Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Just Us Girls Challenge

This is my first time playing "Just Us Girls" Challenge (see sketch 126). I found out about this challenge through the lovely and inspiring blog friend Lynn . This week's challenge is to use a sketch. I love how versatile this sketch is and made a card fairly quickly. 
Since the challenge is called "Just Us girls", it is most appropriate to make a girly card! Here is my take:
You're Fabulous Dahling!
I stamped the dress in Hero Hue's Chalk ink Punch and stamped kissed it with the Newspaper Background in black .That's why you see little specks of black print in the dress. The sentiment is this set called Birthday Purses from Skipping Stones Design. The bright pink ribbons are from May Arts. I applied the Japanese Washi tape to both sides of the card as they are great compliment to the glossy card stock. 
I think any girlfriend will love this card, don't you?

And now I want  to say this to you : "You're Fabulous Dahling"!! If you like this card, please leave me a comment in this post by midnight Eastern time on March 10, Sunday. I will send this card and some small goodies to the lucky "dahling"! Have yourself a fabulous day!

30 comments:

Kristen said...

I love your card! What a cute idea!

donna mikasa said...

Perfect card for the challenge! I'd say you rocked it, V! Love her kissed outfit, too!

Nancy said...

Love it, Virginia! You are one clever lady...love the kissed detail!

Kathy (krolski) said...

LOVE this card! :) Makes me smile! The sentiment is priceless and so clever! Love her dress too!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Love the newsprint on that dress!

Jeanette Marchand said...

Wonderful card, Virginia! Love how you did the newsprint on the dress.

Lindsey said...

Love the newsprint "kissed" on the dress! What a sweet card, Virginia.

Barb said...

I first saw this card earlier in the day, when I sneaked onto the web at work . . .shhh . . .don't tell! I just HAD TO show it to two of my co-workers, and they loved it as much as I do! Such a fun card, V! :)

Clare said...

Virginia, I LOVE it! So fun! That shimmer paper is gorgeous, and love how you used that image!

joy said...

Oh, Virginia! Who wouldn't love to have this card??? It is just so sweet and, yes, girly!! Love it!

Julie Hoffman said...

This is FABULOUS Virginia! Great take on the sketch! I especially love the Washi tape - it adds the perfect touch!

Karen B. said...

Sorry I've been away for so long, been on vacation! Love this card, so spunky and fun!

BabyBokChoy said...

dahling it is INDEED fabulous, how fun and how cute!!!!!

Lynn said...

Dahling - you are marvelous! This card makes me smile from ear to ear! So glad you could join us at Just Us Girls!!

Deb said...

This card is fantastic!!! I love all of the elements. Very, very creative. Seeing your card makes me laugh, because I have a friend that has requested me to make her a "Diva" card. Thanks for the inspiration!

cnelson said...

This card is FABULOUS! ! Could not LOVE this more!

Brenda said...

Oh I like this sketch! Love that image too and the touch of bling on her handbag Virginia!

AnitaRex said...

I saw this sketch on someone else
s blog and thought the same thing! Love this card you made! :> The stamp kissing is a great touch to her dress! :> Such a fun card darhling!

Sheila H said...

Your card is adorable, and I absolutely love the sentiment!

Dawn said...

so cute Virginia. Such a girly card. Love the sparkly background. Gorgeous colouring

Linda R said...

That is a wonderful sketch and you made it look wonderful. That image is so cute.. Love your card..

Hugs, Linda

Katarina said...

Such a fun card, Virginia!

Julie said...

I didn't think they were Washi tape on both sides! What a cute card! Love the newpaper print dress. Great card!

Kathy Martin said...

This is such a fun card! Love that chic gal! :)

Annette said...

this card is fabulous...I love that glittered paper and fun image...fun card..

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, gorgeous card--love the dress and the purse. She looks like she is getting ready to go shopping--love this. Awesome job.

Alice Wertz said...

simply fabulous! love her printed dress! super card, V!! thanks for the message, too! will email you later! big hugs! =)

alexandra s.m. said...

Super adorable and oh so girly!!
Thank You~

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia I love how you have this image trimmed!! Very modern... and your sketch design is fabulous!

Lisa Arana said...

fabulous dahling!