Monday, March 5, 2012

Fun Time in Orlando (Part 2)

Today I am sharing more photos from our vacation to Universal Studio, in Orlando, Florida. What draws us there was mainly the latest Harry Potter-themed rides and shops in the theme park. And boy, they do not disappoint!
Inside the castle is the Forbidden Journey ride. The queue goes through Dumbledore's office, the defense against the dark arts classroom and past many talking portraits. The wait was LONG--it took us 45 min to get to the ride the 2nd time (because we went late in the day!).
 Isn't he/she "cute" !? It moves, too!
Hogsmeade at 8 AM. The first time we got up super early for the rides...things we do for the kids, huh? 
 This was on the way to the ride!

Do you love the brooms?
 I told the kids that we can get these brooms at Canadian Tire (Canada's biggest hardware chain) for a MUCH cheaper price!--LOL!

Do you always want to have a wand that does magic? Well, this is IT!

Displays inside one of the many Harry Potter shops 


 Flying brooms chained up in the store. They "fly" up and down.
The spiffy-looking ties with all the different colors from schools from Hogwarts
( Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin)
Love the snowy owls! 
 All the buildings are amazing as they all look somewhat slanted in an angle (they do this on purpose as my daughter told me).
 We had to line up for the famous butterbeer.... (you can find recipe here )

 Love the Hogwarts Express!
 When there is a theme park, there will be MERCHANDISE! Here are some eye candy for you!
 Sounds TASTY!
 We didn't try this, but we heard that it was not very pumpkin-like. Looks good though!
 This little cup of butter beer cost only $3.50US.
 The descriptions of these mints are mind-boggling!

some serious candy here!
Can you believe that I went on this "Dragon Challenge " ride? It has a few loops and twists! I know....what was I thinking? But hey, you are only young once, right? I did feel a little woozy as I had the breakfast right BEFORE the ride! Thankfully, I kept the food down ;)
And of course, we had to try the famous Butterbeer. According to HarryPotter.Wikia.com, Butterbeer is a popular wizarding beverage with a very slight alcohol content and a taste “a little bit like less-sickly butterscotch.”  In case you are curious about how they are dispensed....here's a little video (you can see the two very happy customers!!). The drink was not very beer-like, but it was creamy, frothy and full of buttery flavor. We had both versions-served as a cold drink or frozen. We love the frozen slushy-like drink better.

My next traveling post (Part 3) will be about the Dr. Seuss's Seuss-ville...this place makes you feel--HAPPY and GIDDY!  Lastly, here is card I made last Saturday for the Scramble challenge (details here ). It took me about 40 min to make this card with a window design.
Friend
Thanks for going through this long post, friend! 

28 comments:

Lisa said...

Thx so much for sharing those fun photos!! We are headed to Disney/Univ. Studios Orlando this weekiend fo r
Spring Break. I am SO excited after your photos!! Kida are gonna go NUTS!
I loved your scramble card too- can't believe it only took you 40 min- you are such a pro, Virginia!

Annette said...

beautiful card...thanks for sharing you fun trip with us all...cool pictures..

Barb said...

Harry Potter would be the reason we'd go back to Disney too, Virginia! I so enjoyed reading all the books with my boys, and the movies were awesome too! I am a big fan, so I REALLY LOVED reading your post and seeing all the photos!

Fabulous card too, my friend! Love the pretty colors and window design! :)

Lin said...

Great pictures, as usual, V! I'd love to visit this place, too!

Lindsey said...

Not just fun pictures, but a link to a butterbeer recipe and a beautiful card to admire, too! Thanks!

Maureen Morton said...

Great pictures, Virginia. I really get the feel of the place, tho I'm not a Potter fan (sorry!). Still looks like fun. The card you made for the scramble is too cute - love the window effect. Great use of the inchies. Love it all!

Judy1223 said...

Great photos, Virginia! We didn't see any of this on our recent trip to Diseney...now we have to go back!

Love your card...great inchies!

Donna Bowman said...

Looks like a great trip - I love Orlando - so many fun things to do!!! Great card. Such a creative use of inchies -I'm sorry I had to miss the scramble!!

Julie said...

Love all the photos. I really wish I could visit Disney/ Universal Stuido in Florida one day. That will be a dream come true. I am a Harry Potter fan too. Seeing all your photos... I just so envy you!! ^_^
Your card is great. Love the tiles effect!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Great photos! Looks like a fabulous time! Love your inchies card too! Love the butterfly!

Lynn said...

Your pictures are wonderful Virginia! Can't wait to see the Dr. Seuss ones! The boys all celebrated his birthday at school last week.

And your card...wow...you rocked the inchy scramble!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Beautiful pictures! My scrapping friend was just there and she is a huge potter fan, so I bet you had fun! I would love to go, hopefully soon! And beautiful card, love the window look!
Lisa

Lisa Arana said...

What a lovely card... the window effect is super.

Brenda said...

Oh this looks like a really awesome place! Thanks so much for sharing these photos. Love your beautiful scramble card, the colors are awesome!

Cathy Fongjoyo said...

wowww!!! i really want to go to Universal studio. finger crossed. hopefully i will earn enough money to fly all the way to US. :) thanks for sharing these fun photos

Simone said...

Such fun photos!! I want to go to universal studios now! lol! Your card is gorgeous Virginia! Love those colours :)

Alice Wertz said...

ahhhh..... i wanna go there, too! better go before i get too old. =) thank you so much for the super fun photos, Virginia! i had such fun reading this post! =) beautiful card, too. love the colors and design!

Dawn said...

Wow Virginia... I wish I could have visited with you... I'm a Harry Potter fan after reading all the books last year. Thanks for sharing all this goodness. And your inchies card is lovely.

Eve said...

wow this looks really really fun, Virginia!! Now i wanna go! The last time i was there was in mid 80s', and there wasnt' Harry Potter, but your post made me really want to visit there once again! I luv Harry potter too! oh, yes, your card in the end is very luvly! Looking forward to "Part 3"! :-)

cheiron said...

This looks like a lot of fun Virginia! I love that you shared pics of all those candies, YUM!
Love your card from Saturday too!

Linda R said...

That looks like a blast.. I would love to visit there someday...
Your card looks so pretty..

Hugs, Linda

cnelson said...

Wow...what an AMAZING place! TFS through your photos! LOVE that GORGEOUS card!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Loved all your magical photos Virginia! Your card is beautiful - can't believe you were able to complete it in 40 minutes!!

donna mikasa said...

Such fab photos, Virginia! Feels like I was right there with you. And your 40 minute card is genius! Love the window effect and the colors, too!

Chris and Paige Evans said...

I can't look through this post - I'm too jealous :) :) :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh How I love this post Virginia besides being the greatest card maker you are also my favorite reporter ;-)

I can't wait to show Lily who has been asking me all about it

I love your card
Thank you!

chrystinanoel.com said...

Now I really want to try butter beer....

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just loved your photos and video of Harry Potter land. Looks like you had a great time! Adorable card for the Scramble too, by the way :)