, March 29, 2012

Card with Hexagons!

It sure looks like hexagons are all the rage. I remember seeing the latest products from the Winter CHA photos . So many companies have come up with products and supplies with Hexagons! Here are some eye candy that I found via Pinterest.
My card today was prompted by CREATE blog to make a card with honey combs/hexagon in them. Since I don't have hexagon stamp yet, but that doesn't stop my from making cards with this lovely shape. A while ago, I stumbled into the talented and generous Melanie McCarthy (who has 3870 followers and counting). Mel designs paper, templates and fonts and .....she offers them for FREE in her blog! So if you have any special need for shapes. lines or fonts, Mel has it all. Here is how I got my Hexagons! I highly recommend that you become a follower and you will never be without any fancy templates, DIY flowers, lines or shapes!
 Happy Birthday
I printed out the Hexagons in regular copy paper and added the faux stitching to make them more defined. The rest? EASY stamping! The stamped flower is a Hero Arts Stamp, but I don't know which set it came from--sorry!
 (Tip: to make the fussy-cutting easier, apply tiny droplets of Glossy Accent over the detailed part of the image, let dry, then cut out. It is SO much easier!)

 .Hope you like my card with Hexagons! Have a great day!

32 comments:

Barb said...

Wow! I love this card, V! What a fun idea - your hexagons look fab and just look at that gorgeous flower! Wonderful colors too - thanks for the link to Melanie's blog! :)

Simone said...

This is sooo pretty V!! Love those hexagons especially with that stunning flower! Such a gorgeous card :)

yyam said...

Wow! Your card is sooooo pretty Virginia! I just love the red accents!

Dawn said...

lovely Virginia. Great idea to make your hexagon

Lynn said...

Love, love, love every last detail of your card Virginia! Fabulous.

Bethany said...

Very pretty! I love the red flower :)

Melissa Shea said...

Beautiful! Love how you're so good at pulling inspiration from photos!

joy said...

Such a fun card, Virginia! Thanks for the link to Mel's blog - will have to check it out!

Annette said...

amazing card...I love those hexagons...

Lin said...

Love your card, Virginia, and thank you SO much for the link to Mel's site - WOW, such a treasure trove!

Kerry said...

What bright happy colors! What's the source for the red flower? I love it!

Brenda said...

Beautiful design Virginia! Love how you used that hexagon print!

Linda R said...

Such a wonderful card. I love the design.. And thanks for that tip on the fussy cutting. Hope you are enjoying your day!!

Vicky said...

Love how you can get inspired by anything and make such beautiful cards!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a gorgeous card! LOVE the papers and that beautiful flower--love the hexagons too! YOU ROCK:) LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Kathy (krolski) said...

I love your card! Great design and thanks for the glossy accents tip! :)

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, this card is gorgeous--love the hexagons and the flower. Wonderful colors and great design. Thanks for the link to Melanie's blog.

Lindsey said...

So pretty! Love the bright combination of colours.

Isha said...

Wonderful card Virginia. Love the hexagon and bright colors.

AnitaRex said...

LOVELY! :> So pretty and fun! Love what you did the the hexagons!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love your hexagons. I love the faux stitching and the bling you have added here and there. The large flower is so perfect on the DP you've chosen. I love the whole composition!

cnelson said...

So FAB! LOVE the hexagons and the colors!

Deb said...

Fabulous card!!!! Those hexagons sure are pretty!

alexandra s.m. said...

I love your card Virginia and I agree with you, Mel is not only super talented but she is also extremely sweet and generous! hmmmm...come to think of it, a little bit like you!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Love how the softness of the hexagons float behind the flower!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

So pretty! And so excited to see you in my email box again! hehehe! Love hexagons and your card is a def. inspiration! Thanks so much!
Lisa

Lisa Arana said...

i love your take on the hexagons... amazing! the little faux stitching is the perfect touch.

BabyBokChoy said...

I agree, they are absolutely RAGING right now and what a delightful card you have made with this difficult pattern (if you ask me! :) :) )

Alice Wertz said...

oh yes, Mel is amazing. love how you used her design. this is so pretty and delightful!

Julie Hoffman said...

Beautiful card! Love the hexagons - great idea to print them out! Thanks for the tip on the fussy cutting. I was just commenting on your fabulous cutting skills!

Julie Hoffman said...

I just subscribed to Mel Stampz ~ thanks for the tip! Her site is AWESOME!

chrystinanoel.com said...

I don't think I ever realized how cool hexagons are until this post. Awesome.