Saturday, May 19, 2012

Tuesday Trigger in One Layer!

Today I am sharing a card with a double duty. I LOVE the Tuesday Trigger photo (details here )! 
Image like that just makes you instantly happy, doesn't it? And then I also wanted to play One Layer Wednesday (it's been a while!).... So I combined the two challenges and am now present you...Tuesday Trigger in One Layer (make sense now?)

For the One Layer Wednesday challenge #88 (details here), the challenge is to keep it small; you’re going to create a mini masterpiece. Your stamped image area has to be no larger than 2″ by 2″. You can add a sentiment outside that if you like. You can choose one stamp or a few stamps or mask off a 2″x2″ area. So here is what I did....I masked and stamped. 
THANK YOU
Here is a photo of "how I did it"! The hexagon measures 2"x2" and the image may appear larger since I used it on a small square card (4 1/2" x 4 1/2" ).
 I know the stamping is not perfect. But it was utterly an enjoyable exercise to come up with that little design!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

28 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

You sure did a good job with those Trigger colors! They are so bright! Great idea on your mask, I need to try that.

Laura B. said...

So delightful! Love it!

Gayatri said...

Beautiful layering of stamps, Virginia! So many layers yet one layer card. What a beauty? Love it.

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful take on the Trigger, and a one layered masterpiece as well! Have a crafty weekend, Virginia!

Heather Maria said...

Virginia, what a gorgeous card and it's such a great take on both challenges!

Michelle said...

Oh, Virginia, WOW!!!

Lynn said...

Doesn't have to be perfect to be fabulous. I love all the layering of the stamps.

Karen B. said...

You are amazing, I have been loving each and every one of your designs lately! (Not that I didn't before...)

Annette said...

Virginia you are amazing with color...I love this design...looks awesome..

Laura Jane said...

PERFECTION!!

cnelson said...

So FAB! LOVE the colors!

Susan F. said...

Oooooh, I like that!

Kristen said...

I LOVE this card!

alexandra s.m. said...

You're TOO clever!!!
Love this!
Thank You for the inspiration!

Lindsey said...

I wouldn't say, not perfect -- I'd say artistic! Great one-layer card.

yyam said...

Wow! Fabulous stamping! Just love the bright, bold colours! :)

cardz said...

Great use of colour and a very clever layout. It's bright and beautiful.
Heather T

Risa said...

COOL!

Alice Wertz said...

really like your take on the trigger. lovely card, V!!

Bethany said...

Very pretty Virginia! So gorgeous!

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

stamplover2011 said...

Love how you did this!!

Kara Lynne said...

Great masking idea. Those are fun colors too!

Julie S. said...

Those colors are so yummy - just like your card!

BabyBokChoy said...

The sheer genius of this card! The idea!!

Bumblebee said...

very cool idea! thanks for sharing!

Susan said...

Very clever use of the hexagon die! Cool card!

chrystinanoel.com said...

I always love your inspiration, but I look at it, and I immediately think of creating something in the same shape of your inspiration - and then I keep scrolling down and you kind of blow my mind with the shapes that you come up with. Hexagons? I love it.