Thursday, March 22, 2012

Vintage Flower

Today's card was prompted by CREATE Blog. The challenge is calling for "Vintage  Flowers". I had some rough idea what  they are like. Nevertheless, I Googled and did a Pinterest search to get inspired...here is the result.
Wishing You love & laughter
I took the inspiration from the Basic Grey Paper and just went from there...the yellow flower is from this cling stamp called Large Flower Background. The yellow ribbons are from May Arts. Delicious, huh? This card reminds me of the song called "Tie A Yellow Ribbon" 
 
Believe it or not, it was the first English song I learned. I was in Grade 7 and that song was so catchy... Somehow I learned how to sing the words without actually know what it means. Oh... .those young and innocent days!
edited : this card was featured in CREATE (Vintage Floral).  Check out the inspiration! 

 I have another post later today from Scrapbook and Cards Today ! Super excited! AND.... did you see this Design Team Call !? Check it out!

23 comments:

AnitaRex said...

Hi Virginia! I have no clue what vintage flowers are either! :> Love this card that paper is absolutely perfect for the flower, so love the yellow! Oh and I have no idea what song that is! You know what song was in my head for says as a child "This is the song that never ends it goes on and on my friends some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends........ Do you know that one?

Barb said...

I love every inch of this card, V! The colors, design, ribbon and gorgeous flower! Good luck in the challenge! :)

Joy said...

Virginia, don't you just love Pinterest for inspiration..I love your card the green and yellow are perfectly paired together..hugs

onecraftymama said...

Perfect for this challenge! It had me a little stumped too - that paper is perfect, and so is that big lovely bloom!

Lynn said...

This is beautiful Virginia. I love the inking on the gorgeous flower!

joy said...

Simply beautiful! The BG paper is the perfect backdrop for your gorgeous flower. Good luck in the challenge.

Lin said...

Yellow roses are my favorite! Beautiful, Virginia!

Annette said...

Dang girl this is gorgeous...I love that flower and amazing background...great combo...

Kristen said...

Beautiful!

Jenny said...

gorgeous card, love the yellow!! (:

Tiffany said...

It's gorgeous!! Super pretty flower!

MarcyK924 said...

Glorious colors, V!! Well, my friend, you nailed the vintage style, I had no doubt! You are SO versatile and this card shows it beautifully! XO

Nancy said...

Beautiful card, V! I'm so impressed with the color on your flower! Thanks for the trip down memory lane too, that song always brings me back to more simple times. Hugs~

Debstamps said...

Heh heh...nothing like a catchy tune to learn language! Beautiful card Virginia!

Isha said...

Love this yellow card and the pp goes so well with the design. You are amazing Virginia:)

Brenda said...

Don't you just love those gorgeous Basic Grey papers! I adore that yellow and your flower is the perfect addition! (I free up with that song!)

Lindsey said...

Very pretty! I love the yellow of the flower and that gorgeous patterned paper.

Dawn said...

what a beautiful card Virginia. Love the PP you used ~ reminds me of old wallpaper. Perfect. See it made the blog. Well done

Elizabeth Allan said...

This buttery yellow flower blooms with happiness on your card!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Congratulations!!! love this card and was so happy for you when I saw it in my email!
Lisa

Alice Wertz said...

this is pretty and fresh. beautiful card!! LOVE!

Trinh said...

Beautiful design, Virginia! I just love that flower and the fresh colors.

Lisa Arana said...

gorgeous Virginia... the yellow is just amazing and so is that flower.