Monday, April 2, 2012

Basic Grey Challenge--Go Large!


If you are here for the Lily Pad Birthday Blog Hop, please click on the link under my blog banners or click here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

I am inspired by Go Large Challenge over Basic Grey. These challenges really got me out of my comfort zone . You may have noticed that I am scrapbooking  more and more lately. As I go on making the layouts, I get less and less intimidated. So far, I have been using one photo per page! One of these days, I should try to scrap a page with multiple photos--that's my next goal! 
Without further ado, here is the layout that I made with the theme --Go Large.
you are a blessing!
I decided to cut out the flowers from the indie bloom. Wish I have this set of stamps to coordinate. But the flowers from Sweet Threads Labels  does the job! I pulled out my Spellbinders and made an ornate title "isn't she lovely?" for this page. A bit distressing (on the edges of the circle) was applied to make the colors more cohesive with the Basic Grey flowers.
The BOLD flower were fun and easy to cut out!  
 I used Hero Arts Butter Bar, Field Green, Apricot Shadow Ink for the stamping over right side of page. 
Since I am an avid card-maker, my layout's scale tends to be small with tiny embellishments.  I really love this challenge as it prompted me to go BIG! I adore the large flowers from the indie bloom collections. The gorgeous mix of colors really enhance the photo of my daughter! Stephanie's photo was taken while we vacationed in Lake Louise (Alberta) last summer! My son David did a great job in taking this lovely photo!

Thank you for the visit!

29 comments:

CanadianScraps43 said...

Wow Virginia your layout is beautiful. Such pretty flowers and your daughter sure is a stunning gal. So happy to hear that you are back into scrapbooking. It is one of the things that made me fall in love with papercrafting and today I am back into it again. Just like you. Congrats on being apart of the scrapbooking clan again. LOl.

Bethany said...

Beautiful layout Virginia! Your son really did a wonderful job taking the photo-its beautiful!

I love the layout-very pretty!
The colors you used are SO pretty!

Barb said...

Virginia, you are getting so good at scrapbooking! What a beautiful layout this is - love that photo of Stephanie! All the flowers and colors are fabulous too! Well done, my friend! :)

Isha said...

Beautiful page for your pretty daughter Virginia. Love it:)

Cathy A said...

Wow Virginia this is a stunning page showing Stephanie, love the big bold flowers

Alice Wertz said...

such a beautiful photo and page, Virginia! love the cut out flower!

Maureen Morton said...

Such a lovely memory, Virginia! And, for such a lovely girl. This is a real gift of love - lots of sweet colors and details. Super special, like you!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This LO is beautiful!!! I love the flowers you fussy cut and you are right the colors really bring out the colors in the picture! Love your title too!
Lisa

Lindsey said...

This is beautiful, Virginia.

Kathy Martin said...

Wow! Your daughter is beautiful as well as your page! You can do pages too! ;)

Simone said...

This is such a beautiful photo of Stephanie and a stunning layout!! Love those big colourful blooms! Love seeing your gorgeous layouts V! :)

yyam said...

Such a gorgeous pic...and beautifully scrapped! I love the blooms and the pretty colours!

So glad you're into scrapbooking...you've such an awesome style...the transition should be easy...looking forward to the multi-photo layout and handwritten journaling!

Lynn said...

She is absolutely lovely. This is such a fabulous layout Virginia...and the best part is the gorgeous photo of your daughter. I can feel your love for her in this layout.

Deb said...

Funny, I never did notice that your layouts are 1 photo. They are super fabulous and I enjoy seeing what you create. Beautiful flowers!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! What a beautiful LO! LOVE the papers and the sentiments--FAB FAB FAB!

Linda R said...

WOW! I am loving this page.. That photo is fabulous. Such pretty cut out flowers..

Hope you have a happy week my friend..

Melissa Shea said...

Well, I would have never know you were not also a scrapbooker if you had not been sharing that w/ us b/c your LO's are gorgeous! I love the Indie line and I love how you cut out the bold flowers! Beautiful daughter too btw!

AnitaRex said...

This is a lovely LO! I like how you cut out the flowers! They look like stickers! Love your stamping and that photo really is lovely!

Crystalena82 said...

This is gorgeous! And, I know what you mean by being intimidated or nervous about the layouts! I found this gal named Shimelle Laine who does tons of layouts and has videos that are easy to follow and helpful. In the series "4X6 Photo Love" she goes through and scrapbooks one layout per month, adding an extra photo to each layout. It is fun. That might be a start to finding layout ideas. Sure helped me! And, it helped me be more laid back and forgiving regarding my layouts, too. :) Best of luck and keep up the beautiful work!

BabyBokChoy said...

Such a beautiful page, she is so gorgeous!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous layout featuring the lovely Stephanie, Virginia! Just love all the flowers!!

Brenda said...

A fabulous layout Virginia and a very beautiful daughter!

Karen from MI said...

What a LOVELY layout, Virginia. Stephanie must have LOVED this when you shared it with her. Your design and color choice are IMPECCABLE!!! :) SO INSPIRING!!
Love, Karen

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh yes she is indeed!!!
and so is your page my Friend!!
Absolutely GORGEOUS!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Beautiful layout, beautiful daughter, beautiful you!

Julie Hoffman said...

Beautiful layout and your daughter is so beautiful too! Well done! I Love this!!

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous Stephanie layout! I love the bold flowers and beautiful mix of colors!

Karen said...

just a gorgeous page and a gorgeous daughter..

Lisa Arana said...

Gorgeous photo and a great layout.