Sunday, March 11, 2012

What is Dr. John Thinking?...and Seussville (Part 3)

Not sure if you miss seeing Dr. John's feature....Here is the latest!
While I worked at the office, I caught Dr. John doing some bad stamping. Since he still keeps paper charts (the old-fashioned way), he prefers using a check-list stamp for patient's physical exam. The stamp is basically a list of items that need to be checked off. After two illegible stamped images,

Dr. John: " Where is Tim Holtz when you need him?" (staring at the boo-boos!). We are having a stamping emergency! Does he have a crisis hot line!?
Secretary: ....huh? Who?.... What!?........
V: Never mind what he said. ( I was laughing out loud) 

After performing some much needed "surgery" on the stamp, (namely, cleaning out the paper fibres accumulated on the stamp), I declared that the stamp was fully recovered!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While we were in Universal Studio in Florida, Dr. John and I went to "Curious George" attraction. Meanwhile our big kids had gone to their crazy roller coaster ride. After walking through the huge entire kiddie water play area, I couldn't help asking:" WHY are we here now that the kids are all grown up?"  Dr. John: "Because I am curious"!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since this is a happy post, it's perfect to share some Seuss- ville photos (Part 3)---from Universal Studio (Orlando, Florida) !



         V: "Hey, kids, take a photo of us..."
            Stephanie: "Huh...shouldn't it be the other way around?"
 Love the merchandise!
 These Truffula tree's colors are so yummy!
 They love to pose with souvenir! You can see why!
My Thing 1(Stephanie) and Thing 2 (David) find themselves too old to pose with them!
 A family photo with Shrek, Donkey and Fiona--SWEET!
Can you believe that I went on to this roller coaster? The neat thing about this roller coaster is that you get to choose a song to go with the ride. My choice was: "I will Survive". MOST appropriate, huh? Glad I survived that crazy ride! (It's not as bad as it looks--seriously!).
Thanks for visiting! 

34 comments:

Eve said...

lol, your dh is funny and apparently the secretary isn't a stamper! lol :-) Thanks for another fun photos!! I'm grown up but your pictures are making me want MORE for visiting there!! Looks like lots (the rides) have changed!... of course, in 28 years time, I guess things change huh??..lol... luv your choice of Music with that ride! lol :-)

Tina said...

Such a great post Virginia! Love Dr. John`s episodes.

Dawn said...

what an great post.. looks like a great vacation.

ivy said...

my boys would LOVE seeing seussville! TFS all the fun pictures!

joy said...

You and Dr. John have such a way of putting fun and laughter into your lives and those of your children, too! What a lovely, happy family you have - love this post, Virginia. Thanks for sharing the great photos.

Lin said...

Oh, V, loved this Dr. John quote - had me giggling! Priceless! Love your Seuss pictures, too! Thanks for sharing - Liam would love Seuss land!

Lynn said...

What a fun post! Love that Dr. John called on Tim Holtz to help and the photos are so fun!

Suzanne C said...

I love the Dr. John stories! Too funny about the stamping hot line! i could use one now and then too! Glad Nurse Virginia with all her stamping skills was there to minister the patient! Love the sweet photos from Suessville!

Marlena M. said...

Super fun post, Virginia! I can't believe you went on that coaster---there is NO WAY I would have. You have a beautiful family. ;)

onecraftymama said...

Dr. John knows who Tim Holtz is? Swoon! lol
I love the song you chose to go with the roller coaster (yikes!) and love the Seuss pictures - it looks like so much fun!

diana said...

Thanks for the chuckles! And for sharing your photos. ;-)

Cindy C. said...

Hi Virginia, thanks for this fun post! Love seeing all the photos. And you went on that ride!? Good for you ;) I couldn't ride roller coaster. Dr. John's comment made me smile.

Barb said...

I am giggling! Your hubby cracks me up!! And see? Your stamping skills came in very handy, even at the office! Can't believe he mentioned Tim Holtz at work!! Loved all the happy photos! Sending you hugs, my friend! :)

pcm said...

your posts always make me smile. Your family is just so cute!

Annette said...

such a fun fun post...thanks for taking us on your trip...these are all fabulous...

Vicky said...

Those posts are so much fun! Thank you for making me travel through the photos and making me laugh. Dr. Jonh should be visiting your blog more often!!! Hugs and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

You and your Dr. John stories, Virginia - you must have added many years to your life with all your laughing! Great story - I added a year to my life (thanks!) and enjoyed the photos from your trip too!

Katy said...

This is so fun! Thank you for sharing! I love Dr Seussland!! :)

jintyoo7 said...

Brilliant photographs and your post is hilarious :)

Kathy (krolski) said...

LOL! Love the Tim Holtz comment. :) Love your photos too. Suessville looks like a blast!

chrystinanoel.com said...

I'm impressed you went on the rollar coaster ride. And I love the cups. And I love Dr. John's comment of him being curious. Amazing.

Karen from MI said...

I just LOVED your blog post, today! HOW FUN!! You and Dr. John are the CUTEST! :) LOVED your photos, too. Looks like you shared LOTS of BIG SMILES on this trip. Love, Karen xo

Clare said...

LOL Virginia! I love these Dr. John features! Cracks me up every time! And wow, Seuss-ville looks awesome!

Lindsey said...

So funny that Dr. John knows about Tim but doesn't know to clean his stamps!!! Fun post, thanks.

papertrails leaver said...

This looks like a great place to visit! Thanks or sharing all cute trinkets too!

Cardcrafter said...

Thank you for the wonderful pictures! Those of us who never go really appreciate the eye candy!

alexandra s.m. said...

What a great post Virginia!
TFS~

Simone said...

LOL! This is such a fun post! You guys always have sooo much fun! Loved seeing all these wonderful pictures :)

Linda R said...

What a fun post.. That Tim Holtz comment is so funny! Love seeing your photos..

Tiffany said...

Such a funny post, hilarious!! And oh my, I think my Chris would be in heaven if he saw all of that Dr.Suess goodness, wow!!

Cathy Fongjoyo said...

yes i do miss Dr. John's feature. LOL . funny post u have here ,Virginia. I also love those photos u are sharing. u definitely make me want to go to Universal Studios.

MarcyK924 said...

OMG - I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard! Now I know why you married this adorable man, V!! I am SO glad you had fun at Universal! That place is amazing and so are your pictures! Beautiful family! Please adopt me XOXO

Alice Wertz said...

haha! so you are the stamp doctor!! =) it just looks like it's such a fun place to be in! love love all the photos, V!!! thanks for the post, it really made me smile! =)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I love Dr. John's conversations with you! ToOOOO funny!

LOVE these photos of your trip--so so sad I didn't get to see you!