Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Playing with Pom Pom Flower

 I had made cards with tissue paper before.... But I was totally inspired by the talented Hero Arts DT Tami's card over Hero Arts Blog (see here ) and had to give it a go. This time I used the tissue paper to create a artsy-looking background. Not sure if the goal was succeeded. But it was really fun! I know I would definitely try this out again.

For this card, I used Ranger Adirondack Paint ( Green, Sunset Orange, Sunshine Yellow) to create the striking background and then I applied a few layers of white tissue to tone down the bright colors. As the tissue paper dried, the painted colors and textures really came through. Thus, you have a very unique-looking background. All you need to do now is STAMP.
THANKS SO MUCH-001
Supplies: stamp (Pom Pom flower, Type, Envelope Pattern by Hero Arts), Paint by Ranger, tissue paper, Arlene's glue, Basic Grey paper (leaves), button, pearl
 Later, I decided to use the same stamp with a totally different background. The work is all in the background. Once you have that covered, stamping is the easy part!
 thanks so much
I used Marvy Le Plume markers to create a few stripes and then blended the colors as best as I can with the lighter marker.  I embossed the Pom Pom Flower in (white, detailed) Stampendous Powder. Then I sponged the flower with TH Distress Inks and colored the image with Prisma color pencils. The button and pearl seem to be perfect for the flower center. The sentiment is from SRM Stickers.
I appreciate that you take the time to visit me here!!

30 comments:

Barb said...

I love them both, Virginia! I need to remember to try the tissue paper technique - love the effect! And your white embossed flower looks amazing against those wonderful, bright colors!

Helene said...

I love the second background, it's really gorgeous!

yyam said...

Wow! These are amazing! Love the backgrounds you've created!

Simone said...

Virginia these are both so stunning! Love the effect of that tissue paper technique. So pretty and happy and bright :)

Lynn said...

The backgrounds are so cool. I'm going to have to give that a go! I love the touch of paper piecing and the text on the first one. You are amazingly talented!

Jeanette M. said...

Wonderful cards, Virginia! I really love the second one - the addition of the yellow (one of my favourite colours) leaves me with such a happy feeling. :)

joy said...

Fabulous backgrounds, Virginia! That pompom flower looks great against each of them.

Bethany said...

ooh...I love the 2nd card. It's SO pretty!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Beautiful backgrounds Virginia! Each design is gorgeous!

Sue McRae said...

Both cards are wonderful but the second one is my fave, the background colours are gorgeous on that one!

pcm said...

lovely!

Brenda said...

Neat technique Virginia! Love that flower from HA!

Debbie Carriere said...

Virginia, the are both gorgeous!! They look like little canvases!! Now I have to add this to my list to try!!

Bethany said...

Hi again Virginia. I hope I'm not being bothersome, but I wanted to know how long you submitted to Paper Crafts magazine before you got a card picked?

Kathy (krolski) said...

I haven't tried this tissue paper technique yet, but now I want to. haha! :) Your cards are fantastic! I love the backgrounds you created and I love the stamped flower with the cute centers you added. Beautiful!

Chunyuan said...

Both cards are gorgeous. Love the gradient color and texture.

Kary said...

Gorgeous cards, Virginia!! The technique sounds fun with tissue paper & I love the cool background of your second card. Have a great day!!

Annette said...

wow these are amazing...you have such a great eye for color and amazing detail...love these.

Christina said...

These are so striking! I just love the texture of the tissue paper background. So wonderfully artistic!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW girl! You have been busy! I've been gone for about a month--and I had like 28 new posts from you!!!!!! LOVE everything I've seen! I wish I could leave a comment on each post--but my fingers would HURT:) LOL!

LOVE this card--beautiful background! LOVE that flower and that pearl center! AMAZING--as always;)

Emily Leiphart said...

I love both these cards, Virgina! I need to get that flower. I really love the doubling up and paper piecing of the leaves on the first one. Your painting is so awesome, too!

Julie Hoffman said...

They're both beautiful! I love the zig zag stitching and paper pieced petals on the first card and the white border and embossing on the second card! Love them both!

diana said...

Great cards! Thanks for sharing your techniques. ;-)

Melissa Shea said...

Wow! Those are beautiful, stunning, gorgeous backgrounds!!

chrystinanoel.com said...

I love partially 3-D cards. I really like all the textures on the first one. Very nice work!!

Karen B. said...

Your playtime yielded beautiful results!

Lindsey said...

Um... WOW! These are both stunning creations, Virginia! Serious card ♥ going on here. :)

AnitaRex said...

Oh Virginia i don't know which background I like better! They are both so stunning! WOW OH WOWEE! :> Fabulous work!

Lisa Arana said...

oh goodness... both are absolutely stunning!

Alice Wertz said...

love your backgrounds, V! such beautiful cards!