Thursday, May 31, 2012

Trending...from Dr. John!

 After my hexagon post (see here),  Dr. John got thinking again. He came up to me while I was trying to balance the check book...

Dr. John: Hey, do you know what will be the next trend?
Virginia: What do you mean...(trying to do the Math--grrrrrrr)
Dr. John: Well, after the Hexagon fad is over, what will be the next one?
Virginia: Huh?? There is a new one!? 
Dr. John: No, the new trendy shape!
Virginia...uh...I know...Triangle?
Dr. John: no...too boring!
Virginia: hmmm.... Octagon? It's sexy
Dr. John: It's too easy! 
Virginia: Easy!?... Well, just. tell. me. then.... (losing my "cool" here)
Dr. John: .....Pentagon!
Virginia: What? Pentagon? Why?
Dr. John: Pentagon is actually hard to cut with scissors! It has an odd number of sides, so you definitely need a die cut for that.
Virginia: well, then go and invent one!
Dr. John: All you have to do is snap off the hood ornament from an old Chrysler....run it through the Cuttlebug...all set! (he said it with a cheeky face)! 
Virginia:....bahahhahha!!
 Here is another card for "Spatter Technique Challenge" over Moxie Fab World.
DSC_0007
I used a large heart-shaped diecut as a mask and added the splattering red acrylic paint. The stamp set I used is Friend-You're the Best from Hero Arts. The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn's you've got mail.

(source-Pinterest)
 I hope Dr. John's "trending" makes you smile! Actually he made me laugh really really hard! ....and you never know, he could be right ;)
edited: found out my zig zag card was featured in Hero Arts Social Club today .What a pleasant surprise!

32 comments:

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

LOL! Dr. John may br right! It would be cute to have little house themed stamps to use with our pentagon dies....hmmmmm....something to think about! :)

Vic Lau said...

hehehe...you and Dr. John have amusing conversations. Thanks for sharing. It did make me smile :)

I liked the masking technique you used for your card.

Laura B. said...

You guys should have a comedy act! Too funny! Pentagon! He might just be right! Love your splatter card! So cute!

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness -- cracking me up! What will he think of next?!?

(Seriously -- you might want to keep your eye on your Cuttlebug -- no telling what kind of damage a hood ornament could actually do!!! :)

Really great card -- I think you've officially mastered the splatter technique!!

Dawn said...

LOL Dr John is really a hoot.... lovely card Virginia. Love your splatters.

onecraftymama said...

Well, he's really got a point...you definitely couldn't easily cut pentagons by hand. lol! If they do happen to become massively trendy, we'll know who to blame (CREDIT! I mean CREDIT!) lol :)
Love the spatters on your card! and the perfect gems in the sentiment :)

Lynn said...

Seriously...he probably will be right! That is too funny!!

Love the gorgeous detail on the embossed heart!

Annette said...

your husband is too funny....I love how you used the acrylic paint on this card...the affect you got is amazing...

Barb said...

I think Dr. John's got something there! A pentagon would be awesome, especially if it had a star in the middle! :)

Love your pretty card, V! Hugs! :)

Kerry said...

People with old Chryslers better look out! :) I love how you left blank space around the heart here. Lovely card!

Dwita said...

Lol. This conversation and the other one really made me laugh. What a thoughtful person Dr. John is.. I bet your home is full of humor, happy and happy. Lovely card, Virginia. Thanks for stopping by in my post in the blog.. ;D

Wida said...

I like that he gets into it sometimes. I vote triangles, but a I see his point! I am addicted to splatter too, each card looks like it has a different spatter, sometimes your splatter is long and narrow, sometimes fat and round. The splatter possibilies are endless!!

Dotty Jo said...

I'd love to be a fly on the wall over at your place! Jo x

Kristen said...

Congrats on the win!

cnelson said...

I think Dr. John has something there...hmmmm. Love your beautiful card!! Congrats on the feature!

Julie Hoffman said...

Beautiful card and use of the splatter technique! Love your conversation about the next big shape - LOL.

Kara Lynne said...

He's right! Not so easy to create a pentagon by our crafty selves. That's one we would really want to buy. I like how you masked this card, your spatter technique is great. Congrats on the zig zag card feature!

Jenny said...

LOL hes too funny!!! Love it!! (: (:

Lalo said...

Okay first off congrats on the social club! Second that card looks fabulous!! and lastly I think Dr. John may be right!!! So making a pentagon card soon :)

Leni said...

Love the heart on your Card! congratulations on being featured at HA blog!

Maureen Morton said...

Another family chuckle....hope you didn't bounce a check in the process! We built a geodesic dome house in college - they are constructed of pentagons. Very strong. Love your card - I just can't spatter, but love the look (hate the mess).

Linda R said...

Thanks so much for the laugh today. Too funny.. I love your card..

Hugs~

Susan F. said...

The new card is cute. Thanks for a good laugh.

Lindsey said...

Pentagons -- HA!
What a pretty card today! Beautiful combination of embossing and splattering. Acrylic paint, hmm... :P

Anita Rex said...

What a creative card! I love Dr John's thinking! :> He made me laugh! Come to Scrapfest and bring him!

Arlene said...

Dr. John is thinking out of the pentagon! LOL... Funny story. You'll have to write a book.. really!

Rachel said...

That story made me literally laugh out loud! Just put a hood ornament through the Cuttlebug...SO funny!!

Lisa Arana said...

I like the way the good Dr. thinks! Hahaaha.

Super cute card, LOVE the splatters.

Angi said...

LOL Dr. John is sooo funny! Super fun card!

Suzanne C said...

Love Dr. John's humor! Let me know when the Dr. John Dies are available to order. I will put mine in now. :)

Gorgeous splatter card!

chrystinanoel.com said...

I hope he actually said Cuttlebug. Such a smart man. Also, I love the splattering technique!!

Alice Wertz said...

hee... looking forward to Dr. John's next trending prediction. do keep up posted on that, please! =) very pretty card, too. love the white embossed image and the tape is too fun! and congrats on being featured!! that is a fab card, girl! =)