Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Damask and Brocade Challenge

I am sharing a card with the Damask theme today. The inspiration came from the latest Challenge over Moxie Fab World (details here ). What is damask, you'd ask? According to the dictionary,

damask:
1. patterned fabric: a reversible fabric, usually of cotton, linen, or silk, with a pattern woven into it.
It is used especially for table linen.
2. table linen: table linen made from damask

Just search the word "damask" in Pinterest, you'll see tons and tons of inspiration! 
Merci
I decided to pair it up with rich and bold pattern paper from Basic Grey (indie bloom). It seems to be the trend lately that I tend to use bright and vibrant colors in my cards (at least a lovely blog friend Wida noticed that).  I guess it is kind of true, huh? Here in this card, I did the white embossing, then tied a bow with the Martha Stewart Seam Binding, voila!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

31 comments:

Lalo said...

No Dr. John die-cutting thoughts today huh? Love all the bright things on your blog and I'm digging the rich and bold side too!!!

Nona said...

Oh, this is so rich and elegant, Virginia! Beautiful choice of colors and love the white embossed damask pattern.

donna mikasa said...

Bold, and oh, so beautiful! I love the vibrant colors and that gorgeous bow! Very elegant, Virginia!

Laura B. said...

Love it! So bold and vibrant!

yyam said...

Super classy! Bold and beautiful! ;)

Dawn said...

gorgeous rich card Virginia. Such fabulous damask stamp.

Lynn said...

Bold and absolutely gorgeous!

Joy said...

I love the depth of colours on this card Virginia, and the little addition of seam binding is perfect..hugs

Lin said...

Love this bold design!

Kara Lynne said...

What a bold, fresh damask! Love the choice of background paper as well.

Maureen Morton said...

Elegance personified (and you can look that up, too - ha!). Love the bold and classy style of this gem, Virginia. Amazing how well the image goes with the patterned paper. Striking.

cnelson said...

WOWZERS!!!!! LOVE this! Absolutely GORGEOUS!

Angi said...

Gorgeous! Love the color too!

Annette said...

this is gorgeous Virginia..

Kathy (krolski) said...

Trying to catch up on my favorite blogs. Beautiful card! Love Dr. John's suggestions too. heehee! :)

Laura Jane said...

LOVE the ORANGE!

Susan F. said...

That is very different and quite beautiful.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Wonderful bold and rich design!

Anita Rex said...

So pretty! I love the embossing! Absolutely striking! :>

Trinh said...

Ooh, I love your dramatic design, Virginia! The color combo is genius.

Linda R said...

Absolutely gorgeous.. I just love it. I don't need to go to pinterest for inspiration.. I will come right here.

Hugs~

Brenda said...

I must say that I do like these colors a lot Virginia!

Lindsey said...

These colours work perfectly for this bold damask design!

Sheila H said...

Lovely!

Jennifer said...

Virginia, this is stunning! I always love your bold colors -- I am certainly drawn to them too! :)

The contrast of the white embossing is perfect!!

Karen from MI said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!! I LOVE this card, Virginia!! You sure EXCEL at card design and color combos. xoxox

Lisa Arana said...

love that bold damask design. just stunning.

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh this is just so ... delicious!!! Those colors rock! And the white embossing is superb with that detailed stamp.

Karen said...

how beautiful....

Bethany said...

such a pretty card Virginia! I love the colors and the pretty bow!

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful colors and wonderful take on the challenge. very pretty card, V!!