Friday, April 27, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays #50

Our sponsor: SRM Stickers  
  Challenge:  Flowers

Are you liking the new  CAS-ual Fridays blog banners? It's so perfect for this time of the year! And guess what? The theme for this week is all about flowers and trees! YAY!

For those who enter the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge on a regular basis, I thank you for taking the time to make cards for this challenge. Please know that EVERY entry is a winner in my book! There are simply so many fabulous entries week after week, we DT have a hard time to pick favorites. I know I say this often, but I feel compelled to say it again (because....trust me...I had been there!). If you did not win the (or any) challenge, you know you have had a good PRACTICE. And during this creating process, it just makes you and I a MUCH better card-maker! Hope that gives you a little boost of confidence and I do hope that you have FUN in creating!
edited: Here are some invaluable tips and insights from Paper Crafts Trend editor Cath. Her advice on how to create a winning Challenge project are spot on. And so it happens that she use one of my coffee flower card as an example!!

Here is my take with flowers and SRM Stickers! For the supplies for this card, please click on the photo and it will take you to my Flickr photo stream. You can see the details there!
spring in the air

So what do you think? ANYONE can make a card with flowers!! Please link up your project by Wednesday, May 4th, Midnight Eastern Time over CAS-ual Fridays! I can't wait to see your flower/tree project!

29 comments:

Donna C. said...

Where is the brown cardstock from? I love the color.

Virginia L. said...

Hi Donna, The brown card stock/kraft paper is from Michael's. I know there are way better kind of kraft card stock. But I find this line (Recollections) are VERY good for its value ($4 for a pack of 150?). For starters, it's definitely a great "investment"!Hope this helps!

Barb said...

I really love your bright, happy flowers, Virginia - they put a smile on my face! Love that sentiment too! Darling card, my friend! :)

Dawn said...

I've not long got that set of stamps and dies but haven't use them yet. This card is just lovely Virginia and it really inspires me to get them out

Piali said...

Lovely card!!

yyam said...

Ooooh...this is sooooo pretty! :)

yyam said...

Ooooh...this is sooooo pretty! :)

Suzanne Russell said...

This card needs a subtitle: Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! Thanks for the inspiration!

Mary said...

Love your flower it is very pretty...

Kara Lynne said...

I love your words of encouragement! Great card, too - such cheerful colors.

Bethany said...

Wow Virginia! I'm glad I found someone else who loves to use Recollections cardstock! I think the price is great and the quality is wonderful :)
Your card is so pretty! I love the flowers and the colors :)

Gayatri said...

Beautiful and Bold card. Love the clear big font of the sentiment too. Love your card, Virigina!

Angi said...

Adorable flowers. I really love that cute little birdie too. :)

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so pretty, Virginia! I sure wish the flowers were blooming in place of the flurries we're having today!

Annette said...

So pretty...love the kraft background...really makes the images pop...this collection is just so fun...Great card Virginia...

cnelson said...

This could not be CUTER! LOVE!

Chunyuan said...

Beautiful card. Your coffee filter flower card is one of my favorite of yours. Did you see my coffee filter butterflies inspired by your card?

Chunyuan said...

Thanks for the inspiration.

Linda R said...

Ohhhh.. What a pretty card.. Happy Friday my friend..

Hugs~

Karen B. said...

Great card Virginia! So glad that I could be part of a team that you are on, to share the journey with you. YOU are an amazing designer!

Alice Wertz said...

so so adorable!! darling card, Virginia!! must play with this challenge some time! LOVE your card!

Lindsey said...

This is just so bright and cheery! Love how the die-cut flowers pop against the kraft. C'mon, spring! :)

Christina said...

Oh, this is such a happy card! Those are the sweetest flowers, and I love the way the stamped stem looks on the kraft.

Anita Recksiedler said...

Such a pretty card, love how you've used the stamps and dies Virginia! And I see stamp kissing! And good pep talk my friend!

Sarah C said...

I love this card! You flowers are so happy and summery :-) Super, super cute!

Lisa Arana said...

perfectly darling. adore the sweetness of this card.

Jackie Rockwell said...

So whimsical and fresh! The flowers really pop against the kraft paper! Really CUTE card!!!

Jenny said...

Love those fun colourful die cut blooms and the kraft really makes them even more vibrant :0)
Jenny x

Lisa said...

This card just makes me smile Virginia...super cute!!