Friday, April 6, 2012

Scraplifting a Page!

Have you tried scraplifting a layout!? Well, today I am sharing a page I scraplifted!. I was inspired by this page (see Basic Grey Susan Weinroth's page ). 
Isn't this page darling? I love how Susan used the heart shapes and stitching! So I took those lovely  features and made it my own.
you did it!
This photo was taken on my daughter Stephanie's Graduation day in June 2011. After she took off her cap and gown, we snapped this happy photo of her and David. It was such a joyful, triumphant moment. 
 I used circles and incorporated stamping and faux stitching
Tip for the faux stitching, I paper-pieced the holes with Tim Holtz Ruler ( it comes with holes), then I connected the holes with black and white pen alternately. This really gives a stitched look without all the work (score!). I also cut out the bold and bright flowers from the collection (Out of Print) to add some extra pizzazz to the circles.
Supplies: 
Pattern paper: Basic Grey (Out of Print, Basic White) 
Inks ( TH Distress Ink-Broken China, Hero Arts- Butter Bar, Punch)
Stamps: Hero Arts ( You Are The Best)
Tools: Spellbinders (Circles), SRM Stickers (Graduation sentiment-you did it), Tim Holtz Ruler  and Making Memories Paper -piercer

*I am entering this layout for Simon Says Stamp Challenge (Use Your Favorite Tool). I love Tim Holtz Ruler! ( Tim sure rules in paper-crafting world!)

So there you have it!  I think I have caught the scrapbooking bug lately! It's kind of nice for a change. Lastly, I want to mention that I have a card published in the latest Paper Crafts May/June 2012 Digital version (meaning you can only see it through computer access--not in paper)!
If you are already a subscriber to the magazine, you have the printed issue and full access to all the cards in digital version. You can also subscribe the digital version here ( $13.97 US for one-year subscription , under the tab "magazine").
Thank you for stopping by!

21 comments:

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

woo hoo!!! Congrats! I just got mine in the mail so I can't wait to find it! Love your LO by the way!
Lisa

Annette said...

Congratulations on your publication...Your layout is so amazing...love those circles with those fun flowers..

Lindsey said...

Fab layout, Virginia! Off I go to find your May/June card!

Lin said...

That is such a sweet picture of them, and a wonderful memory you've preserved of that special day! Love the layout!
And thanks for the nice comment over at MFW FB today!! Again, I would have missed it, so thanks!

Simone said...

Virginia this is absolutely gorgeous! Love seeing your layouts just as much as your beautiful cards! Congrats on your publication as well! :)

Chunyuan said...

what a sweet layout. Congrats on being published.

joy said...

Love this pretty layout, Virginia. The out of print paper is perfect for this happy occasion. Great picture of your kids; they are so very photogenic - just like you!!!

MarcyK924 said...

I always say you have such a beautiful family and I love how you show them in your pages! Fabulous layout, V!! Love the framing work you did with the pictures!

I just got my magazine yesterday and haven't read it yet, but now I can't wait to see it! Congrats sweetie! Hugs, Marcy

Julie Hoffman said...

I love this LO! Thanks for the tip on the faux stitching! Fabulous photo frame with your journaling - love it! I need to catch the scrapping bug too!

Tenia Nelson said...

I love this awesome layout and yay on being published!!!

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness.. This is all kinds of gorgeous. I love, love, love it!

cnelson said...

Congrats on the pub!! Love this lo...those fabby little circles and the way you framed the pic...LOVE!

Anita Recksiedler said...

Hi Virginia! WOW I love this LO! I think it's your best yet! Love the circles with the faux stitching and those flowers cut from the paper! I think you should frame this one and put it up! :> Congrats on the Pub!!! :>

Christina said...

Love how you took some ideas from Susan's layout and made them your own. The stitching looks fabulous, and I love how you framed the photo with the journaling!

Isha said...

Love this sweet LO Virginia. Love how you were inspired by:) TFS

alexandra s.m. said...

Congrats for the publication Virginia!
I love your page! Amazing details and such a sweet picture!!

Have a great Easter!

Alice Wertz said...

so much work went into this one. love your take on the challenge and that is a beautiful photo! fabulous work as always and yay! for another pub! =)

Brenda said...

Congrats on your recent publication Virginia! I just saw it today when I subscribed to the digital copy! I have to say that I really love your version of this layout! Those circles are super fun and I love the frame around the photo with the journalling added to it!
Have a wonderful Easter Sunday!

Joy said...

Love your take on Susan's layout, just stunning... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Linda R said...

Such an amazing LO. I love your take on it.. Congrats on being published. that is such good news!!

Hugs, Linda

Elizabeth Allan said...

Your layouts are pure magic Virginia!