Tuesday, March 13, 2012

you're my type of friend!

Just sharing a card that I made for a Hero Arts Flickr friend Meghan. Meghan has been so sweet and encouraging about my work. She has been pinning cards for inspiration over Pinterest (see One Little Stamp ). What Meghan does is to pick a stamp and choose her favorite interpretation from the stamped design. Luckily, a few cards of mine were pinned on her board.

Since Meghan loves Zig Zag pattern, I thought I will make a card with this stamp in mind.
you're my type of friend
How fun is this card? I paired up the Zig Zag pattern with this new set called Style is Eternal .
With the clean and crisp look from the diecut, the design really is a cinch to make! All the inks are from Hero Arts new Hero Hue Shadow Inks (see here --Butter Bar, Cup O' Joe and Soft Apricot). The only coloring part is the girl's arms and face! I also used Perfect Pearl dimensional Glue for the dotty accent.
Do check out Meghan's pin board! I am sure you will feel inspired and perhaps you would want to pin some cards that you like! Lastly, I am sharing something exciting ......it's no big deal really! I found out that my name has been added to the Paper Crafts Designer Blog roll (see here ).
 I am absolutely honored! That was one of my goals for this year!

And on a not-so-great note: I have been slacking off on my 30 min-work out a day (my New Year resolution).  I need to get back on that routine again! Now I wish I could put a paper bag over my head (shame)....

Days that I exercise for 30 min. a day: 
January--16 out of 31 days
February: 2 out of 29 days
March: 1 so far...
I think I can definitely do better than February! Think positive!

23 comments:

MommaSue said...

Lovely card!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Fun card! Love the chevron background.
Congrats on being on the list!.
And I'm also way behind on my exercise resolution!! Start again tomorrow!

Donna Bowman said...

Super cute card - love the lady!! Congrats on making the blog roll and good luck getting on track with the workouts.

Rachel W K said...

such a great girlfriend card! congrats on the great shout out, its always deserved! and you've worked out more in two months than i have in two years...congrats!

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

joy said...

Congrats, Virginia! So very well deserved! Love the cute card for Meghan.

Chunyuan said...

fun card. you did magic with that style stamp set. Congrats on being on the PC designer's blog roll!!

Levana Sunandar said...

COngratz virginia, i am so proud of you.. Tslking about papercraft publishing, i just read january efition ( i know it's been late,but its pretty hard obtain this magazine), n found 2 creations by you. You are great..
About the card, i am sure thar your friend will lile it.. :) that stripes background is really versaitsles for any project, i think i should hv one too, lol

Lynn said...

Virginia, this is such an awesome card...I love that diva....and I'm going to sing you a song..."come on ride the train, let's ride it..." Can you hear me? That's my little bit of mojo to get you back on the exercise train :)!

alexandra s.m. said...

Congrats my Friend!
That is such an accomplishment! but so well deserved too ;-)

I love your card!!

xxx

Lindsey said...

Exercise is overrated -- you can't craft and work out at the same time, after all! (Unless you've discovered some amazing secret...) What a perfect card for a friend.

Megan said...

Love it so much I pinned it: http://pinterest.com/pin/235594624226911268/ :)

Karen from MI said...

Days you've ENJOYED yourself.......EVERYDAY!! LOVE this card, Virginia! :) It is SO HAPPY and FUN. No wonder Megan uses your work for inspiration. She seems so sweet! Hope you're still having FUN! Love, Karen

Barb said...

Yippee! Woo, hoo! You made the blog roll! Way to go, my friend! Your blog is definitely one of my favorites! Love this darling card - so sweet of you to send it to Meghan! :)

Simone said...

Absolutely gorgeous Virginia! LOVE the zig zag background! Such a fun and sweet card. Your work is wonderful and definitely inspires everyone who sees it! :) Also CONGRATULATIONS on being on the PC Blog Roll!! That is sooo well deserved and awesome!

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card Virginia. That girl is great. Very smart.

Debbie Carriere said...

Virginia, this is Soo fantastic! love the zigzag and the design is spot on!! Congrats on the PC blog roll :)

Maureen Morton said...

Wow, Virginia! Love this - that background sets everything off so great. I guess I need some of those new inks, too. Great style here. I don't let myself do crafts until I have done my exercise, if that helps. Congrats on the new appointment - you do so much to share your inspiration. Thanks!

Linda R said...

Congrats to you my friend on your DT position. Well deserved.. Your card here is so cute. I just love it...

Hugs, Linda

Bethany said...

Yeah! Congrats you've been added to the blog roll! I hope someday, maybe I can be too:)

Alice Wertz said...

that zig zag background is fab. super card, Virginia!

chrystinanoel.com said...

I really love that when I read your blog I get a really awesome card and a bit of personal life fun stories. Good luck with the workouts!! I have faith that you will make it past February's :)

chrystinanoel.com said...

I love the fact that when I read your blog I get to see an awesome card and a little bit of personal real-time happenings. Good luck with the work outs!! I have faith that you will beat February :)

Wida said...

Hi Virginia, I am jealous of that chevron stamp, you used it so nicely as a back drop on this card! Can you tell me what it means to be on their designer blog roll? Still learning the ropes :)