Thursday, March 1, 2012

Quilt-Inspired Cards

I had made a few quilt-inspired cards before (see here). I really like how it turned out last time. This week's CREATE Blog Challenge (details here ) was to create a quilt-inspired card. So I did a little differently this time. Instead of squares, I played with triangles a bit.  
faith hope love
I also used the Happy Holidays and incorporated the heart stamps into the design. I love the Basic Grey's Piccadilly paper. It is homy and charming! The sentiment is from SRM Stickers. For the twines, I actually punched a tiny circle, strung the raffia through, tied a knot and then added the pearls. That way it is less bulky and the card stays nice and flat for easy mailing!

20 comments:

Barb said...

So creative to use triangles, Virginia! Love the way this turned out - pretty colors too - love it! :)

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Great quilt inspired card! Love how it turned out.

onecraftymama said...

I'm loving the Piccadilly paper :) I adore how you've done this, and love the sentiment too!

cnelson said...

So FAB!! LOVE it!

Maureen Morton said...

Such a cozy card, Virginia. Love the colors, the shapes and especially that special little detail on the bottom with the raffia. All so nice.

Kerry said...

This is so lovely. I would love to have a quilt that looked like this, and the SRM stickers are great. What a cute little bow/pearl combo. Just gorgeous!

I'm glad to hear you had a good trip to Florida. It looks like such fun. Take care.

Rachel W K said...

such a country-chic kinda card. i love the mixed patterns you created

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Lin said...

You get an A from this old quilter, Virginia! Love that you even did some "stitching"! Love your card!

Linda R said...

Your quilted card look so pretty..

Annette said...

this is so awesome...I am loving the quilt look...very creative..

Carolyn King said...

This is so fun....love it Virginia!!

Brenda said...

I love the look of this Virginia!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your homey quilt card, Virginia! Those blue hearts are perfect with the triangles!

JulesHollis said...

Beautiful card!! So sweet. Love the triangles and cross-stitch look.

BabyBokChoy said...

you REALLY are at your best with this style of cards, SO SO SO original and fresh!!!!!!

Tiffany said...

Ooh, this is really nice! Love how these wonderful patterns turned out! I love it, it really does look like a handmade quilt!

Dawn said...

awesome Virginia. Glad to see it showcased on CREATE blog.

sheila said...

this is just perfect Virginia!

Lisa Arana said...

absolutely looks like a quilt!!! fabulous card.

Alice Wertz said...

very pretty design and mix of patterns. lovely card, V!