Saturday, May 5, 2012

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!

 This is my impromptu layout/post today....because it's National Scrapbooking Day!!

I made this layout to celebrate this special occasion (insert a smile). I used my go-to products--Basic Grey (hello luscious) and Hero Arts (Delicate Leaves Clusters (see here ). 
[the Great Outdoor]
 I used my favorite SRM Stickers for the journaling. This layout was prompted by the challenge over Basic Grey Blog.This page came rather easily once I picked out the photo.

 For cutting the "banners"-like paper strips, I used a small circle punch to make the cut. It was super easy since I don't have to worry whether I cut the cut paper evenly or not. (Note: square punch will work perfectly, but I do not own any!) I also applied some Target Washi tape for extra colors and interest. The large (12"x12") white paper has some textures, I lightly brushed the edges with my newly purchased Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint (Antique Linen). This photo was taken during our summer vacation at Lake Louise last year. The kids and Dr. John did some canoeing at the lake. It's too bad that I couldn't join them as I injured my back at the time! Glad to have this photo to share though!

There is still lots of time to enter the challenge over Basic Grey (enter by May 11). Hope this prompts you to make a page or two...and don't forget that Shop-Inspiration Challenge is still on for another two weeks (see link under the blog banners). I hope you can play the challenges!

24 comments:

Angie Blom said...

wow.. this is gorgeous Virginia!! I love it all!!

La Vikinga said...

Great LO with vivid colours! I like it!

Charlotta / La Vikinga

Barb said...

I love the way this all came together, Virginia! Using the small circle punch to create the banner strips was so clever, and the added paint around the edges looks awesome! Love these colors and that darling photo of your kids too!

Michelle said...

Virginia, I love this layout! I'm not a scrapbooker, but your page has inspired me to think about creating one of my own! I love your stamping framing the photo, so pretty! And those banners are too cute with their circle bottoms. :-)

Tammy said...

Fabulous layout Virginia!! Love the layered stamped leaves!

Cindy C. said...

Gorgeous LO Virginia! The stamping around the photo so beautiful, and I love the way you trim the paper strips!

alexandra s.m. said...

I love it Virginia!
what a gorgeous page!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

What a wonderful LO Virginia! Love the banners and the brushed edges. The photo is adorable too!

Kara Lynne said...

I thought the edges came on the paper! Such a beautiful page to highlight this wonderful picture. Love the paper banners and your leaf stamping!

Piali said...

GORGEOUS Layout!!! Looooooove the stamping....really beautiful!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!!

Anita Recksiedler said...

Your getting better and better at scrapbooking Virginia! Wow so love this layout! I love the banners at the bottom! Fabulous picture!

Dawn said...

Fabulous LO Virginia. Love the pretty PP banners

Debbie Carriere said...

Gorgeous, Virginia!! Love your scrapbooking style!

Lindsey said...

Your colours are perfect for this photo!

Nancy said...

love, love, love this page, V!! oh my, that photo is wonderful and you've showcased it perfectly!

Bethany said...

Very pretty Virginia! I love how the paper strips are "hanging" from the photo...really neat :)

Karen from MI said...

FAVORITE!! FAVORITE!! FAVORITE!! DO I NEED TO SAY, MORE?????? OK, AMAZING!! AMAZING!! AMAZING!! I just LOVE this layout........design, color, EVERYTHING!! You've outdone yourself on this one, Virginia!! SUBMIT it to a publication, NOW!! :) Love, Karen

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia your layouts are the best!!

Lisa Arana said...

your layouts are pure genius! love!

Alice Wertz said...

love how you created the banner tails and how you framed the photo. super layout!

Mariana Grigsby said...

Amazing picture and amazing layout! I love it!

chrystinanoel.com said...

I can't believe I missed national scrapbooking day, I also can't believe that you don't have a square punch....

Linda Beeson said...

Gasp! This is fabulous! I want to do that!