Thursday, April 5, 2012

Use Stamps Creatively!

Hello there! I hope you are having a great week/day so far. I have two cards to share today. First let's start with an awesome You Tube video called The Piano Guys that I subscribe to. There is so much JOY in this video. I think we should find joys around us whether it's big or small! You can certainly feel it through the music here! (I love the disco part...in the video!)
PS: I once broke my daughter's cello...and I didn't even try these stunts in this video!

 Isn't this video a beautiful thing? I think that's how I felt about card-making (LOL)!!

Now let's get to the cards....
 The two cards here are from the same set (Bold Pop Designs), but with some creativity, you can use the stamps in so many creative ways and achieve in a total different look!

 First one is a sunshine card. I wanted to emphasize the sun ray and thought the large flower diecut from Bold Pop Designs CAN be the large sun image that I was looking for (ding!!). I then paired up the sun image with this Right At Home set. This fits the theme over Sunshine and Shower Challenge over Hero Arts. I think the large flower sun kind of worked, huh?
thinking of you
 It's always fun when you can think of ways to use one stamp for multiple images/purposes. I strongly encourage you to examine your stamps and see if you can paired them up in a creative way. Use this set with that set...and use that with another....etc. It truly is a fun "exercise"!

The 2nd card was the one I made for the Day 1 celebration week over A Blog Named Hero. I chose my two favorite OLD and NEW stamps, namely the Background Scallop Circle and Bold Pop Designs. And in this case, I used the smaller flower from the set. The Background Scallop Circle was embossed and cut out. I also incorporated the Basic Grey's Indie Bloom into the design. 
big hugs

I love the bright colors and contrast of this card.The added scored lines give the flower a more defined look. 

Thank you for giving me your feedback tirelessly.  I realized that my blog is close to reach 500 followers. Do I know where my blog is going? Not really! I take it as one post at a time and just enjoy sharing my JOYS with you. How's that!?  
I had said it before and I have to say it again....
 YOU make me want to be a better blogger/card-maker!

27 comments:

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Thanks for the video! So happy.
And lovely cards too. I want that flower stamp and diecut.

Nancy said...

Loved the video, thanks for sharing! Love your cards too....lots of sunshine and cheer in this post.

Simone said...

Virginia these are absolutely gorgeous! Love how you used those stamps in different ways! Your creativity is always inspiring :)

ScrappyV said...

Virginia Lu, you are out of control! You are making so many great cards, blogging every day, design teams, awesome mom....you are amazeballs! Rock on, lady!

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful cards and thanks for sharing a great video! I really love your flowery sun!

Tammy said...

Two great cards! Love the scene you created on the first one!

Mary said...

Love your cards...very pretty...Video is great...

Bethany said...

wow-I really love the 2nd card Virginia! You are very talented :)

Rachel said...

Thank you so much for posting this video! I was laughing out loud at some of it, and the music is amazing. I love to hear fun and interesting arrangements...quite a beautiful instrument! Both your cards are great, too! Love that flower as a sun - very smart. :)

Lin said...

That video was a great way to start my morning - thank, Virginia! Joy is the word I've chosen to live by, and it comes through loud and clear on your blog, too! Love your interpretation of the HA challenge this month!

gRiSeL™ said...

LOL! hahaha! What a fun video!!! I have watched other videos from these guys and I think I'll subscribe to their channel!!! I second your opinion--this is me and card making--SO happy together! hahahah! (: I love your cards, Virginia, especially the one with the house!! I LOVE creating scenes on my cards!!! GORGEOUS work as always!! (:

MarcyK924 said...

Beautiful video, V, thanks for sharing! I always love to find the nice surprises when I come to your blog! And your cards made me smile BIG! So fun and colorful! Hugs, Marcy

Laura B. said...

LOVE this cello video! I would love a CD of all his music, so fun! Your cards are always so fresh and fun, crisp and creative. Is that enough adjectives, yet. How about trendy and terrific, too:)

Melanie said...

Virginia, you are so fun! I love The Piano Guys, too. Awesomeness!

The flower as the sun? Genius! You share so much inspiration. Thanks :)

Maureen Morton said...

There's always a happy surprise here with you, Virginia! Love the great graphic style and pop of these cards - love the colors, too. Thanks for all you share.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Funny video, still LOL about it. :) I adore the sunshine on the first card and the 2nd card is so colorful and happy too! Wonderful creations!

Chunyuan said...

thanks for sharing the video. Love your cards, so bright and fresh full with creativity.

Linda R said...

What a great video. It had me smiling.. And your card Has such a happy feel to it. It also has me smiling.

Hugs, Linda

Kathy Martin said...

Eek! LOVE your house card with that happy sun and adorable clouds!!! :)

Annette said...

thanks for sharing the video...your cards are so amazing...I love that little house with the clouds...so cute..

Lindsey said...

Oh yeah, almost 00 followers! Way to go, Virginia!
You BROKE a cello? Wow. :P
And finally... two great cards today!

Sue McRae said...

Your house scene is so charming (fab sun) and I totally love the cello video, it made me happy!

Jen W. said...

Love your flower/sunshine, especially the popped up centre. :)

Lisa Arana said...

double cuties. keep on with the fabby cards girlie... i love all your inspiration.

Anita Recksiedler said...

Virginia this is a very clever card! I love how you used the flower as a sun! Super Super smart! :> And love your card from ABNH! So pretty and I like the colors! OH and Ariel and I enjoyed the cello video! :> How did you break your dd's cello????

Alice Wertz said...

congrats on the milestone, V!! you ROCK!! =) love the sweet scene you created for the first card and the flower sun is perfect! love the mix of patterns on your second card. very bold and beautiful!

Debstamps said...

Hi Virginia! I was just catching up on your blog and wanted to thank you for the Piano Guys video! What a great team of people--our family just enjoyed an hour of their music and are heading off to bed with happy music leading the way! Spreading joy is one of your many talents friend!