Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Using Solid Paper for Scrapbooking/Card-making

It's scrapbooking time! I am taking up the Basic Grey's Weekly Challenge Using Solid Papers Only. I know I am pattern paper-challenged, so this is actually an easier one for me! 

Unfortunately I do not have any 12x12 Basic Grey solid Paper on hand ( note to myself-->I should stock up some), but I do have a few 6x6 BG paper pads. I chose two sheets of 6x6 and combined both for my page. Since the colors are so rich and vibrant, it provides the perfect backdrop for my daughter Stephanie's grad photo.
Graduation
This page came rather easily. I did some embossing for the background in white with Formula Fun  (on the left) and Alphabet Pattern  (on the right).  All paper are from the Hello Luscious collection. The vellum (with the word"discover" is a piece of re-purposed cloth tag). ALL of the sentiment in this post are from SRM Stickers . They are absolutely perfect for the layouts and card-making!
While I am still on the subject of solid paper, I also made a card based on the the following sketch (details here ).
I decided not to use flowers for the sketch. Hot-air balloons (embossed in white on Basic Grey solid color paper) look kind of cool ,huh? After making the card, I realized the balloons are not quite exactly placed as the sketch! Oh well...they are hot air balloons. I can't quite control them!
you're a shinning star!
Recently I was approached to have my scrapbook page to be published an on-line magazine. Have you heard of Scrap N' Art Online Magazine ? Well, my page will be out on May 1st! This is the first on-line pub with a scrapbook layout! I am kind of excited!!
 Hope you have a great day!

21 comments:

Bethany said...

I love the layout and card Virginia! The layout is very pretty-and I love the card! Very lovely :) Have a nice day.

Melissa Shea said...

I knew your pages were fabulous! Congrats on the pub! I love design, the blocks of colors-and you still stamped a lot!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia your layouts are designed with phenomenal creativity! Fabulous card too!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love your LO! Congrats on being published in the online mag. Also, I think your card is perfect! The embossed hot air balloons are awesome!

Susan F. said...

Oh my word, I can't get over the elegance of the balloons! Wonderful layout and card.

Wee Von said...

What a great layout. You added just the perfect amount of embellisments. The card is adorable, I love the the hot air balloons. They are beautful even if flying on thier own. He he.
Congrats on getting published. I will be looking forward to reading the article.

Vicky said...

Oh! Another gorgeous scrapbook layout! Love all the embossing, stamping and Stephanie's smile! Your card with the hot-air balloons is also adorable and what a great take on the sketch! TFS!

Jocelyn Olson said...

That is so awesome that your LO is going to be published! Yeah! I LOVE how you showed the stamping on cardstock...very cool! Your Create card is AMAZING! I *love* it!! Thanks for your message about the SR HM. :) *hugs*

alexandra s.m. said...

Congratulation Virginia!!!
I love them both!!

Greetings from the Alps <3

Alice Wertz said...

love all the stamped details on your layout and that card is so cheery and fun! congrats on the online pub, too! you ROCK, girl!

Anita Recksiedler said...

Hi Virginia! :> Love this LO! First for me the picture is always the most important! Stephanie looks so beautiful and happy here! Love all the stamping and the colors you have chosen! :> And so happy that your getting a page in an online pub! So cool! Feels great since it's your first page right?

cheiron said...

Great layout and great stamps you used here! Congrats on your publication!

Annette said...

wow great layout and amazing card...

natashakara said...

WOW! this LO is gorgeous! I absolutely love what you did withit. Also great card. And congrats on your on-line publication :) Can't wait to see it :)

Cindy C. said...

Happy to learn the exciting news, you on-line publication Virginia! Congrats! BTW lovely card and LO!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE the embossing on the LO--and esp. the photo! Great design all around:) And your card is SUPER cute! LOVE those little hot air balloons!

Glenda J said...

This is fabulous Virginia! Love everything about it!
Congrats on the shout out at Create!

Tammy said...

Fabulous take on the sketch V!!!
I made a card for this, but never got around to emailing Paige for the CARDS blog :(
Will you be at Scrapfest tomorrow??

Brenda said...

Fabulous! Those papers are gorgeous. Love all those sentiments! Maybe I need to try SRM stickers. They had a few at Archivers once upon a time but I did not see them the other day!

chilli pip said...

what a stunning picture of your daughter , she looks sooo happy.
Love the way you have combined letters and formulas. a very clever layout.

Katie said...

The card is beautiful and will be featured on my blog this week or next. Congrats too on the magazine!