Friday, March 9, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge # 43

YAY, it's Friday! I am excited about this week's challenge! It is  so fun and dear to my heart since it is all about sentiment and STICKERS
As you may know, I was on the SRM Stickers Design team for one full year, I am totally addicted to their stickers. Thankfully, one sheet of stickers goes a LONG way! I still have lots :) 
Our sponsor: SRM Sticker
The challenge is to Create a CAS card with the sentiment as the focal point.
THANKS
I incorporated the city skylines into this design and let the clouds speak! All the sentiment and the zig zag line are  from SRM Stickers! How awesome, huh? I hope you can join the fun with us! Please link up your project to CAS-ual Fridays by Wednesday March 14, Midnight Eastern Time. I can't wait to see what you create!


Lastly,  we at CAS-ual Fridays would like to bid a fond farewell to our DT founder/coordinator Julie Ranae. Julie (along with our sweet and organized Michelle) is the force behind this CAS-ual Friday's Blog from Day 1 and continues to be the power house in our stamping/blogging community. We wish her all the best in her new chapters and endeavors in crafting /blogging community! You will be missed, Julie!   

30 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

Virginia...thank you so much for such kind words and the encouragement you've been as we've played together on this team. YOU are one talented designer and I am sure we will be working together somewhere down the road once again!

Barb said...

I'll bet you're all going to miss Julie so much! I wish her well! Love this fun challenge - it gives me a chance to use the stickers I won from a dear friend - *wink, wink*
Your card is wonderful, Virginia - Love the soft stamping of the skyline, and the cute sentiments! :)

Simone said...

Virginia this is gorgeous. Love how you put the sentiments into the clouds. Such a fun and creative card :)

Dawn said...

gorgeous card Virginia. Love those stickers.

Kelly Griglione said...

How creative to fly the sentiment banner from the building spire - love it!!!

Lynn said...

I love the city scape...and your placement of the sentiments is so fun. Of course you always rock SRM!

Joy said...

This is such a fun and uplifting card Virginia, just adore it. Hugs!

Eve said...

Luv so many "Thanks" above the buildings. What a nice way to "THANK YOU", "shouting" from the sky! Luv the card! :-)

Brenda said...

Love how you use stickers Virginia! LOve teh senitments in the clouds!

cnelson said...

Ohhhh sooooooo FAB! I can't even begin to express how much I LOOOOVE this!

Annette said...

what a fun card...love how you used the sentiments in the clouds...cute.

cheiron said...

Super fun scene here! I always love citiscapes, and your flag is too cute. I may have some stickers around to play along with!

Lin said...

Cute, V! This looks like a fun challenge, now that I have some SRM stickers! :))

Kathy (krolski) said...

Super cute card! Love the zig zag!

alexandra s.m. said...

It's a great card and wonderful use of stickers Virginia!
TFS~

BabyBokChoy said...

so true, one sticker sheet lasts forever!!! Love your card!! wonderful use of those tiny stickers!!!

Tiffany said...

Very fun use of all the sentiments and I love that sweet banner flag too!

snehal watwe welde said...

This is really beautiful.I love your take on the challenge.

Deb said...

Love your sentiments on your clouds! So clever with your skyline.

Marlena M. said...

I LOVE the skyline, Virginia. Awesome way to get them talking. ;)

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hard to believe that these are stickers !!! Fabulous card and just love that gorgeous skyline.

Marie

Lindsey said...

Great card! I really like that zig-zag sticker along the bottom, along with everything else! :)

papertrails leaver said...

This is so fresh and downright cute with the floating clouds and sentiments! Brilliant use of the stamps and stickers.

maria f. said...

Your card is so cute. The sentiments in the sky remind me of the planes pulling banners...

Ellen said...

Wow, love your card, beautiful city look!
Thanks for your comment on my blog.
Ellen

Debbie said...

Great card!! I like the muted skyline with the color in the clouds!!

Jenny said...

Cool design to put the sentiments in the clouds :0)
Loving the newsprint cityscape too :0)
Jenny x

Lisa said...

Love this city scape Virginia...marvelous card!!

Liz Weber said...

Hi Virginia, your card is fantastic, love those clouds, so very clever popping the sentiments in there and just love that flag coming off that building. I love hwo creative you are with the srm stickers!

Alice Wertz said...

love the sentiments on the clouds. this is fab, Virginia!