Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Scrapbooking with Punches

One thing I vowed to do this year is to scrapbook more. I figure that the more I do, the easier it gets (same thing applies to card-making!!). When I saw the challenge over Basic Grey blog (details here ), I know I need to make one. However, after I made the page, I realized that I did use the punches (circles and butterflies), but I failed to make a background! Oh well....the main thing is that this gives me a push to make a page!
side by side
Can oyu tell that Woody is made of Lego!? This photo was taken in Feb. 2011 at Downtown Disney in Orlando, Florida.
 When I was thinking of the title for the page, I thought that one thing that I love about my two kids is that they are always side by side for each other.  Despite their 5-year age difference, they are as close as they can be as brother and sister. Both are so different (obviously for a boy and a girl) in their aptitude, personality and style, yet they appreciate each other just the same!
 Since I am a stamper at heart, I had to stamp a few images!

Supplies:  Stamp (Circles, Special Time) Hero Arts.  Basic Grey:  Indie Bloom and Out of Print Collection. SRM Stickers, wooden buttons, Stickles, Marvy circle punches, Martha Stewart Classic Butterfly punch
 Just when you think the kids are all grown up and will not like anything too kiddie. They still love anything and everything Disney and we had to buy these Mickey pasta at the Orlando airport.
I guess some things just don't change!? Since it's March Break here, I took a photo of them while they are at home. They both got new glasses and now...they really look alike!
Thanks for the visit!  

29 comments:

Annette said...

what a fun fun layout....I love those pasta shapes...so fun. What are you going to make with these fun pastas?

Nancy said...

What a fun way to remember a happy time, V! I love the circle theme! You're never to old to enjoy Disney anything, especially pasta!

Tiffany said...

Super fun layout, Virginia! Love the circular elements and the fluttering butterflies!

Donna Bowman said...

Cute layout! Love the circles and butterflies!

Levana Sunandar said...

I am glad that you also make scrapbook, not only making card. This layout is quite simple but lots of warm stories. I always want making scrapbook for family someday..

Your daughter is so pretty in glasses, love it :)

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love, Love your layout Virginia. I need to take the time to scrap more and this inspires me! Take care

Christina said...

I love seeing a layout by you, Virginia! What a treat! I love all of the stamping you included. Hope you'll share more of your scrapbooking with us in the future!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your layout, Virginia, and all the fun stories about your vacation! How great that Stephanie and David get along so well!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome layout!!!

Lin said...

Love your page, Virginia, and LOVE this picture of S and D!! Tell them I love their glasses!

Deb said...

This page is fabulous! What a great idea to use punches to create a background! So glad that you were able to scrap a page. Feels great, doesn't it?

Lindsey said...

Quick aside... there's Mickey pasta? Where has it been all my life? :D
Such a sweet layout! So nice that brother and sister are such great friends.

Barb said...

Virginia, this page is not only colorful and fun, it's the perfect way to remember a wonderful family vacation! I LOVE IT! Great photo of your kids! Isn't it nice to see the friendship between them? Warms your heart, doesn't it? Hugs! :)

Karen from MI said...

ADORABLE, ADORABLE, ADORABLE, ADORABLE!!!! Virginia, your layout is WONDERFUL and FUN!! I can just see YOU in your children!!! :) :) Love your design, colors and most, your journalling!! YOU ARE A SUPER, SCRAPPER!!! :) Keep INSPIRING me and so many others, PLEASE!!! Love, Karen

Lynn said...

I 100% adore this layout Virginia. The story, the design, simply everything!

Linda R said...

What a cute page.. I don't think you ever out grow Disneyland.. I still love to go.. You go you some good looking kids my friend..

Hugs, Linda

Karen said...

great photos...lovely page...

Melissa Shea said...

Great LO! Love the diagonal embellie line. Really special story to go along with it too. I'm not sure if you did this or they were already like that but I like the scalloped circles with the stamped image off-set a little bit :)

Bethany said...

Wonderful layout:) I love those butterflies so much

Maureen Morton said...

What a fun page, Virginia! Your kids will appreciate this forever. Great details and colors. Love the glimpse into your sweet family - you are so blessed.

alexandra s.m. said...

I love your page Virginia!!
YOu know how excited I get when you make one!
Your kiddos are so sweet! You're very fortunate that they get along so well!!

TFS~

Kathy (krolski) said...

What a fun and happy layout! Love the photo of Stephanie and David with their new glasses too. They both have such beautiful smiles!

Vicky said...

Ypu should scrapbook more often Virginia! Love the page and all thos photos you shared of Stephanie and David. Bless you and your family my friend!

Ryann Salamon said...

Your layout is so fun, I love the circle bits! Your kiddos are adorable :)

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, this is a great layout. Awesome job. Very nice picture of your children. Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

Simone said...

Such a fun and beautiful layout! The photo of Stephanie and David is gorgeous! Your cards are always inspiring and beautiful Virginia and your layouts are just the same! :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Your layouts are always fabulous!! Can't wait for the next one!

Isha said...

Fun and Happy layout Virginia. I adore the cute n precious smiles of your kids:)

Alice Wertz said...

made of lego? that's amazing! love that photo! very fun layout, too. love all the details. you can do anything, girl! =)