Friday, April 20, 2012

Virginia's View Challenge #4

If you come for CAS-ual Friday's post, please see the link under the blog banners (this is my 2nd post for the day).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi all, welcome to Lily Pad Card's Virginia's View Challenge #4 (details here ).  Our generous sponsor is Letraset  who provided us DT markers for this project. How timely that we have this colorful photo to inspire us! Hope you like the photo as much as I do! I love the shades of colors and light in this photo. I think that's what makes the Poppy flowers so spectacular! 


Based on the inspiration photo, I chose to stamp some flowers of my own even though I have 2 sets of Poppy flower stamps. With some masking and brush water-coloring, this card came together rather easily! Letraset markers are alcohol-based and they blended really easily. The 12 markers sell for 22 British Pound (equivalent to $35 US). The price is quite reasonable!
just saying hello
It is a bittersweet time to say that this will be the last Virginia's View Challenge over Lily Pad as I simply have too much on my plate. I will, however, keep this challenge concept in mind and perhaps host a challenge or two in my own blog just for fun. So it's definitely not over on my part!

I hope you get creative and come play with us! You can make a card or project based on the colors, the design or the garden theme....anything your heart desires! This is a two week challenge, so there is plenty of time! I can't wait to see what you create! 

Happy Stamping! 

29 comments:

Dawn said...

Goodness me Virginia... what a stunning inspiration photo, and what an awesome card. Sad to hear this is the last challenge over at Lily pad Cards... but we don't want you to get burnt out...

Donna Bowman said...

Such a bright and fun card Virginia! Love how you masked the flowers to make the design!!

Eve said...

what a beautiful inspiration picture, and your card is absolutely gorgeous, Virginia! I just luv it! :) oh have a great weekend! :-)

joy said...

The photo is stunninly beautiful and I love your interpretation, Virginia!

So sorry that this will be the last Virginia's View! But, I am in awe of you and so many others who are able to keep up with design teams, challenges, the Flickr group, your blog and commenting on other blogs. It is very time consuming and I, for one, appreciate how much work you put forth in all of your endeavors. Thank you for your inspiration and your kindness to everyone!!

Vicky said...

Love that photo! And your card is gorgeous. So sad to see you go from Lily Pad Cards DT but I am sure this will get you even more creative ;)
Hugs!

Laura B. said...

Love this watercolor marker technique! So beautiful!

Bethany said...

Very pretty card Virginia...I SO can't wait to play along!
:)

Wida said...

I am a loyal follower, where you go I go! Not sure how I will make magic with this delicious photo, but I'm going to give it a go! I sound British, but I'm from Ohio! Ha!

Barb said...

To say that I will miss you over in the pond is an understatement - I have so enjoyed being on the team with you, my friend!

I loved this photo the minute you showed it to us, and your card is simply delightful! Hugs to you and happy weekend! :)

Maureen Morton said...

This is so lovely Virginia - I love the softness and the white. Beautiful watercolor effect - everything is great! I was worried that you were doing too much, you are too important to too many! Take care dear gal.

cnelson said...

BEA*U*TI*FUL!!! LOVE those poppies!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

ohhh love your view and your take on it! Can't wait to play!
Lisa

Lindsey said...

Now I'm _really_ regretting not buying the Hero Arts poppy stamp set! But I also like how you skipped that obvious direction and used the flower stamp you did. Very pretty.

Elizabeth Allan said...

The flowers are so beautiful tumbling from one edge of the card to the other!

Jennifer said...

Virginia, this is beautiful! The colors are so bright and cheery (and I love that you didn't just go straight to the poppy stamps and took a slightly different approach!)! I always look forward to your posts! :)

Christina said...

Beautiful coloring! The minimal embellishment really lets these gorgeous flowers take center stage.

Linda R said...

What a pretty inspirational photo. And your card is so pretty. Looks like spring my friend..

Hugs~

Karen B. said...

I hear ya on having a lot on your plate, but I think you keep everything in stride. I will most definitely be playing along! What a beautiful card you've created, I adore the soft centers.

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, love this gorgeous, colorful card--love that you stamp the flowers in different colors. Awesome job. Your inspirational photo is gorgeous.

Melissa Shea said...

just lovely! I'm sad to see the challenge go but happy you were able to prioritize before it was just "yucky" :)

Annette said...

this looks amazing...you are so great with color...love these flowers...

have a great weekend..

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! LOVE those flowers--the white edges and how you spread a bit of color in the center! AMAZING:)

Mary said...

Beautiful card...Love it....

Cris said...

Love the way you colored those flowers! Beautiful cards!

chrystinanoel.com said...

I like the indents where the ribbon is!!

Alice Wertz said...

such beautiful colors. gorgeous card, V!! LOVE!

Anette said...

Gorgeous flowers!!!

Karen said...

LOVE it...so bright and fun...

Brenda said...

Love this card and the little notches on the sides are a good idea. Sorry to hear that this challenge is stopping so soon, but you have to determine your own priorities hey! Hugs, Brenda