Saturday, March 10, 2012

Cure for Winter Blue

I can't believe that we are well into March already. This winter, as many of you know, has been mild in North America. I must say the winter's snowfall has been lowest for the last 10 years! I am certainly not missing the lack of snow (my son does and he is sad that he didn't get to ski this winter). And just when you think winter is OVER!? NO, we had another snowfall (2-3 inches) yesterday!! This was my backyard on Friday at 2pm.
 It completely covered the ground and everywhere! What better ways to celebrate this with a wintery blue card? Take up a challenge here over Moxie Fab World, of course!

I have had this cling stamp called Large Flower Background for a while now (thanks so much for the stamp, sweet Donna) and I finally get the courage to use it. I find the intricate flower patterns and design a bit overwhelming, but it is actually quite fun to use!
HUGS to you
I stamped the entire background in Faded Jeans. I then embossed the upper right flower in white in white card stock. The flower was colored in distress inks (Faded Jeans and Broken China). After that, I cut out the flower and leaves and stems.  The cutout flower was highlighted with pencil crayon and mineral spirit. That way the flowers will show some shading and depth. Lastly, I add the SRM Sticker for the circle sentiment.

the winner for my card/goodies giveaway is #10
joy said...
Oh, Virginia! Who wouldn't love to have this card??? It is just so sweet and, yes, girly!! Love it!
Thanks for stopping by! I will be back with another "What is Dr. John Thinking? " feature!

38 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Beautiful flower...

Kathy said...

Oh me oh my BC!! Stunning card and LOVE your flower. We wanted one snow fall this year but, I think it's to late now. Miss chatting with you, Hugs, Kathy

Meadie said...

Your card is just gorgeous! I have yet to use that stamp which I have, but you have inspired me to give it a try. I love the look of your snow, I wished it snowed where I live it looks so cosy, hugs x x

Eve said...

beautiful card! Beautiful combination of white & blue! Sorry that you had to have Snowfall even your son didn't like the fact he didn't get much snow... I'm like you. NO SNOW, NO PROBLEM! :)

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card Virginia! That flower is so pretty! Great design once again.

Linda said...

just gorgeous Virginia!! WOW! such a great card :)

I'm so jealous of your snow! *sniff sniff*

CinnamonSally said...

Wow Virginia this card is stunning, I made a card last night using the same stamp, I agree it is a bit daunting but I stuck to traditional colous. Your blue flowers are so pretty!

Lynn said...

Absolutely stunning. The flower pops off the beautiful background Virginia.

joy said...

Oh, my! I can't believe I won your giveaway!! Yippee! And, thanks so much, sweet Virginia!

Karen B. said...

This is seriously beautiful! What a way to conquer a stamp!

yyam said...

Goodness! This is just gorgeous! I love the bold blue!

diana said...

Lovely! TFS ;-)

Trinh said...

Oh this is beautiful, Virginia! I love how you colored just one bloom & it looks gorgeous in the dark blue. Have a wonderful weekend!

Lin said...

Beautiful blues, V! Love seeing how you interpreted this challenge!

cnelson said...

WOWZERS!!! This is STUNNING!

Kristen said...

Beautiful!

cheiron said...

Just beautiful Virginia!

Tiffany said...

Oh Wow!! This is gorgeous! Beautiful blues!!

Edna said...

it is beautiful, nice treat on the flower, I can't wait to give mine a treat as well, thanks for the tips, that inspires me.

Brenda said...

Love that beautiful blue Virginia!

Bethany said...

I love your card! I also missed the snow, because I never got to go skiing at a resort...just in our yard.

Dawn said...

what a way to end winter Virginia. I heard it had been quite mild... that might explain why our summer wasn't so great! Any way, your card is delightful. Love all the blue beauty

Kathy Martin said...

Beautiful card and photo of your back yard! Pretty back yard with all those trees! Spring is coming! It'll be in the 70s this week here in NC. It's coming! ;)

Christina said...

Wow, what a beautiful stamp! I love how you popped up that pretty flower, which you colored so beautifully.

Annette said...

wow Virginia this is stunning...lovely background and that flower is just so beautiful...

Betty said...

I love your card - the blues are beautiful!!!

Anni said...

Hi Virginia,

ich liebe diesen Stempel sowieso, aber was du daraus gemacht hast, ist atemberaubend - stunning - wunderschön - amazing - einfach traumhaft!
Ich hoffe, es geht dir und deiner Familie gut und du genießt den Frühling!
Liebe Grüße, Anni

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks for linking this up to the Cure for the Winter Blues Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia this is a "swoon" card!

Clare said...

Absolutely beautiful, Virginia! That popped up flower is just gorgeous!

Lindsey said...

So SO pretty! The colouring of the focal flower is outstanding.

papertrails leaver said...

What a beuatiful card! I love the stamped backgroud!

Simone said...

Virginia this is such a stunning card! Love your take on this challenge. PS - i will gladly swap your snow with our heat wave! :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

WOW!!! I am in love with this card! blue is my favorite color and I just love this! Right down to the tiny detailed blue pearls on the sentiment! Beautiful!
Lisa

Jocelyn Olson said...

I have this stamp, too, and haven't used it. You've inspired me, though! This card is GORGEOUS! I love the mix of blues.

Tiffany said...

I love this stamp, you did beautifully with the design!

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful shades of blue! gorgeous card, V! love it! now, to get off my butt and use this stamp, too... =)

Agata said...

I'm looking for nice ideas with this stamp and this one surely gorgeous! Faded Jeans, who would have thought? Such a nice color! Hope the snow is all gone by now!